The new me :)

*angela*

Silver Member
Well....

After months of putting it off I finally decided to join Slimming World on 26th July 2011. I wanted to (and needed to) join a long time ago but was too concerned that as soon as I walked into the class it would be full of skinny minny's who would all stop and stare - silly i know.

A close friend of mine joined in February this year and when I saw her recently she looked fantastic, and was giving me lots of information about it so I decided to bite the bullet and just go for it.

The moment I walked into class i was instantly put at ease, there were half a dozen other new members and the existing members were so friendly and welcoming. As for my consultant, well I cant praise her enough really because she's so lovely and very approachable. When hearing all about the different plans it was hard to believe that a diet could be so easy and you could eat so much, now that ive been doing it for 2+half weeks i can honestly say I'm never hungry.

I definately feel - only after 2 weeks - that i've never been so positive about loosing weight, any diet before has always been seen as a chore, and therefore never lasted.

I'm 100% focused and will stick at this plan, I have a loving husband and a 22 month old little girl so I'm not only doing it for myself but for them as well.

So.... As and from today I thought it would be good to start a food diary :)

Friday 12th August 2011: -

Breakfast - Muller light with strawberry's; Green tea

Snack - Alpen Light Bar (HEXB)

Lunch - Beef chilli (Extra lean mince, spices, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic, passata) and 1/4 pouch Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice - 1.5 syns

Snack - An orange

Dinner - Steak, sw chips, mushrooms, lettuce, cherry tomato's; Peppercorn sauce - 3 syns with semi sk milk (HEXA) Diet Coke

Snack - Quavers - 4.5 syns

TOTAL SYNS - 9

Exercise - Two 20 minute walks

Last edited:
Saturday 13th August 2011: -

Breakfast - Grilled bacon, fried egg, cherry tomato's, mushrooms (all cooked with fry lite)

Dinner - Beef curry with half+half - my one meal a week that I don't count my syns

Exercise - 2 hour walk

Last edited:
Sunday 14th August 2011: -

Breakfast - Muller light with strawberries

Snack - Alpen Light Bar (HEXB)

Dinner - Sw burger+chips, lettuce, cherry tomato's, 1 tbsp light than light Mayo - 1 syn

Snack - Cadbury Light Moose - 3 syns, Quavers - 4.5 syns

TOTAL SYNS - 8.5

Exercise - 1 hour walk

Hi Angela, Good to see you have started up your own diary.. well done.. and well done on your loss so far.

Great that you found your class warm and friendly and that you are feeling 100%. Try not to let it get to you when the odd blip occurs as that is bound to happen sooner or later..al part of being human! .. :D Just be determined to get back on the wagon as soon as poss and put it behind you.

All th very best to you .... :)

Great stuff you've got here! Keep it up! :)

Liv xx

Thanks ladies :)

Monday 15th August 2011: -

Breakfast - Muller light with strawberries; bottled water

Lunch - Mushroom speed soup; bottled water

Snack - An orange, a banana, an Alpen light bar (HEXB); green tea

Dinner - Steak pieces, soy sauce, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic, noodles; diet coke

TOTAL SYNS - 0

Last edited:
Tuesday 16th August 2011: - WI day

Brunch - Muller light with strawberries

WI - -2lb

Dinner - Portabello mushrooms, Stilton cheese+breadcrumbs - approx 10 syns

TOTAL SYNS - 10

Exercise - 20 minute walk

Last edited:
Good luck!! x

Wednesday 17th August 2011: -

Breakfast - Muller light with strawberries and apple; bottled water

Snack - Alpen Light bar (HEXB)

Lunch - Steak pieces, soy sauce, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic, noodles

Snack - 2 apricots, an orange

Dinner - Pasta, mushrooms, onion, garlic, passata, fromage frais, artificial sweetner

Snack - Bottled sparkling water, 1 piece of Starbucks shortbread - 4 syns

TOTAL SYNS - 4

Last edited:
Thursday 18th August 2011: -

Breakfast - Muller light with apple and kiwi; bottled water

Lunch - Pasta, mushrooms, onion, garlic, passata, fromage frais, artificial sweetner; bottled water; Watermelon

Snack - An orange, pineapple; green tea

Exercise - Three 20 minute walks

Last edited:
WOW 8lbs is amazing!!! How did u do that? what did you change? i need an 8 pounder LOL x

WOW 8lbs is amazing!!! How did u do that? what did you change? i need an 8 pounder LOL x

Lol, what it was I had my TOTM this week and was convinced I would gain around 5lb when all I needed was half a pound off to get to my first half stone so I tried really hard all week - used very few syns and did lots of walking at the weekend, I walk to and from work during the week also.

I stepped on the scales at class though+couldnt believe how much I had lost, all I wanted was my half lb and I'd have been pleased so naturally I was totally over the moon :) gave me so much motivation which is something Ive never had before i joined sw and when trying to lose weight, with this one I really enjoy it :) xxx

Friday 19th August 2011: -

Breakfast - An orange, apple, kiwi, muller light; bottled water

Lunch - Baked potato, tuna, red onion, cucumber, tomato; bottled water

Snack - Alpen Bar (HEXB); 1 Jumbo Snack a Jack - 2 syns

Dinner - Steak, sw chips, mushrooms, mineral water ; Peppercorn sauce - 3 syns with semi sk milk (HEXA)

Snack - Quavers - 4.5 syns

TOTAL SYNS - 9.5

Exercise - 20 minute walk

Last edited:
Saturday 20th August 2011: -

Breakfast - 2 slices of 400g wholemeal toast (HEXB); sliced banana; low fat butter - 3 syns

Dinner - Beef curry with half+half - my one meal a week that I don't count my syns

Exercise - 2 hour walk

Last edited:
Sunday 21st August 2011: -

Brunch - Muller light yogurt

Dinner (Family meal at a restaurant) - Lasagne, chips, coleslaw, salad - god knows how many syns so im disgusted at myself :(

Exercise - 30 minute walk

Monday 22nd August 2011: -

Breakfast - An apple, muller light; bottled water

Lunch - Mushroom speed soup, 1 Ryvita Dark rye (HEXB); bottled water

Snack - 1 Ryvita Dark Rye (HEXB); green tea

Dinner - Batchelors Cheese+Broccoli Pasta n Sauce - 0.5 syns with 300ml semi skimmed milk (HEXA) plus 1 syn; mineral water

TOTAL SYNS - 1.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 23rd August 2011 - WI day: -

Breakfast - Apple, muller light

Lunch - 2 Ryvita Dark Rye (HEXB), 1 x 35g tub of Philadelphia light (HEXA), cherry tomato's, celery

WI - -2lb

Dinner - Portabello mushrooms, Stilton cheese+breadcrumbs - 15 syns

TOTAL SYNS - 15

Exercise - Two 20 minute walk

Last edited:
Wednesday 24th August: -

Breakfast - Grilled bacon, fried egg (using frylite), fried mushrooms (using frylite)

TOTAL SYNS - 0

Last edited:
Back