The new addition.

He died at 12.30 a.m. I can not describe how I feel. I can not stop crying. I think the floodgates have opened what with my bro going so unexpectedly just a month ago and now this.

The vet could do nothing for him. Apparently he had Fading Kitten Syndrome.

Somehow I find that hard to believe and feel so guilty wondering if it was something we did that killed him. One minute he was so well, strong, feeding and focusing and the next almost dead.

He was only with us 2 weeks but had managed to worm his way onto our hearts.

Sue, I'm so terribly terribly sorry. I have been following this thread with joy in my heart and your last post has floored me. I can't imagine how you must be feeling...So sorry for your awful losses. You sound like a wonderful person - warm, kind and caring. You shouldn't have to deal with this loss on top of your others...Hang in there honey,

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh Sue, I am so sorry. I have been following this thread daily to keep up with his progress and I am so sad that the little one has died. I think he wormed his way into everyone on this threads hearts too as we were all willing him on. Just remember this, you gave him such a fighting chance. You did everything you could possibly have done. Please do not feel guilty. You both were so devoted to little Spirit and although he only lived a short time, I know he felt loved by you both.
Sue, sending you a massive (((((((((((HUG))))))))))))

((((((SUE))))))

Bless you for all your efforts and devotion to spirit - you did everything you possibly could and must not recriminate.

I know how utterly devastated you must be, having lost my canine best friend very recently too. Our pets truly are our fur babies, no matter how long or short their time with us.

Take care hon, sending you lots of love xx

Awwww such a promising outlook....then for it to be taken away after all your hard work.....our cat had kittens 2 weeks ago today and we would be heartbroken if anything happened to any of them, they are so cute and worm themselves into your affection ...even the most hardened people who are not into cats melt.....

Just rememeber you gave that little mite a fighting chance, and he survived much longer than if you had not found him......and his few weeks were filled with love and affection.......xxxx

haven't been on for a while (various reasons) but have just read through this thread and am currently sat here in tears.

Sending you and hubby a huge hug:hug99:. I have always had animals and it is always heartbreaking when they go, no matter how long they have been with you, but you gave little spirit lots of love in his life, and it sounds as though he was very happy.

Not sure what else to say except best wishes to both of you.

my heart goes out to you and your hubby.

no one could have done anymore for little spirit than you both did.

its a sad loss and the wee soul is now at rainbow bridge happy and well.

be strong and be sure you did all you could

rip spirit

Thank you everyone.

I feel so lost without his feeds to do and not hearing him demanding food and attention. I miss his purrs and his little paws making nests on my flesh.

Silly isn't it but I keep breaking down in tears..... so does Paul.

He is buried under a palm tree at the bottom of the garden.

Oh my, poor you. Just remember all you did for him. Look after all your other animals and yourself as well as you did for Spirit. Big hugs!

Thank you everyone.

I feel so lost without his feeds to do and not hearing him demanding food and attention. I miss his purrs and his little paws making nests on my flesh.

Silly isn't it but I keep breaking down in tears..... so does Paul.

He is buried under a palm tree at the bottom of the garden.

For the 2 weeks that he was with you, you both gave him the best possible chance. Imagine if you hadn't heard him that rainy night, it doesn't bear thinking about xxx

Sue, you are a truly wonderful woman and Paul is an amazing man. You did all you could for Spirit, you know that. I doubt many would have done what you did.
He had a great couple of weeks which he otherwise wouldn't have had.
You are both amazing. Well done and sending you a huge hug for what you did. xxx

Thank you again.

I have been reading up about Fading Kitten Syndrome. It is responsible for the deaths of between 20% to 40% of all
kitten deaths.

Apparently none of them are safe from it until they reach 12 weeks old.

I read this and it fitted like a glove........

Coping with the Loss of a Kitten

Sometimes, no matter how hard we’ve worked to save a kitten, there is simply nothing we can do. Once you’ve raised a kitten from birth, whether due to a planned breeding, the rescue of a feral pregnant mom, or the discovery of an abandoned kitten on your doorstep, you come to love and bond with the little angel, and their loss will affect you deeply. Remember, though, that they could feel your love for them, and they know how much you cared and how hard you fought for them

It helps to share it.

Thanks !!

Oh I started reading this last night & just read the last few pages just now - I am so so sorry spirt has gone, that's so sad.

You & Paul have been amazing & have given that lil kitty a lovely 2 weeks.

It is totally understandable why you are breaking down, you have been playing a mother part for the last 2 weeks & have gotton very attatched.

So so sorry that things ended up this way x x x x

Thank you Claire. I still feel gutted and am still trying to come to terms with a strong little kitten, feeding well and so happy, just fading away like that, because he did just literally fade away.

Back