The Long Road

tulalawn

Hi All,

Louise here. Starting Lighterlife tomorrow morning (Thursday 13th). So nervous :confused:. Would love to know how ye lovely girls and boys got thru the tough bits. I'd love to say I've tons of willpower but I dont. However I will have to pull it from somewhere. Really need to get it sorted. Feel like I am slowly fading away if you catch my meaning. No spark or humour left in me unfortunately. I'm getting married in September. And although I know I wont be at target by then I'd like to be hopefully far away from what I am now. Would love to have someone to chat to about it all.

Louise

Hi Louise! Firstly, welcome! I'm very excited for you starting tomorrow, I remember what it felt like to start. The first couple of days can be tough but once you get in the zone you'll be flying by, and so will the losses! The first week loss is usually quite spectacular and that in itself is extremely motivating, especially if your will power is wavering somewhat.

Do you have a rough idea of how much you would like to lose in total?

I wish you the best of luck for tomorrow although I'm sure you won't need it. :)

Keep us updated on how it's going!

I honestly don't know Tash. I've loads to lose. I'm currently in 18st9 and in size 22's. Would love to just get to a 16 before the wedding. But it's probably too much to ask. I'm kicking myself I didn't do this sooner. But I suppose you have to get to a place in your head first where your ready to try. How were your losses in the first few months do you mind me asking. I'd like to map out my next few months and get a vision in my head to call upon when things get tough.

Louise x

Hi Louise,

Good to see you on here and hope today goes well! I am also getting married this year and am in the same position of wanting to look my best at the wedding. I started on 10th march weighing 16st 4 pounds and I now weigh 13 stone 5 pounds so you can see how the diet really does work. Hoping to lose another 3 stone plus before the wedding but am happy with whatever happens from here as I know I'm on the right track.

It is funny to say it because it's so extreme but this is the easiest diet I have ever done. After around 8/9 weeks I think you completely switch off from food. After 2/3 days you will stop feeling hungry and that's the hard part done. Honestly it's a great journey and you see the results very quickly!

I wish you all the best of luck and am here if you have any questions. Let me know how you get on tonight!

Tess

Just weighed in and got my packs. Weighed in heavier than expected :( story of my life. On the packs starting in the morning. No bars till Sunday. So excited and nervous at the same time. I don't want to fail like I normally do. I want to wear nice clothes and I want to be happy on my wedding day. Not sucking in my stomach.
Tried the water flavouring. Yum. Having the porridge in the morning. Hope its nice.

Louise x

You're absolutely right Louise, if your head isn't ready there's no point in doing it. I wish I'd started a long time ago but I wouldn't have been able to stick it. For some reason (desperation perhaps) I've had no problem sticking to this. Like Tess said, although its extreme, it's the easiest thing I've ever done - there's no counting points or calories - you just have your 4 packs a day and the weight falls off!

I think generally, most people tend to lose a stone a month or thereabouts. I lost 10lbs in my first week and usually about 3lbs a week after. My losses are slowing now, around 2lbs a week, but I suppose it's to be expected.

I hope you enjoy your porridge for breakfast, and remember we're always here! (Admittedly, Tess is better at logging in regularly than I am! ;))

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So had the porridge. Was "ok" !? Nice and warming so I'd say I'll be on that for breakfast for the foreseeable future. Must update my stats. What will help no end is a good first week results. It's getting there is the thing! My mantra for the week is "think of the clothes". Vain I know but I've honestly never felt fab going out. Can't wait to have a dress on.

Louise x

I think clothes are a massive motivator, especially when the sizes start going down! It's great when the tight things start to feel loose!

If you stick to the packs, you will have a fantastic 1st week loss. Are you going in for a pop in during your first week? That helps motivate, especially as the first couple of days can be pretty tough. It really is worth it - I swear!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back