The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Sorry to hear you've been poorly - I don't think the up/down day rules apply here - defiantely just eat what you fancy (or not if you are not hungry) until you are recovered.

Have decided to give JUDD a bash - and seeing as I subscribe to WW I will use points instead of calories. I am 'allowed' 19 per day so will have 9/10 on a down day and 28/29 on an up day . I reckon WW averages 60 cals per point so that is 540/600 on a down day and 1680/1740 on an up day. Dont think can manage on less for a down day.

What do you think?

Hope you feel better soon :)

I like the idea of eating defiantly! I'm eating but not over much, so it will be a sort of intermediate day today. The WW idea might work well, it's easier to count than calories. With your height you'll be allowed more than I was. Am I right in thinking WW allows "free" foods. You might need to keep an eye on them and make sure you don't have too much as I found it was easy to take in another 100 calories without realising it! Let me know how you get on. I have to say I enjoyed it much more than normal diets because going without for one day is never a big deal. These diets which tell you that you can never eat another biscuit are just not for me.

Yes it does and I also belong to weight loss resources so I am plotting the calories for a while too to make sure I'm not too far out.

So long as I dont exceed 2450 cals over the 2 days and there is a good difference between the 2 days then I'm not too worried.

I calculated around 640 cals yesterday and I lost 2lbs overnight!!!! Be interested to see what it says tomorrow.

A Tash with no biscuits, cake, chocolate etc would be a very sad Tash indeed!!!!

2lbs back on this morning but have calculated the calories I have eaten last 2 days and the total is 2458. Around 640 Tuesday and 1818 yesterday so am on track and feel good!!!

Down day today and am looking at a banana on my desk for breakfast - not hungry yet and am looking forward to waking up with an empty stomach tomorrow knowing I can actually eat!!

Hope you are feeling better today Claire.

Hi Tash, I'm pretty much back to normal here. You'll find big daily fluctuations so don't let that worry you, the overall trend will be downwards. Saturday morning is my official weighing time as I do Mon, Wed, Fri DDs. I've often found the DDs quite appealing, the sense of taking control again is good. You've got the right idea on averaging the days and keeping a good difference, you'll get into the swing of it quickly. A word of warning about plateaus, you can stick for 2 weeks or more, it is really upsetting but it passes and the weight loss afterwards makes up for that.

I don't think life without sweet stuff would be at all acceptable. I'm sure we should be able to have it all, just not every day.

Weightwise I'm doing OK although I don't know if today's reading is accurate, I'm pretty much eating normally again so maybe it is. I'm down a pound since Saturday, with any luck that will still be the case by the weekend. Then there is only another pound to lose to be back at target again. Nice to think that even sickness has its plus points.

Woke up feeling extremely hungry today. Yesterday I ate:

1 small banana 80
4 ryvita 128
honey 50
butter 70
tea/milk 120
Plum 20
20g chocolate 100
40g chicken 40
tablespoon korma 40

Total cals 648 - points 10

Am doing a few days of calories and points to average out the point/calorie amount - its looking like 65 per point. So 38 points over 2 days is around 2470 cals which is about right.

Glad you are feeling better and that you are happy with the scales! Do you have both days at the weekend as up days? If so - have you always done this or only since maintenance.

Do you have anything nice planned for the weekend? We have a skip outside our house that we are gradually filling. Hopefully the weather will be fine and we can get out and about with the kids. Next task - look at the forecast.

Have a lovely weekend!

Bummer :(

Forecast shows rain for today, Saturday and Sunday. Some sun for Monday and full smiley sun for Tuesday - TYPICAL!

Oh what a PITA, I could really do with a bit of nice weather. Just looked at the forecast for here and we are promised sunshine tomorrow, then black clouds and rain - yuck.

You managed to keep your DD cals down, well done. It's a matter of personal choice where we spend our calories, I gave up having milk in coffee, and only had a couple a day as it seemed such a waste when I could have food instead. Do you like salads and suchlike? Salad and lean meat is filling for not many calories, and helps with fibre. Weekends have always been up, even when I was dieting, it helps me to always keep the days the same. I think some people do an intermediate day on a Sunday, but I like to have the whole weekend free. Bit depressing when you weigh on Monday morning though!

I'm going to be busy with show preparations this weekend so not making any plans for trips or anything. Maybe a bit of time in the garden but that's all.

Weigh in today and I am down a pound(ish) on last week. So only one more to go and I'll be back at goal. I'll try not to be too bad this weekend, I have an awful lot to do so it should be fairly easy. Still investigating this insulin resistance thing and tried an oat based breakfast recipe which should be suitable - low GL etc. I have to say it was weird, a sort of pancake but American style more like a drop scone, and made with a lot of oats. It would have been nicer if it hadn't had so much buttermilk in, that stuff tastes weird to me. I might try the recipe again but with some variations, I'll wait and see how long I feel satisfied, the whole point is to not feel hungry throughout the morning.

How is it going with you Tash? I hope you get the chance to do something wit the kids, the forecast said the rain won't reach most of us today.

Hi Claire

Hope you are having a good BH weekend! And well done on the lb!

We had a busy day on Saturday, estate agents to put our house on the market, opticians, cleaning, shopping, decluttering the house, Mum and Dad around for cake, flapjack and coffee.

Yesterday we all went to Mum and Dads for a family get together, I have 2 sisters and we were all there so that was lovely.

Am just off out for my morning walk and then I'm not sure what we are doing for the rest of the day - it looks like rain so maybe a cinema trip might be in order. Kids (including OH!) want to see Iron Man.

Diet wise - dreadful day yesterday - was an UD but I ate for England. Havent had anything since 3pm yesterday but STILL feel completely bloated. SO glad today is a DD and plan to eat very little and drink LOADS of water. Really regret eating so much yesterday lunch time as I hate feeling so stuffed. My Mum did a fab roast and there was 3 puddings!!! Plum crumble, pavlova and syrup sponge!!! Then cheese and biscuits.

I suppose on the up side - I didnt overeat on a binge - it was a proper family meal and we all indulged!!

It does sometimes happen on an UD that things get out of control "because you can", and the DDs seem to be easier somehow. As you say it was a proper meal rather than a huge bar of chocolate or a bag of doughnuts. Sounds like you all had a really good time which is what matters most.

Where are you moving to? Bit of a difficult time to be doing it, I'm hearing of trouble with chains as there's always someone who can't get the finance now.

We've had beautiful weather but I haven't been out much, except for walking the dog because I've been busy building the set for our show. DH helped me today, but he gets in such a bad mood I sometimes think I'd rather just struggle by on my own! My resident blackbirds have a second clutch of eggs hatched and are always fighting with the other garden birds to stop them getting what they consider to be their food. My weight has increased a bit (a pound and a quarter) as I'd expect over the weekend, so I'll see how things are tomorrow after my DD today. Fingers crossed that will have gone and I'll be able to lose a little more this week.

Back to work, and I'm trying to put it off a bit longer. Weight OK this morning, a quarter of a pound more than Saturday, but after two UDs and one DD that's usual. It is lovely and sunny again today so I will go to the market later, see if they have anything interesting in the way of vegetables. There were new potatoes on Saturday but at £2 a pound I didn't bother!

How are things with you Tash? I'm just imaging Joanne basking in French sunshine, makes me long for my holiday - only six weeks to wait.

Back to work for me too :mad:. Still - never mind, at least its been a beautiful day and I think I'm going to make the most of it and go for a walk this evening.

Hope Joanne is having a lovely holiday although I must say that her holidays dont sound as if she spends much time basking in the sun!!!!

Not going to comment on my diet or weight :rolleyes: Am useless!!

Hope the weather continues to be lovely into the weekend - its my birthday on Sunday!!!

Hi Tash, don't let the odd bad day get you down, we all have them. So long as we can get more good days than bad days it will all work out in the end. It's hard when you are cooking for others too. Have you got anything fun planned for your birthday? It's a well known fact that anything eaten on your birthday has zero calories.

I'm weighing the same today as yesterday, after my UD, so there is hope for the week, fingers crossed I'll be down half a pound by Saturday. I'm feeling a bit stressed after a very bad rehearsal last night - we always have some but it is depressing when I am working so hard to get everything ready.

Tiny loss this morning, but better than nothing. I must try to be careful today, avoid the biscuits and so forth. I had a sudden thought that Friday is a DD but I am committed to having a curry in the evening, no chance to avoid that as it is with a load of friends and one is cooking. I'll just try to keep portions small and if there is no loss this week so be it. I'm only a pound above my target weight so it isn't a huge problem.

I tried on my summer clothes today, even looked at myself in the mirror in shorts (horrified gasp). Verdict - I'll always have horrible legs but they didn't look too bad. Maybe I'll be brave enough to wear them out somewhere, not shopping or anything but possibly walking the dog.

Not a very good result on the scales this morning, back up a pound. Fingers crossed that it will be gone tomorrow but I'm not holding out much hope for any losses this week. No time to write much today as I have a busy day ahead and rehearsal this evening. Can't wait for the weekend.

How are things Tash?

Hi Claire

Had a good few days after my dreaful weekend (foodwise). Been using WLR and have been entering everything including exercise. It is allowing me 1100 cals per day plus exercise. This should give me a 1.5lb loss per week. Was 11/11 on Tuesday :( - still the same but I am not going to give up:D - am very determined. Feel much better and am walking loads.

Sorry the scales havent been kind but it does seem to me that you really have it under control - everyone flucuates.

I am sure your legs look fine - we are so self critical.

Hope the next rehearsal improves - I am sure it will.

No calories on my birthday - woohoo!!!!

Am going to a spa tomorrowing morning with my sisters and then nothing planned so far for Sunday - think my OH is taking me out for lunch.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather!

Hi Tash, you sound like you've got your head in the right place for this now. Just focusa onthe goal and you'll get there. Hope you have a brilliant birthday, sounds like there are treats in store.

I've gained three quarters of a pound over this week, but I put it down to the curry very late last night! I'll have to buckle down next week, unfortunately I haven't had any dance classes lately which is bad for me. We did go for a bike ride round the park, but it wasn't exactly aerobic exercise, more of a leisurely pedal. So lovely to be able to go out without a jacket.

Down a bit again this morning but still a pound and a half to go. I've been having some hungry days which doesn't help. UD today so I think I'll stock up on fruit, always good for hunger pangs.

Back