The most important 20 weeks of YOUR life. Do this with me.

I am losing weight fundraising for the Cats Protection where I volunteer, so far I have raised £175.

Wow, that's a great cause! I adopted a kitty from my local shelter about 6 weeks ago. She is still settling in, having had a horrible time before being rescued by the shelter :( Incidentally, she is still very skinny and needs feeding up...whilst I have the opposite problem! Don't worry about the WI, I'm sure next week will be better :)

I just finished a long day; I'm doing the Wendy Plan with my WW points allowance - today was daily allowance plus 18, which sounded great but was actually quite hard! I think tomorrow - daily plus 2 - may be worse!

To join in the getting-to-know-each-other theme, my name is Cat and I'm 31 and a university lecturer. I'm losing weight because I can't bear being this size anymore - I gained weight after being immobilised after spinal surgery (previously running regular half marathons) and then gained more and more weight whilst on steroids for over a year for rheumatoid arthritis. I'm still on steroids and still not very mobile so it's verrrrrrrrry slow going!

I can't wait for the weekend, I'm off to a birthday party :D

Hold on tight everyone, nearly the end of the week!

hiya!

Hi all,

am crazy busy trying to move house before september 1st, work,etc....but will weigh in on Sunday and see how everyone's doing!:)

2 quick things i realised though while in London!:
*This is 100% mental. It just really clicked with me when I stopped and really thought about it. What im saying is, if you eat a handful of bourbon biscuits, many would say you need to fix your diet. BUT, what you really need to address is why your mind was able to conciously decide that it was okay/beneficila to you to break your diet. That's the real issue. As i go through this, im going to make a massive effort to take care of the mental side of things. (self esteem, visualosation reaching my target, affirmations,etc....) Dont allow yourself to put all your energy/focus in following a precise or exact diet. Put that same effort inot getting your mind right and you'll automatically make the right food choices, without feeling deprived, and hopefully addressing some of the REAL reasons we are the weight we are.
*Also, im so proud that this thread is non stop positive and encouragement. :worthy:compared to most of the other thread in "Struggles and restarters", all of us are so positive and driven. Lets try and really keep that momentum up togetther, so when it really gets tough in week 4 or 5, we can come bqack here for inspiration or a confidence boost!

take care of yourselves, keep going! :happy096:

Wise words as ever Mayweather! I do fear that by doing a VLCD I'm not really facing my food demons and conquering them, more hiding away from them. But I suppose I'll have to cross that bridge when I begin maintaining and introducing foods back into my diet. I just hope that when I get to my goal weight that I'll love it so much there that the determination to stay at it will help me through that transition!!

Hope the move goes smoothly. I moved house in Nov for the first time. Never again!

F x

Hope the move goes smoothly Mayweather :) Having not long moved house I can appreciate the dedication needed to get everything sorted!

I also think you are definately right about needing to sort your head out! For me this is definately right, If I take care of my mind then the rest will follow.

Whilst I'm here I just wanted to say that yesterday I went to an aquacise class despite being petrified of a) wearing swimgear and b) exercising in classess/generally when its busy... AND I LOVED IT :)

Have a great day everyone x

Hi, I would really like to join in please,
I am wanting to lose 4 stone by the new year. I have had enough of being this size and not being as active as i would like cos of it.
My name is Kat I'm 33 with 3 kids and this is the last year that I want to be a fat blob, I lost over 2 stone last year and it has crept back on and then some, cos i thought i felt better about myself enough to stop dieting.
I started again last week but just weighed myself today and I am gutted that I had put on more weight than I was when i first started last year. I am trying to cut out bread and not eat much diary, and be more positive about it, for once I want to be happy in my own skin, which will be a first. I agree it's more mind over matter with me and the more positive i become the more better food choices i make.

I hope everyone has a good day

What a very positive thread :D
Please can I join, although my weigh in day is a Monday.
I'm 48. and work in IT Sales Hello to everyone x
I would like to lose 60 pounds by NYE then tackle the other 60 straight after..
This will help me stay focused :D:D

Small personal achievement today, went to buy some new jeans, tried on my usual size 18, fitted fine, then i thought "hmm they are a bit baggy, can I be bothered to try on a 16...?" so, I did and they fitted!! I barely squeezed into an 18 to begin with!! That's made my Friday! Yippeee!!

Happy Friday everyone, and welcome to the new members of the team :)

F x

Oooh can I join in if it's not too late?! I'll aim for 30lbs :)

For my Leavers' Ball (debs for the Irish folks) my mum bought a dress and then cut it open to put an extra panel in it because I was so big. Kinda funny now thinking about it (though satin isn't the best choice when it's stretched to within an inch of its life!). Maybe NYE will be better ;)

Welcome to all the new members, I know we can all do it!!!

Welcome to all the newbies :) And well done Ladyfi on the jeans achievement - excellent news!

Cat, what is the Wendy plan? I've done WW for years and never heard of it! I'm intrigued.

I read about it on another thread - in the WW section called "Weekly allowance" (I'm not allowed to post links yet!)

The idea is that if you load the weekly points on certain days and have very few on others then you can give your metabolism a kick. So you have your daily allowance, and then the weeklies are split:

Day 1 +2
Day 2 +8
Day 3 +3
Day 4 +18
Day 5 +2
Day 6 +9
Day 7 +7

I'm on day 7 now so will see at WI tomorrow whether it works or not :D I have to say, getting through more than 7 and coping with less than 5 extras was tricky!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

The Wendy plan sounds good, I look forward to hearing the results at your weigh in!

Having a bit of a tough day today, went out last night for a few drinks with my friends and as a result feel gross today and can't stomach any of my diet mealpaks :( So I've basically eaten rubbish today! Not huge amounts but I'm still feeling a bit let down about it, I know it's only one day but I hope it doesn't have a bad effect on my WI on tues!

Moan over. Back on it tomorrow!! Grrrr!!!

Hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend!!

F x

(((LadyFi))) I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Stay positive!

I have just done my WI (well, it is past midnight ;)) and I've lost 3lb this week, which is really encouraging as I STS last week.

One week down, 19 to go! :D Keep going everyone!

Weigh day!!!

I've lost 3lbs :) Huzzah! Happyface :) I've updated the list and I've also added your loss too Sapi Ketawa - Well done :)

Hope you're feeling better today Ladyfi - Don't be too hard on yourself, you're doing so well!

Evy_Starlight - (20lbs to lose - 20lbs to go)
gettingfitat50 - (11lbs to lose - 11lbs to go)
Katierose - (60lbs to lose - 60lbs to go)
honeybee1711 - (48lbs to lose - 48lbs to go)
LadyFi - (44lbs to lose - 40lbs to go)
lola0607 - (60lbs to lose - 60lbs to go)
Mayweather - (60lbs to lose - 60lbs to go)
polly_pepper - (30lbs to lose - 30lbs to go)
Rainstar - (60lbs to lose - 57lbs to go)
Redbox - (32lbs to lose - 32lbs to go)
Sapi_Ketawa - (60lbs to lose - 57lbs to go)
seasons- (56lbs to lose - 56lbs to go)
shazzamataz - (81lbs to lose - 81lbs to go)
1985 - (65lbs to lose - 65lbs to go)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone xx

Hey all, just thought I'd drop in to say WELL DONE :D for everyone's achievements this week. LadyFi, no worries okay? Now you just know what's likely to make you peckish, so you can prepare and avoid it next time. And like you've said, now you can just draw a line and get on with your diet. The only way is downwards on the scales from here! :D xx

Weigh in : 10 pounds off :D:D
Hope everyone else is doing well, Lady Fi dont worry every day is a new one x

gettingfitat50 - (11lbs to lose - 7 lbs to go)
Katierose - (50lbs to lose - 60lbs to go)
honeybee1711 - (48lbs to lose - 48lbs to go)

Well done gettingfitat50 and Katierose!

I lost 2 pounds which I'm pretty pleased with. I spent the weekend at a lovely hotel in Wales and have tried to make healthy choices when eating breakfast and meals out...so I wasn't sure what the reading would be today!

I'm off to the States tomorrow for almost two weeks so will be faced with even more temptations. Does anyone have any tips for managing weight loss whilst on holiday? I'll still check this online but won't have scales to do a weigh-in next Sunday.

I hope everyone is having a good start to the week.

gettingfitat50 - (11lbs to lose - 7 lbs to go)
Katierose - (50lbs to lose - 60lbs to go)
honeybee1711 - (48lbs to lose - 46lbs to go)

Back