Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

That's the plan x Thank you for always checking in here and leaving words of support it means a lot xxx

Great diary! Very motivational!

I am restarting again today for what seems like the 100th time. Like you said though.. I haven't given up! I'm still trying!

Getting married in 6 months. Wedding dress shopping in 2. Need to shift as much as possible. Been putting it off for too long!

You are doing so well and I look forward to reading more of your journey.

Tracey xx

Hi Tracey! I'm so excited for you restarting this journey for the final time - you're going to look Stunning on your wedding day .....and the best part is, after achieving this, you'll feel like Wonder Woman lol

I just saw your Ticker : 16lbs in week 1 is phenomenal! That's a stone and 2lbs simply obliterated!!!!!! :worthy: Good for you x

Thank you so much for your words of support, I was beginning to think people were put off by my candour, but I figured I'd leave my drama out there in case any of it is useful to someone else ..... even if only to be grateful their lives and loves are easier!:)

I'd love to stay in touch with you on your journey - what day is your Weigh in? Are you in week 2? 70lbs can be dropped in 5 months. The magic of us restarters? We already know we're not quitters. Don't ever give up hon, you know it's so worth the effort ..... just keep that Flame burning ..... and feel free to holler at me if you ever need help fanning the flame xx

Hi Beverley,

Unfortunately that's an old ticker. I have just updated all my information. I am starting today just 1lb different from you!

I weigh in on monday. Hoping to get as close to a stone off as possible!

Will be sure to check in soon, these sites definitely help me through the tough times!

xx

Hey, please can I join ur thread this is my third attempt at this diet!!! I did two full weeks no cheating in January and fell pregnant :) I now have three beautiful girls with all the baby weight to shift never lost it from the first two :cry:
All ready to start tomorrow! Do go to Zumba twice a week so that's my exercise sorted! You are doing amazing Beverly. How did you get through first week any tips x

Oh please do come aboard Jemma! We'd love to have you join in! x

Firstly, well done on making this choice sweetie. You've obviously never given up on yourself and after your beautiful babies, it's time to write yourself a love letter.

For the first week? Grit your teeth! It will be mentally hard from day 1 to 3, but honey - you've been in labour! You can get through it. No tasting of the bubbas' dinners, and with three little ones the minute they go to bed .... Get your butt to sleep as soon as you can - you'll need the extra rest (& it kept me away from the fridge and stopped me driving myself crazy with my usual nighttime gobbling). Get some of those little 250ml bottles of water if you can, sip 2 during the morning, 2 over lunch time, 2 over dinner time and if you manage a last 2 during the evening that'll be 4 litres done. There will be a lot of peeing, but your bladder will get used to it. 2 litres for the day is also fine, but keep hydrated. I'm so excited for you! :clap: This is a really exciting time because you will never be this weight again (and the first weeks' loss when all the cr@p leaves your body will be so motivating!). Take it easy on the exercise for weeks 1 & 2 if you're doing SS, you're body isn't adjusted to the new regime just yet and you're not taking in enough calories to waste.

Come on here as much as you can (with little ones it's not so easy, I know) - how much do you want to lose? I'm really going to look forward to reading how much you're dropping each week. Stay determined and focused, you can drop a good few pounds by Xmas. You can do this if I can. Promise. xx

Last edited:
hi there

i ve just found your diary i like the style, i have 3 wishes for you
1. lose the weight you want
2. please contact Rc again(when you are ready), even if he s moved on, the what if are the killers. i know this might seem a bit airy fairy to your earthy realism but 10 years ago i made the choice not to always be the bystander in my life. i go for the things i want dont always get them but then i am free to move to the next adventure. there isn t a knock back that i regret because i know i havent let any opportunity slip past me.
3. kick that hideous excuse for a human being into touch, bullys only have power if you let them.
jx

Hi,

First morning done will get some little bottles of water this is a good idea. Yeah I will take it easy on the Zumba I like to go for a bit of adult conversation lol and let my hair down. Love being a mum but does get lonely sometimes. I am a nurse so have a very busy stressful job. Should make the most of being off but do find all the spare time hard.
I want to loose the weight so much just want to feel more like me, have more energy and feel good in my clothes again. Thank-you for your support.

Keep thinking about a nice dress for Christmas :) and planning on applying for new jobs after Christmas with more friendly hours for my monkeys. We will both have new exciting things coming our way :) whohooo!!

How do you did cooking for other people?

Jem

In the first four days I gave my fifteen year old oven food with veg - easily thrown together and forgotten about by me. I have my shakes roughly every 4.5 hours (I'm on 4 shakes as I'm 5'8") so coordinated with his breakfast, lunch and dinner and pretty much made food he likes and I'm not fussed about. From day 5, I had my shake and then could make him whatever while sipping my water.

I know what you mean about being at home, it can make this diet harder in some ways - I was made redundant in September after a 14 year career and have been frantically searching for a new job. There are roles locally but the pay is crap so the hunt goes on. I feel so, so motivated right now which is a byproduct of the energy I've rediscovered on this diet, so I know I'll find something before the redundancy payment runs out in March :). I just know it.

How is your first day going sweetie? Just take an hour at a time, it'll be bed time soon enough and the first day SS will be done xxx

Lol Sky dragon!!!! I waaaaaay ahead of you on No. 3 (I should have updated) my confidence and belief in myself is so sky high I informed the ex that he was an ex for VERY good reason, the Sunshine Boy is 15 and well able to communicate with him independent of me and all calls to my phones will be blocked :D Oh my goodness the sense of instant relief and peace was ENORMOUS! It doesn't fix everything but I held in my mind how I would feel if this pig was treating my best girlfriend like I was being treated .... Well you can imagine what I had to say. Very cathartic :)

You know what? You're totally right. I'll get in the 15s and reach out to RC (when the sexy clothes fit! Lol) I'll only ever regret the road not travelled, right?

Thank you for your support Jen, and for reaching out to me, it really means a lot xx how's your day going so far diet wise? Big hugs xxx

i am fighting the good fight diet wise, still have headache so not getting out of bed and do you know what im really rather enjoying it:)

First day so far so Good 100% just made my girls tea and went for freezer food just to help me :) never crave that stuff lol. Going to pop to tesco when oh returns from work and get some bottles of water. So hopefully tomor I will find this part easier. All in all feeling good! Long May it last eeekkk!
Hope your having a good day :) that sucks bout redundancies but on the positive I am sure a amazing fresh start is ahead of u :)
I am being weighed tomor and having all my measurements done so a week on Wednesday I will get my first weeks result. What is ur weigh day?

Jem

Hi all...can I join?...lol..day 5 for me and have read ur post and find them very supportive...ideally wantung to lose 2 stone to start..signiture is with the wrong weight but cannot update..hoping to succeed this time round..just come out of a divorce and really need this to work!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Canvas! Welcome aboard :) We're glad to have you sweetie. Ugh, this must be such a difficult time for you, but to quote Jemma - what a wonderful opportunity for change. Five days on is the sweet spot isn't it? You must be firmly cruising :) all hail Sole Sourcing! Lol it's brilliant

(mobile was being stupid so had to switch to laptop!)

Two stone is such an achievable goal, I imagine you'll be there by the end of December .... have you done CWP before? Are you looking to lose more than the initial 2st? You're right though ... it's usually best to break the losses into manageable chunks so you don't get discouraged; it's not about the months, it's about losing the pounds :)

Well done you on changing and improving your life (is your weigh in on Thursday or Friday?) - I'm thoroughly looking forward to following your progress x

First day so far so Good 100% just made my girls tea and went for freezer food just to help me :) never crave that stuff lol. Going to pop to tesco when oh returns from work and get some bottles of water. So hopefully tomor I will find this part easier. All in all feeling good! Long May it last eeekkk!
Hope your having a good day :) that sucks bout redundancies but on the positive I am sure a amazing fresh start is ahead of u :)
I am being weighed tomor and having all my measurements done so a week on Wednesday I will get my first weeks result. What is ur weigh day?

Jem

Hiya Jem,

The oven food really works doesn't it? Lol I refuse to feel guilt, four days did my Sunshine Boy no harm (it may have even been 5!! Yes food nazis I said it! Lol).

My WI is on Saturday morning, I weigh myself and send the info and a photo to my CWP counsellor - he has a wide area to cover so only gets to see me once a month (he was here yesterday) but he's really supportive, and I'm pretty self supporting so after struggling to crack this for six years (Started off on Lipotrim, switched to Cambridge got to goal, piled it on again when I got ill etc, tried Lighter Life for half a minute - *shudder* HATED the products - and finally have cracked the mindset and have been steaming along since 3rd October) so I kind of know what I'm doing so can get away with only seeing him once a month and I'm really strict with myself and only jump on the scales on Saturday morning to motivate me to stick to SS over the wekend. Ahem - wow tmi: all that to say Saturday is D-day!!!:p

You know, you're totally right - this redundancy is a glass half full opportunity :D and I'm seizing it with both hands!

Did you get your water? Day 1 is nearly over for you! Yaaaaay :) well done chick - you survived the hardest day (well, until the carb headache hits on day 4 ish lol); and tomorrow' s first weigh in and measurements is BIG ... you will never be this size again ... relish it, you'll be boasting about leaving those figures in your rear view mirror for the rest of your life xxx

i am fighting the good fight diet wise, still have headache so not getting out of bed and do you know what im really rather enjoying it:)

Aaah bliss - today was so cold and miserable I snuggled under the duvet myself for an hour (on the sofa) after my hospital appointment ... being redundant has limited perks, but I've found a new one: staying warm and cosy in winter lol

Im 13.7 at min and wanting two stone to start with...ideally would like to get in the 10 stone bracket...baby step..have dun this before and thankfully kept the weight off given a 1lb or two...I tend to find I can do this in doses ...lose a couple and come off it a month or two and then go back on it....give my self a weight I cannot go over usually 3 or 4 lbs and tend to be able to cope with it....but now it does feel different ...im single and ready to mingle and want to feel gud doing it!!!! Have 2 boyz to think of to...and have realised one thing...if im happy...they happy..
Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back