The 'New' Sunshine Group Thread, join us for fab support!!!!!

Hi JJ , Welcome back, glad your ok

Suzie- oh my god. how are you. just take it easy and make sure your looking after yourself.

Well my WI was last night and lost a little 2lb this week. a little disappointed as i ss+ for 4 days then ss the rest. never mind back on it again this week and i'm hoping for at least 4.

Well it won't be long to London now girlies..... has anyoone else booked their hotel or transport yet

Morning ladies!

Suzie - thank god you're OK - my hubby has left yesterday's newspaper open today for me to see when came downstairs and a girl aged 34 called Samantha Clowe who didn't want to be 'a fat bride' died doing Lighterlife after losing 3stone in 11 weeks; her fiance found her in their Leeds home. The coronors report ailed to find anything and she was fit and well when started it. Lighter life spokesperson stated she was still deemed clinically obese at time of death (really touching words-not). I wonder if it was the same kinda thing that happened to her?????????????????

I've been naughty and not been having enough water - it's not been anything other than carelessness though on my part as keep forgetting! That often starts headaches for me...

I tried on my big night out clothes last night (thi snight out is 2 weeks on Thursday) and I'm not sure if I've gonna be able to do it as they are still too tight but will try my best -I can't stop nibbling though!!!

JJ - hello sweetie weetie pie - glad you're still here!

Vickie love - did you dye your hair Cheryl colour in end? I'm hoping to have it done for my big night out! Ooooh I would love a Sarah Harding hair cut but having long hair for all my life - it's a little daring and may hold out til goal??

PP - hello babes - well done on your weight loss honey!!! That's fab - that's 2 miles of blood vessles gone too that supported it! I showed my friend that fat blob I got and she said but you do realise that the fat will be warm so will look like goose fat in a frying pan/ liquid and not solidified like that. I must have been sooooooo thick as never ever thought that before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So is that what cellulite is? Solidified fat under the skin and is that why you get it when bigger cos it's further away from the 'heat source' so not as warm????

Am I losing it??????????????????

Hello Megan and Margie - is it a lovely day out there where you are? It's fabulous in sunny Scarborough today blue skies and happy vibes!

Oh!!!!!!!!!!: Margie re IOM; what is the name of the cheapest ferry from is it Liverpool to you guys please? We may try and get over but can't find any web info on ferry prices/ operator?? Again it may be due to my frazzled grey matter x

Hoping today is good for you all - please fling the fat fairy this way please as need all the help I can muster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx

Paula well done on your loss - it's all in the right direction chick :) Keep drinking and hopefully next week you'll have another fab loss!
Claire that girl had an underlying heart condition and she could have dropped dead at any time with no warning. It's unfortunate she happened to be on a VLCD at the time but I'm sure most medics would agree that in this case her diet was not a contributing factor. The media are very quick to sensationalise stories like this but the fact that these diets go through years of testing before they are deemed safe (if used properly - Suzie!! ;)) and thousands of people do the diet with only minor side effects doesn't get the coverage the bad news stories do :(
I haven't dyed my hair yet, I don't know when to do it? It's my cousins 21st on Saturday and I had red hair for her 18th so it might be a bit deja vu looking back on the pics years from now and seeing it the same colour (albeit not the same body :() 3 years on? I dunno. Might do it for the hen night next week though....
I have my placement interview tomorrow and I am soooo nervous! Working in genetics is my dream job so doing a placement in one of the countries leading clinics will be amazing and I REALLY want this! Keep your fingers crossed for me girlies!

Forgot to say, Sarah mentioned the other day about posting stuff that helps on this diet, found this article which might be interesting to some of you.
Also, just out of curiosity, how many of you relate to this?
Have a great day girls x

Hi Vickie - yes I already do the first but definately relate to the latter and think it may be written for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you great luck in your adventure tomorrow; think calm postive and successful thoughts - and be yourself honey - you'll knock em dead!!!

Going to go now - it's lurvely but can't be ars** to bike about - so going to go shoppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! Woohoo (for a new doormat?: - not so wooo)

love ya xxx

Hello lufflies, thankyou for your kind words, and yes Vickie I consider myself told off lol! I'm being good now.....promise! xxxx

JJ, just notice your weight! Omigod darlin big well dones, you've beaten me lolol. So chuffed for you, next week woooohoooooo xxxx

Sarah sweetpea, love ya xxxx

Claire mwah xxxx

Polly (((hugs))) xxxx

Margie (((hugs))) xxxx

I'm trying so hard to raise the money to book the hotel....got so many things happening in next couple of months. As soon as I have it I will book it, promise xxxx cant wait, I'm not missing it for anything!!!!

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO quiet!!!! Come on you guys where are you - and Kim????????????? Where are you - what are you up to? x

I've nabbed Sarah's bugle !!! Where are you all? x

Good evening ladies.. I hope you don't mind but I may go on abit... firstly I am so glad to see you back posting JJ.. I hope your feeling better :) Suzie Suzie you gave me such a fright!! :eek: I hope your now feeling better.. Vickie.. good luck tomo on your placement interview!! wear your red ;)

Well done PollyP on your loss.. I need another month to get over my holiday but don't worry I'm coming :)

So... I went to see a new consultant on Tuesday.. I think he needed to learn a bedside manner.. he looked at me and said I do believe it will be four years for you to fully recover and thats supposing you do not have any major trauma.. lets say your Mum dying :eek::eek::eek: have you also considered who would look after you if you got very sick?? as your Mum is disabled.. I could barely speak and said I have no one.. those words echoed in my mind and I became upset.. I asked him to leave it and he moved on..

I walked out to the carpark in a daze.. I really felt god I do not have anyone.. I drove home and spent the evening being physically sick .. I decided that night I do not give a flying fig... he's right I am alone.. what the hells the point.. you know what I mean!! when the full self sabotage arrives..

So the full on binge began.. I won't go into detail but it was record breaking.. I was so ill yesterday but totally self inflicted. Last night I thought I would be saying goodbye and I would slink away quitely.

Tonight I went to cdc and I told her what I had done.. and that I was leaving as I felt what's the point no one ever looks at me anyway.. and I can't face another year of this... blah blah ...

she gave me a few days worth and I could go back and see her Monday.

I took them and left .. my plan was again to eat rubbish.. I went into the supermarket and got some dried fruit and water.. not the full on load of rubbish I had planned.

I came home and sat and thought about this week.. I thought of my friend who passed away.. of Kim's friend and just stuff.

I realised I had totally taken on board what the Doctor had said and allowed his statement to dictate the next four years of my life and I felt sad aand lonely.. so I needed my best friend FOOD.

My decision is to try again tomorrow and I will give it my best.. that's all I can do.. I'm not going to call it my restart now.. I'm just going to get on with it.. because I have you all .. my sunshine ladies x

DAMN RIGHT YOU HAVE US SARAH and you know what.....you are most definately coming to London Baby weekend no excuses......cos I want to give you the most HUMUNGOUS huggle.......I was in tears myself reading your post!!!

On the other side of it I DO know where you're coming from re; the binging.....my worst times seem to be just after WI. The other day I got into those tight jeans and sexy top and felt good.....Lance wouldn't even look up. I felt so 'what the hell is the point basketing bas*id.......' and ate loads, then thought ffs, Ive spent over £600 I've lost nearly 60lbs......if he aint gonna look at me someone else will ( ;) ) gave myself a hyperthetical slap and tried my damndest to get back into it.....ok yesterday I had a small lapse as I was still feeling scared by what happened Tuesday, but I'm starting to like what I see and will continue with the diet. Hey hun think how fab we're gonna look by November.....and looking at your pics you're smaller than me? Please don't give up babae and NEVER forget you have us. (Not quite the same but not far off!) Love ya sweetpea xxxxxx

Sarah lovely, first of all huge ((hugs)) I only wish they weren't sent via the interweb:(
Secondly I think your decision not to let what the doctor said rule your life is a positive thing to do when your head must be all over the place. People always rally when there is someone in need and I'm sure if you asked for the help it will be there.
Hope your stomach isn't too tender, make sure you keep drinking plenty of water.
You have lots of positive things to look forward to - going back to work and the social interaction I feel will be good for you. I'm sorry I can't really express what I want to say very eloquently - just know that is there is anything at all I can help you with I'monly a PM away. Take care honey pie X

lol @ fluffley xxxxx

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is like totally horrific Sarah?

I can't type for shock!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! As we are all here for you chicken lips... how dare he say that?????????????? I am not a violent person but I am tempted to drive down there and knock him out!!!

Sarah you are made of strong stuff my deario and hurrah and I echo Suzie & Vickie's comments: turn this nasty negative stuff into a positive honey pie - youahve lots of friends here and you obviously have alot of family that care for you too - Bast&&& doctor! I really get soooo amazed at how spiteful some people can be - I bet he didn't even think he was saying anything bad??... I went to that Mums and Tots group on Tuesday trying to look good and feel good cos I've lost a bit since they saw me before the school hols, my friends congratulated me on losing some and one lass from the nasty corner said patronisingly touching my arm 'you look fantastic - but there's a puddle by your son' and laughed turning away; you gotta try hard to blank it out and move on (and have a son that will use the loo and not forget LOL!!)

Some peeps are evil and I believe in Karma - try keep smiling honey xxx

Gonna have to go again - again I've miss the boat with everyone x

nighty nite :nightf:thanks Clairey.. he asked if I had family here in Devon, and I said no they all live away.. he seemed to be cross from the start.. I just could not understand some of his questions and I thought heck.. this is like being questioned like I'm on trial ... so the more nervous I got the more I became confused!! amazing really as confusion is a blooming symptom.. you would of thought he might know that.. I refuse to see him again !

p.s. shame your little one did not piddle on her !
did I say that.. ??? no xx

Last edited:
Good luck today Vickie - thinking of you toots!

I'm actually feeling quite sad and dispondent: - jigglypuff, Special K, Keeley, Marg, Meganrose, Merriefech/ Kim, Moonshine, Miss Unknown, Towergilly, JJ, Mel... where have they all gone??? x

Afternoon girlies and TFIF!
Sarah how you feeling today lovely? ((hugs))
Claire now you've pointed out how many people have gone and left us it's a bit worrying :eek: I've seen special K post in the main forums and AFAIK Keeley is still coming to London but where've the rest gone? I know it's quite easy to avoid this place when you're struggling but it's when you need it most! I've been off plan for almost a month now but if I hadn't kept checking in here then it could've been disastrous and I'd never be focused on getting back on (just 10 more days!! :))
The interview I didn't feel went brilliantly - they had 43 applicants for 14 posts so the odds aren't great but I was in and out really quickly. They were friendly enough and I gave it my best shot but I'm not optimistic :( If I don't get in I need to figure out if I want to wait another year to try again or go down to Middlesbrough......
I'm going to see a medium tonight and I've got my baby cousins 21st tomorrow so trying to focus on nice things now but feel really down in the dumps. Ho hum, there's plenty worse off than me though, just have to keep reminding myself of that! Lots of positive sunshiney vibes is what we all need! :character00238:

You are so right Vickywickiewoo...hey you went, you did - it's experience - in the interviewing game you can only do your best - they may have already lined up their favourites - and you could be in the running on that list hence the quick in and out! And you are brill at your weight loss - sorry been interrupted by stupid hubby asking me what I think to his halve lathered shaven look - revealing some crappy looking hairabove a lip - no way is he growing a moustache ; he's promptly gone off laughing to finish the job off....euwgh he looked horrid!

Well I;ve to face the meal out tonight - which I am dreading and in true cddb mad-try-and-work-it-out-cos-I-can't-styleee I'm eating!: just nibbling at this and that ALL DAY! Am therfore mad at myself and would love to stay in in my comfort zone and have my shakes - and keep on track!Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - think it is the fact of losing control makes me eat! Stupid eh?

Been walking all over Burton Agnes today with winkles and my parents and it was really gorg weather!!! Happy Days.

Won't be back on here I shouldn't think today - so will no doubt miss all the great goss again....aren't I a moody mare!!!

I have being lying like a guddun and telling my winkles it's an hour later than it actually is - TF for Sky+!!!! LOL!

Sending you all a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG hug - love ya ladies; later dudettes - shall we alll have a positive mantra card again on Sunday night? xxx

Hey all
Well sorry I haven't been around alot this week. I've been soooo busy at work and by the time I get in from work at 9pm i've had enough of everything.

still a little hacked off with the 2lb this week. I've really slowed down with the weight loss so I need to increase the excersize i think

Yes I was wondering the other day where everyone has gone to,
Keeley is definately coming to London, she's laptop is broken at the moment so she's limited to when she can come on line. only at work really.

Vickie- i'm sure you've done alot better than you thought with your interview. fingers crossed. hope the medium goes ok. let me know

Claire - enjoy your meal out thi evening.

I was suppose to be going upto Bridlington next week for a few days with my mum but due to mu mum counsin has passed away we aren't now. Oh well there is always another time

I'm working tomorrow and praying it goes quickly

Last thing for now.. My cdc is away after next wed so anyone fancy stepping upto the challenge of wearing the cdc cap and offering support. Claire did a fab job last time.

Polly P :) I am coming to london and I know Suzie is as well.. I just can't pay for it yet as I've been on hol and I've got a flippin electric bill to pay tomo.. but I shall put my pennies away :)

Hi Vickie love sorry you did not feel the interview went well I am sure you gave it your best shot. I agree with you Vickie.. I've got to get this done and dusted.. I can't do this for another year x

Now.. stern voice (lol) enjoy your evening Claire.. but you have to stop nibbling.. nibblers wear big knickers :8855:thats why I have not been able to go to m&s and buy a sexy little number :eek: but I know all we can do is try.. :)

I had a nice time today, Mum and I went to the local garden centre.. its so busy at the weekends so it was nice to have the place to ourselves.. on display was a miniture smoothie shake maker that crushes ice, so I bought it for my shakes.. what a great little thing, it makes them really creamy and with the ice, nice and cold. I'm trying anything at the moment to try and make them a bit different.

Have a nice evening ladies xx :)

hi ladies well have been let down tonight. all week i seemed a bit suspicious with the bars as i've been having one a day and feeing bloated and ill.
we got weighed tonight a day early and i've lost 2.2lbs eventho i've drank 3litres of water a day and 100%.

she did however say that i've lost 2st 2lb because i haven't been adding my ounces does anyone else do that?

andy lost 5.5lbs which i'm very proud of.

so its shakes all the way for me next week.

Back