The mysterious ketosis

LadyF

Can anyone tell me why after 7 days I'm still not in ketosis please? Have stuck to TS and am still really hungry most of the time.... Bought ketostix which are barely registering any ketosis. Are some people going to be more resistant than others? It just makes it so difficult to stick to especially when you read so many posts with great weight losses who seem to barely notice any hunger. I lost 4 pound this week (week one) :(

Comments welcome....

If the ketostix are registering even a light pink, this usually means you ARE in ketosis! :)

Not everyone gets the 'no hunger' benefit from it, & it's to be expected as you are on an extremely low calorie diet. You're body is naturally going to be hungry - but that doesn't mean you're not burning fat!

4lb is still a loss (I lost 3), it will all add up in time if you stick to it. There is no way you can't lose weight if you stay on this diet. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water & keep positive. :) x

Ketosis doesnt stop hunger - it helps, it makes it not so bad but it doesnt get rid of it totally

IF youve been 100% on TS then you WILL be in ketosis. Ignore the damn sticks, theyre notoriously unreliable and people get way too hung up on them

LadyF...Well done 4lbs is good..keep on as you are & your weight will go down & down...ive been using the sticks too, i was in ketosis..but they have now gone back to the pale pink colour & i know ive been 100%..but im losing weight so thats what counts!

My suggestion - stop looking for a pink stick! Look at what size pink dress or jeans or whatever will be yours when this diet works (and it will!). The stixs are a distraction, ketosis is inevitable. Hunger subsides eventually except when the appetite is stimulated by the sight or smell of food (best avoided if at all possible).
I am more and more convinced that all this is the head. We are built to withstand hunger but we have not had much practice at it. It gets easier for sure.
You control your thoughts so stop thinking about pink sticks and think about the fun your life will be when the weight has gone. That and drinking water always work for me. Good luck
GSQ

Getslimquick said:
My suggestion - stop looking for a pink stick! Look at what size pink dress or jeans or whatever will be yours when this diet works (and it will!). The stixs are a distraction, ketosis is inevitable. Hunger subsides eventually except when the appetite is stimulated by the sight or smell of food (best avoided if at all possible).
I am more and more convinced that all this is the head. We are built to withstand hunger but we have not had much practice at it. It gets easier for sure.
You control your thoughts so stop thinking about pink sticks and think about the fun your life will be when the weight has gone. That and drinking water always work for me. Good luck
GSQ

Totally agree :)

As I have already said once today
STEP AWAY FROM THE STICKS!!!!

I remember when i did lighter life that any shade of pink is ketosis. If its a dark colour of pink or purple it shows your just dehydrated xx

Back