The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

You're right, Claire, I certainly didn't negotiate terms well for working today but my primary thought was to get off early on Friday to get to the house quicker! I didn't start until nearly noon either, so need to work until about 8pm to get a whole day so it'll probably end up less than that, but still...

Sun's shining! Hope it's shining on Tash. Better dash, speak tomorrow

Tash is now a married woman. CONGRATULATIONS TASH!!

As for me, I'm pretty happy with my scales this morning. Perhaps it was the 2 x 10km walks? Perhaps the fact that I worked Sunday (only 4 hours, so 1/2 day off on Friday) meant I snacked less (DEFINITELY!). Maybe it'll go back on tomorrow (probably!!). It certainly raised a smile on my face this morning at 6.30am (got up early in case the nasty metro people had gone back on strike - not YET at least!!).

I did my usual 15 min fast walk, instead of changing metros, and it felt like NOTHING... weather permitting, I need to walk more now that I'm in the mood!

So 4.5 work days until I take off for a week in the country house. Thurs 1st is a Public Holiday here, and the 2nd tagged on for good measure so only taking 3 days' hol. Advance forecast is COLD and rain, so not ideal at all!

Well done on the loss, I'm sure a bit of exercise makes a difference. I had an excessive weekend, too busy so got a takeaway last night, never a good idea weight-wise. Only a blip though I'm sure, I was 9st8.5lbs on Saturday, and two and a half pounds more today, so it should be gone in a few days. Overall trend is slowly down, so it must be good.

How nice to have a holiday to look forwards to, nothing planned here and the weather getting colder by the minute. We usually have a few days away for Christmas shopping etc, I'm not sure what to do this year. We have a customer who may want to order a couple of machines and they have asked for a price for installation. This would mean a trip to Lyon, quite cheap and easy in itself but I don't trust the baggage handlers to take care of the machines, last time we did one of these they shook them up so badly they didn't work on arrival. So I am looking at other options, no way do I want to drive down there, the time (and cost) is ludicrous. One option is driving to Lille and getting the TGV, only 3hrs travel time, and we could be there by 9.30.

Looks like Tasha had lovely weather yesterday if it was anything like we had here.

Not got much time, but for Lyon, why not check cheap flight? I googled:

"Cheap flights London to Lyon" and got lots of possibilities... that might work better

I've got a big problem with flying and taking the machines with us, the treatment they get from baggage handlers is too rough and we can't risk the damage. So either we send them by carrier and then fly out with Easyjet to do the installation or we take them ourselves but travel overland.

oh yes of course - I didn't think of those baggage handlers! When I used to fly into Southampton, it's such a tiny airport that you step out on the tarmac (like a film star!). You'd see the handlers literally throwing the cases to each other and, inevitably, the odd one would smash to the ground!

Same weight this morning so happy because I always fear a Tuesday increase after a weekend, as often it doesn't register on Monday for some reason with me. So three days until holiday and feeling strong. To be honest, since my "binge month", I've not had a problem keeping away from treats. None for me is easier than some, and always has been, so just having one thing (creme egg last Sunday!) once a week seems to be working. Once the floodgates open, I know that's then a problem, so I prefer to keep "reasonable" for now. Mind you, I've got a stash of plums and clementines to keep my sweet tooth happy... once upon a time, they wouldn't have done it for me... how times change!

Hope all is well with you Claire...

Hi, trying to get my head straight after a seriously hectic day and evening. I seem to be trying to do half a dozen things at once and my head is in a whirl. We had a bad experience with baggage handlers at Grenoble, or possibly at Stansted because you can't really tell who has done what, so I'm very dubious about taking equipment with us. But it seems the cheapest option is to fly and have the machines sent in advance by carriers. The actual flight cost is minimal, adding on car hire, hotels and PDs because the flight times are inconvenient is what bumps it up. I'm hoping we can do the job mid December and come back via Paris for some quick Christmas shopping.

Well done on the weight, only six pounds to go! I've dipped down again a bit, not enough but we'll see what happens over the next couple of days, still two and a half over goal. I'm just the same on one treat not being enough, that is what I really need to learn, how to say "that was nice, I've had enough now". I find it easy on DDs when I just don't have bad stuff, but UDs are much more risky.

Hi all! I have been eagerly anticipiating this moment, as of today, I am now a qualified member of the last stone club! :) :) Yes! So if it's alright with all of you, I'd like to proudly become a member of the last stone club!
Love Ida xxxx

Ooh I forgot to add - weight today 61 kg (9st 8), target weight 55kg (8st 7-8ish).. :D (I'm only a little dwarf, me!)

Hi Ida, welcome aboard! This last stone is such an ongoing struggle for me I have been here for months, every time I nearly get there I have a holiday or event that puts it off again. What diet are you doing?

I think the last stone is always the hardest. But if you get it off, then you learn a lot along the way, and thats exactly what you need to maintain. In a way its almost positive it takes a while, you learn a lot about yourself, and while you can't hop on the scales and see the magic number, you get a lot out of it anyways.

I'm doing a meal replacement diet, my own version of cambridge using the meal replacements we have here in Denmark (yes, thats why my english is dodgy too). I've just started my version of 790 this week, and will be going up to 1000 soon. I've gone from 73,8kg (11st 9) to 61kg (9st 8) in just under 6 weeks (4 weeks SS, 2 weeks AAM and now just starting 2 weeks 790). If i can keep to my usual 2kg/week, i should be down to 57kg (9st) in two weeks, and then i'll be working up 1000-1200 etc until i reach goal.

But I think after 790 its gonna be hard to keep myself from cheating - carbs are my big addiction, and i'm really going to have to work at portion sizes.

Thanks for the welcome, and I hope you have a great evening!

Lots of love, ida xxx

Good morning all!
Have just hopped on the scale and am pleased to report a 1kg loss - so I weigh 60.0kg/9st 5. Seeing 50-something in the scales will be a huge milestone for me.

I have promised myself i will start running when I get under 60kg. Looks like that will be tomorrow or some time this week - eek!

Other than that I have a bit of a boring day ahead, meeting with my group at 10am to finish a report, and then at 13.15 until 18 I have a biophysics practical.. ugh. I'd rather sleep :)

Hope you all have a great day
Love Ida xxx

Welcome Idaj and what FABULOUS English you speak!

Congratulations on your weight loss to date. You're right at having identified the carbs as causing the problems! Avoiding them, I find easy but as soon as I start, that's me off!

6lbs for me to go BUT am off for a week's holiday on Friday lunchtime, so always fear any break from my usual strict "taking lunch to work" food routine. I'll be in charge of my own food, at least, but that's not always seen me through a holiday "safely"! Fingers crossed! I'm sick of having a wardrobe of clothes I can't *quite* get in!

Scales still singing the same song to me so not overly bothered! I had feared that the initial drop on Monday might come back on, so am pleased that I've stayed firm since! Having (a few) carbs each day might just make this a little easier, if slower, as at least I'm not fluctuating as much as "before"...

Scales the same here too, after an UD which is good. I'm not hoping for anything amazing in the way of losses, half a pound a week would be perfectly acceptable, although it is a very fine line between a tiny loss and a tiny gain.

Ida, you English looks perfect to me, far better than many English people in fact! You've lost really well, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I did Cambridge to start with (a year ago now) and lost nearly two stones, then put some back on when I stopped it, which is why I am dieting again now. Have you decided on a maintenance system yet? Carbs are a big problem, I haven't come to terms with them myself either - sometimes I start and just can't stop.

Joanne. I think you're right about getting some carbs back in, your body will get used to them. It seems to me that if the diet can become the maintenance system with only gentle changes it has got to be easier. I'd love to be able to say "Hooray, got there, I can eat whatever I want now" but I know it can never happen, not unless I want my time at goal to be very brief.

Hello beautiful people! Thankyou for the lovely welcome.

I'm dead jealous of your holiday Maintainer, I'm trying to convince bf to take me away somewhere nice. But alas, the fluttering of my very long mascara painted eyelashes and subtle hints don't seem to be working.

to be honest, I've been thinking about maintainance all the way through this diet. I tend to lose quickly (I really throw myself into things when I do them!) so it has been in my thoughts right from the start. I'm getting sick of the meal replacements, I don't think they're as good as the cambridge ones, so I'm slowly phasing them out (being careful to keep the correct balance of nutrients etc).
When I'm done with 1000, I'll drop the meal replacements and do a 1200 calorie diet, then 1500, and so on. My biggest problem has always been greed - I (being somewhat active) can eat a whole pizza and not put on weight, but I'm greedy and want fries too. So I need to learn to eat smaller portions, and I think my stomach is smaller now anyway! :)
My diet wasnt too bad before, but I put on a lot of weight through comfort eating after my ex-bf died (a year ago).
I think thats quite enough rambling for me right now (sorry, I do tend to go on a bit!!!)

Hope you all have a wonderful and sucessful evening
Lots of Love, Ida xxx

PS I'm 155cm without heels (ssh, dont tell anyone) so my target weight will give me a smashing BMI of 23. :)

Yay, I'm not the shortest any more! Your target bmi is about the same as mine Ida. Thinking about maintenance is so important, you are well aware that keeping the weight off is harder than losing it. Have you looked at JUDDDD, the diet I am using? It gives you the freedom to eat what you like every other day, then you have about half your recommended amount on the alternate days if you are maintaining weight. It doesn't suit everyone but I love it. Your stomach will certainly have shrunk, but believe me it doesn't take long to expand again. Do you get short days now in Denmark? I hate getting up in the dark.

Joanne, only one and a half days now until your holiday, I am green with envy.

I like the idea of JUDDD, but I don't think its for me. I have a routine each day, and thats what works best for me. I think changing it each day would be chaotic for me! But thats why there are so many different diets, what is you english people say, horses for courses? or something!!! (crazy brits ;))

The work day is 8am-4pm here, so I get up in the dark (6am, leave house at 7am), and it's getting dark when I'm on my bike on the way home too. Dead chilly too - I'm loving my new mittens, and will have to dredge through my accumulated crap to see if i can find a scarf that (vaguely) matches! lol

*sneaks into joannes suitcase while she isnt looking and hitches a ride*

Have a wonderful evening/day tomorrow!
Lots of love
Ida xx

PS dwarves unite!!!

Lovely to see chat on this thread again! You're more than welcome to come idaj! I'm off to the countryside, East of France, where temperatures are pretty cold in the winter too. Brrrr! We have a lovely log burning stove which we'll get stoked up as soon as we arrive, and will probably keep it ticking over all week! I love sitting beside it in the evening, and the cats just love it all day long!

The way I maintained for three years, idaj, was by pretty much sticking to my healthy eating plan weekdays (cos I was at work anyway, in a routine, so easy to keep it going), then at the weekend, I allowed myself more freedom (sometimes too much!). Weekly weighing I stayed pretty stable on a Friday, but obviously "gained" over the weekend, and "lost" over the week, but wouldn't have known about that had I not been such a serial weigher!

So I'll be leaving the office at noon tomorrow (YAY!!)... weight stable so that's fine, just hope I don't lose the plot while out of normal routine.

Morning, I'm feeling a bit unenthusiatic. Yesterday was totally rubbish, too much to do, mostly unproductive and inconclusive so I still have the stuff hanging over me today. We had the opening night of our play (I'm not in it, just taking tickets, but it is still hectic), and I had to get two posters drafted so they could go on the boards for the punters to read.

Weight down a little this morning, 9st8.5lbs, but I feel it is only temporary. Pleasing all the same to think I am going in the right direction.

A woodburner sounds lovely and cosy, I can just picture your cats lounging beside it. And you don't get the draughts you have with open fireplaces. I don't really spend enough evenings at home to bother with fires, plus my dog hates being too warm - she puffs and pants all through summer nights. Are you going to be working on the house or just enjoying the place?

Ida, I don't think I could cope with long dark winters, but I suppose the summers make up for it. Where do you work, from what you said I imagined it was a university? I work from home so am really lucky not to have to travel.

Better get on with some annoying phone calls, grrrr, I hate people who won't call back.

Back