The new addition.

Emma, we think that there probably were more kittens, though the mother cat didn't look pregnant this time like she has in the past. We have never once seen kittens from her in the 5 years our neighbours have had her. We think, we could be wrong, that her kittens are drowned when she has them. Spirit was lucky that she either had him here on our land or brought him here for us to raise.

He is doing fine and I will take more photos now that his eyes are fully open. He is a demanding, strong little monster and we love him. It will be so hard when the time comes for him to go to his new owner Maggie.

Omg your rehoming him your stronger than me i wouldn't be able to do it lol. I'm sure he'll have a lovely happy life though and its all down to you and your hubby :)

Omg your rehoming him your stronger than me i wouldn't be able to do it lol. I'm sure he'll have a lovely happy life though and its all down to you and your hubby :)

We have no choice foodjunkie. Unlike most of our other cats he hasn't grown up outside or learnt anything from his mum. Apart from one house cat our other 12 are all stable cats, even though they queue up on the kitchen windowsill for extra handouts. They are "streetwise or should I say dog-wise" This little scrap would be a doggies snack in no time.

Our one house cat lives above floor level on a kitchen unit ( only her little bit by the kitchen window) and enters and exits the house via the window otherwise she would have become dog fodder long ago.

Unfortunately when you have 7 dogs they become a pack and answer what is natural to them.

It is going to be very, very hard for us, I am in tears every time I think about it. We have put such a lot into him and spent so much time with him and he responds to us at all times. purrs like a little train.

With Maggie, his new owner, he will have the life of a prince and the company of 2 other cats.

It is because we want the best for him that he has to go.

Taking more photos today. Photos of his lovely little face now that his eyes are open.

Sometimes you just have to let them go to a home where they'll be well looked after. One of the kittens we rehomed was taken by a chap who runs a limousine hire service from a chateau. He was picked up in a Rolls Royce for goodness sake!!!!! It made me think of Oliver Twist - real rags to riches :D

Sometimes you just have to let them go to a home where they'll be well looked after. One of the kittens we rehomed was taken by a chap who runs a limousine hire service from a chateau. He was picked up in a Rolls Royce for goodness sake!!!!! It made me think of Oliver Twist - real rags to riches :D

:8855:
Lol - Sounds like the start to a Disney movie!!

Just a few quick photos.......more later when Paul is here to be another pair of hands......... he has grown so much.

spirit080710006.jpg

He loves his teddy.

spirit080710003.jpg

The hole in teddied neck is where Bucky, the kitty washer, decided that Teddy should be re-designed.

xxx

He has been really poorly.

This morning before we left for work I thought he wasn't himself. He seemed weaker and his eyes were not bright.

I worried and worried all morning. In the end we packed up at 1p.m. and got home as fast as we could. With me in tears and in a state of near panic.

He was half dead. He didn't even have the strength to open his eyes. We made him a bottle, which he struggled through, but he took it. We realised he hadn't pooed since yesterday morning so rang the vet. His little body was floppy but bless him he was trying so hard to purr. I asked her if she would do a kitty enema, she said yes but would have to charge us 60€ but she felt we could do it ourselves. Quite honestly she sounded as if she didn't want to go back and open up her clinic again and as far as I was concerned speed was of the essence. Paul rushed to the chemist to buy the one she recommended. We very, very carefully tried to insert the nozzle in his little botty it was too big so we transferred the stuff to a 3ml syringe and used that. It did the trick........phew.................... I have nursed him all afternoon, He has snuggled into my neck and fallen asleep purring. He is a lot brighter and has taken a full bottle of sugar and water.

I think another factor is that the room he is in is so hot. We have put a full size fan, one of the tall ones and also fixed right over his box a clip on desk fan. It has been over 40 degrees for the last two days.

He is fast asleep in his box now, cuddled up to his teddy. We are like demented parents checking him every 10 minutes.

He will go to the market with us tomorrow and to Valencia when I have my hossie appointment.. From now on, where we go he goes with us.

Paul has insisted that if we get him through this he is staying with us and that the dogs can be trained to accept him...........please God let him be o.k.

Aww hope he is ok hun and that the dogs accept him. You are the pack leader not them as long as he is secure when your not there he'll be fine x

Sue my lovely, you should start blogging about dear little Spirit - we're all hooked and bless you for giving him the best possible chance in life xxx

PHEW !!!!! He is so much better. The enema, the fans, the fluids all seem to have done the trick. He has regained his plump look ( the one are all trying to avoid) his eyes are bright and he has his strength back again. I have spent hours nursing him and all the dogs have had a good sniff, though I would not trust any of them.

We will set the alarm clock for during the night because I think it is important we get as much fluid into him as possible. Even if it means waking him.

He is adorable and I will do whatever it takes to keep him well and healthy. Thank goodness Paul is exactly the same as me.

oh my goodness i couldnt read the thread quick enough to find out if little spirit had survived.my heart nearly stopped i think

phew thank goodness he is on the mend.

They are our furry babies arent they.

makes me very sad to think the other wee kittens get drownded, what a wicked cruel world we live in!

keep up the good work, you and your hubby are stars, and so chuffed your thinking of keeping wee spirit.

come on spirt keep fighting:)

oh my goodness i couldnt read the thread quick enough to find out if little spirit had survived.my heart nearly stopped i think

phew thank goodness he is on the mend.

They are our furry babies arent they.

makes me very sad to think the other wee kittens get drownded, what a wicked cruel world we live in!

keep up the good work, you and your hubby are stars, and so chuffed your thinking of keeping wee spirit.

come on spirt keep fighting:)

They are our furry babes, so true. And yes it is cruel that there are people who can do something as barbaric as hold a kitten under water until it is dead. I can not begin to imagine doing it.

Yes we will keep him. Our doggies have a lot to learn.

We have decided not to go to work tomorrow. I have to be with him. The little monster has stolen my heart.

Like Emma, I couldn't read this thread quick enough. I am so glad it has a good outcome and that little Spirit is on the mend. Keep us all updated, we are so hooked and all want the little one to grow up to be a big, strong healthy cat.

Spirit is good this morning. He has had a good night, waking just once for a bottle at about 3a.m. and has had breakfast is showing an interest in his surroundings and is now focusing.

Ladies I am in love !!!!

Hi Kay.............. we have 2 black great danes,

a German pincher, they are the miniature
looking dobermans, not a min pin. She was dumped in the street at 6 months old when her owners went to live in Venezuela. Someone rang her breeder to tell her and the rest is history.

A Jack Russell. A get well gift when I was having chemo......... what happened to a bunch of grapes !!!

A miniature fox terrier ( 22 years old ) Another abandoned baby. We have had her since she was about a year old, she is a doll, deaf and daft now but the boss of all she surveys.

2 brothers whose mum was another abandoned baby that we took in. They were her thank you to us before she died.

One looks like a min pin and the others looks like a Skye terrier.

That is the roll call complete.

It feels really strange to be home this morning....strange but good. I could get used to this.

Thank you friends for all your interest and good wishes. It has meant a lot to me.

xxxxx

Glad he's feeling better. You must have your work cut out with all those dogs lol. I only have two and they can be a handful lol. I like you am animal mad. I have a labrador, a yorkie, three cats, 7 rabbits, an african grey, a senegal, a cockatiel and my son has 3 african snails sounds more when you write it down. I have also fostered a cat or two whilst they have had kittens in the past :) better than humans anyday.

This is my baby fillymum.

he weighs in at 13 stone, i also have a little cross called sydney. i have a 15 year old tiny little cat called Lucy, and guess who the boss is????

Lucy!!!

she puts the dogs in there place with a swift swipe of her paw and a hiss. so im sure bringing up wee spirt with your doggies would be no problem, just have to set a few ground rules with the lot of them lol.

so glad spirit is picking up. keep up the good work x

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 42
What animals nuts we are but I think that people who like animals and are kind to them are usually nice people. We do without stuff for ours. No big deal, they give so much in return.

Spirit is not out of the woods yet and I still get really scared if I think he is too hot/cold, thin/fat. Paul has just gone for a siesta in the spare bedroom and has Spirit under his chin which is where he likes to be.

He is purring and making nests with his little paws so I think he must be o.k.

Back