The most horrible weekend

goodlard

Olivia
In the early hours of Friday morning my mum died unexpectedly and I have stuffed my face all weekend. I feel so many different types of awful that I can't even count them. I feel as though this whole weekend was a nightmare, and tomorrow I hope to wake up.

Oh my goodness, that is just awful. I'm so sorry to hear your loss. Don't beat yourself up re food though, it really doesn't matter right now. Nothing I can say will make it better but look after yourself and I hope you have plenty of people around you xxxx

:bighug:So sorry to hear about your loss, please don't add to your worries and worry about food. When you are in a better frame of mind you will be able to continue with your journey.
XXXXX

How awful. I am so sorry to hear this. Food is the least of your worries at this sad time. Take care of yourself, rest as much as you can, and tackle things one day at a time. Blessings to you and yours x

So sorry for you,as everyone has said dont worry about the food right now xxx

I hav no words...

Sorry for your loss, look after urself and ur family at this awful time

Xxx

Oh my sweet - what a horrible thing. Of course you are devestated, and will be for however long it takes. Grief is an unpredictable journey, and the only thing to do for the best is to be kind to yourself, and don't try to rush through the process. It will take as long as it must.

Wishing you warmth and strength through the hard, hard times ahead. xxxx

I'm so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine how you must be feeling. If you ever need to chat or need a shoulder we're all here. Take care x

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think u are doing well to even get through the day at the mo, don't even think about beating yourself up about eating as it's not the time. Big hugs xxx

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this very sad time.

My mum died suddenly nearly 3 years ago, so I know exactly how numb you are feeling at the moment.

As everyone has said, don't worry about food and just take each minute as it comes.

Take care, we are all here if you need anything xxx

Last edited:
So, So, Sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Remember to take care of yourself as you are bound to be feeling many different things over the next few days. Grief is different for everybody, your diet is probably the last thing on your mind right now. Don't add guilt about that to your full plate of emotions. God Bless you.

Thank you all so much for your kind words. It's been a rough few days but fortunately I've got a lot of very good people around me, and an incredibly supportive partner, so I've got a lot of support and kindness. I've actually decided to get back on the diet tomorrow. I'm going to have an easy day today, just some proteins, and get back to Cambridge in the morning. My mum died because of a heart attack, and I know she'd want me to be taking care of myself so I can try to prevent the same thing happening to me. She died way too young and I don't want to end up that way, so I'm going to channel my grief into something positive, because I've tried sugar and carbs and they didn't make me feel any better. Doing this just might. xxxxxx

Good luck. It's great that you have lots of support in this difficult time.

I'm amazed at your positive attitude & wishing you success on your new journey.

so very sorry. our mum's are usually our rocks.

stuffing your face might help now but not in the long run. you are so much more than food.

i had a nasty time with my mum last year. i was not in the same position. my mum is a diabetic and she got gangrene. her toe went first. she was on morphine and morphine patches. she changed into a different person where i felt like i was mum and had to be strong. eventually her large diabetic ulcer on the back of her other leg got so out of control that there was nothing they could do but amputate her lower leg. she was wanting the docs to tell her what to do but now a days they can't they go by your decision. i basically told her to get it off. the guilt was consuming. i still feel guilty now even though she's still alive and in 0 pain now. the morphine was dreadful. she hallucinated. didn't know we'd visited. on xmas day she was totally out of it. after the op the hospital overdosed her on opiates. her drip had opiates in it, even though it shouldn't, and they were giving her oral morphine and the patches still. she was sick, sweating. thought she was going to die.

i suppose what i'm saying is that no matter what we do as people we can't alter what has or will happen to others. if you eat nothing changes to if you stay on plan. emotionally it might fill a hole until we realise that the very thing that hurt our loved one (being overweight, having high blood pressure, diabetise) will affect us if we carry on eating.

i send you all the love that you need to get through this situation and hope that you are coping as best as you can with the love and support of all of your family at home and online.

I am so sorry for your loss I cant begin to know how you feel. Channelling your strength is remarkable. Stay strong and deal with each day at a time xx

sorry for your loss. really dont know what to say. all i know is this would have been the last thing on ur mind but well done to you for being able to stay positive through such a hard time. losing a parent is the worst thing that can happen. hugs x

Back