The RD Chronicles - Bowing out for now

Have a great day and a great meet Debbie:D

So pleased for you that it didn't take long for the ketosis fairy to visit you!!:D I think it does make a difference if you've been low carbing in the lead up to SS and you're proof of that.

Looking forward to hearing all about today and everyone there.

Lacey xx

I 'survived' my birthday with just an extra bar to celebrate. I don't think that's going to have much of a negative impact on this weeks efforts.

It's the south coast meet over in Portsmouth today! Looking out of the window, it appears to be a lovely day weather-wise ... hope it stays that way! We're meeting at three but as I live a stone's throw away across the harbour, I don't need to leave until about 2pm. That'll give me time to pack some clothes, then change my mind and unpack them ... pack some others ... change my mind again and go back to the original ones!!

I'm a bit nervous but excited too ... I keep reminding myself that the people I'll be meeting (although we haven't met in person before) aren't really strangers.

Have a great day everyone!

Have a lovely time - and yes they are just friends you haven't met yet!

Hey Russian Dolll,

You did a fabulous job of organising the meet. You are a lovely person and you deserve so much happiness.

I loved your brooch. Don't you dare dismantle it! :D

I owe you a drink or two, missy! :)

LOVE and HUGS

CC xxxxxx

What a day yesterday!

It was the South Coast meet and we had arranged to gather at the foyer of the Holiday Inn, Gunwharf Quays Portsmouth at 3pm. I caught the ferry across the harbour at about 2.30, feelig very nervous as I hadn't met anyone who was attending this meet.

We'd said we would make name badges and I thought I'd have a bit of fun with mine so I used one of my Russiandolls from one of my sets and glued a pin on the back (hoping desperately that the others would 'get it').

I arrived at the hotel dead on time and took a deep breath as I walked into the foyer ... I was the only person there and spent a few minutes flicking through some tourist brochures to kill time and dampen the nerves. Suddenly, the door opened in an walked a tall, elegant woman follwed by a man. Both had bright pink name badges ... it was 'Eclipse' and 'Eclipse's hubby'.

She spotted the little Russiandoll on my coat straight away and we just hugged as if we'd known each other for years ... all nerves went at that point and I knew everything would be ok.

We went upstairs to the large bar area where some others were gathered and the wonderful business of introducing ourselves began. It was like a reunion of old friends (for those nervous of going to a meet - please don't be: it's a wonderful experience).

We chatted, we laughed, we told stories and passed photos around. There were touching moments and hilarious ones. Later on, we danced, strutted out stuff and were totally 'at one' with each other. I knew I was in the company of some very, very special people.

I'd like to take the opportunity here to make a few comments on each of my new friends.

Eclipse - Cheryl, you were the first person I met at the hotel and I was blown away by how elegant you are. Tall and willowy and always with a smile on your face. You are an absolute scream and had us all laughing with your observations and stories (remember the PGA Golf tale??) Ash is a sweetheart and you are perfectly suited - so at ease in each others company. You know how to enjoy life - get you boogying at the disco showing those teenagers a thing or two!! PS - Loved your cow socks!

Cah-ching - Gill - omg you are nothing short of stunning! Height, a fabulous hourglass figure and a smile that knocks your socks off - girl you got it all!! (Can't wait till that fab photo of you is posted!!) What really struck me though is your amazing depth of compassion. I'll never forget the reassuring hand on my leg when I retold a painful experience from my childhood - thank you. You are a stylish, wonderful woman who I was honoured to meet.

Pandora - Cheryl, I was struck by just how beautiful you are. The clearest of complexions and a smile to die for. You are the calm voice of reason and talk a lot of sense. I think I'd have stumbled yet again if your 'voice' hadn't rung out on the forums a while back and I can see now that your persona in real life is exactly the same as that on the forum ... there's no pretence there - you are REAL and genuine. Someone who can be trusted implicitly - that's worth a lot in this age of BS!
You changed completely in the evening from poised lady to diva! Loved your hair!
Looking forward to meeting you again some time.

FFnF - Jennie ... well, what can I say. Fab, fab, fab person. Bubbly, funny, and uber gorgeous. you're one of those people who is compelling to listen to .. you talk such sense and express it well.
I can't get over how I thought you were someone else in the evening ... I go away to get changed and get back to see Ms Glam sitting at a table! That top was gorgeous!!
And where did you learn to dance like that??
I just have to say 'watch out world' because when you get to goal ... wow!!

Biggirlsam - Sam, the only 'big' thing about you is your personality. At first, you seemed unsure but it was wonderful to see you blossom as the day and evening went on. And dragging me onto the dancefloor? Blimey you party animal!! lol. You lit up everywhere you went and I'm so, so glad we had the chance to meet. You're someoe I feel proud to call 'friend'.

LuckyMarge - Marge ... a true lady in every sense of the word. I was glad to be able to spend time in your company - you're easy to talk to, intelligent and share my love of English (and that's a definite bonus in my book! :) )
You kept me giggling all evening with your sharp wit and keen observation - and that sparkling smile is a real wow.

Lynjo - Lyn ... I'm so glad I had this opportunity to meet you. I was stunned by how well you've done: I could never have guessed you'd ever had a weight problem but your photos told the story. What an inspiration you are and anyone who has you as their CDC can count themselves as very lucky indeed. I LOVE your hair .. it really suits you and you look so flippin' young!! you didn't look out of place at all raving at the club (not like me, a mum at the school disco! lol). thanks for starting the ball rolling and getting us all together for the south coast meet - you're a diamond!

SnowyJ - Jaqueline ... Model looks twinned with a fab personality - wow! I wished I could have had more of a chance to chat more to you - maybe next time we can talk more. I'm glad to be doing the Mad March challenge with you - a great idea of yours and something that will help keep me on track.

I'm honoured to have spent time in the company of such wonderful, inspiring and BEAUTIFUL women.
And to anyone who is unsure about going to a meet .... do it!

I'll ditto everything Russian Doll has said about the girls ..... truly wonderful beings.

Love to all who read Russian Doll's post!

Thanks so much Debbie for giving us all a description of the day and everyone there.:)
It made me feel like I was there too and great to read all the descriptions about everyone. I agree with you when you say that anyone who is considering going to a meet should JUST GO.

I had a ball in Newcastle the first time and times since and am looking forward to future meets all over the country and in Ireland now as well!!
You're right, we are all truly special people.

Lacey :D

Well.. I am stunned.. lol.. actually, am sitting here with tears pricking my eyes.. Debbie... thank you for your kind words. I was so thrilled to meet you at last - you have been (and continue to be) such a huge inspiration to me.. your photos on here (whilst gorgeous) just don't do you justice. You are a smasher inside and out.. I felt very honoured to have met you. Your description of events was spot on.. I will (of course) submit an offering of my own at some time (heck - who knows when - it will be reams long!! lololol).. but it was a very very special weekend.. one I shall never forget and am already looking forward to repeating.. :D Thank you again for organising it all.. and,,. I also ditto all your comments about these fantastic ladies - there was a real sense of, well, family and friendship..

Wow Debs, what a lovely post. You described everyone so spot on - except "elegant" moi, elegant?:eek: Never mind, I will accept the compliment graciously:D

As for yourself hun, you are a wonderfully warm person who has had so much thrown at you in life, yet you have bounced back and emerged as a true doll (russian or otherwise).

It was fantastic to meet you, and everyone else. Your photos on here do NOT do you justice you are a very beautiful person, both inside and out.

Can't wait to get the photos sorted - will probably involve forwarding them to Pierce ;)

I am now looking into the possibility of the Birmingham meet. Just have to work out cost etc.

Hi Debbie, i'm just catching up with the posts of the weekend, i was just SOOOOOOOOO tired last night i didn't manage much !!!
thanks for that lovely description of me, i've never been described as beautiful, it made me have tears in my eyes :) :eek: :eek:
it was such a pleasure to meet you, you have been such an inspiration to me & i truly believe if it wasn't for you i wouldn't be on this journey now, you are,as i said to you, the reason i am doing CD & the reason i am a member of this site & for those reasons will be eternally grateful to you.
you are one of those wonderful people that doesn't allways say too much but when you do it really worth saying & listening to.
ilook forward to seeing you again in the near future
xx:)

DITTO

Well put Pandora!

Great to meet up with my namesake too hun. It was a really brill weekend tweren't it?:D

Jan 31st
It was a long day yesterday. We travelled to Plymouth to help daughter number 2 out with her car (daddy to the rescue!) It's about 3 1/2 hours each way so I was shattered by the end of the day.

The inconvenience of it meant I had two bars so consequently produced enough wind last night to power a small turbine :eek:

Today, I bit the bullet and made a start on researching the history of a building for my history assignment. So for quite a few hours I was up to my ears in medieval documents and historical records. I've chosen a pub (might just do some research within!! ;) ) I've mananged to get back as far as 1227 .... and it's quite interesting but hard work!!
It was so quiet in the records research room - and I mean QUIET. So why did my stomach choose THAT moment to start groaning, creaking and rumbling??
I didn't feel particularly hungry - my tummy was just being exceptionally noisy! I thought at one point I was going to be asked to leave as people near me kept looking up!

The diet is going OK ... although I know I'm not drinking as much water as I should be. I usually only manage 2 litres so could do better there.

Anyway - another day over, another day closer to my goal! :)

hi Debbie, gald you have had a good day, know what you mean about the bars, i'm sure they contributed to my demise at the begining of the week :rolleyes: :eek:
i'm so in awe of you taking up studying after so long away from it, it almost makes me want to do something !!
seriously if i knew what i wanted to study i would investigate it, had thought about that nutrition course Icemoose mentioned, just as a starter, as i havn't studyed for onks
xx:)

Hi Debbie

Your research sounds dead interesting (no pun intended) and I too used to study in pubs - nice and warm, not too distracting and loos and drinks.. lol.. great choice!

When I did my degree (as a very mature student) I found it so satisfying too - so I know what you are feeling and, from what you said at the weekend too, I know you are going to get such a buzz when you graduate :D

Chery - do it! Studying because you want to is SO much better than doing it coz someone else wants/expects you to :D

Well done for sticking to those bars.. I thought you were going to say that you , umm, did botty burps in there! lololol ;)

I thought you were going to say that you , umm, did botty burps in there! lololol ;)

Me too! I was convinced by the thread title that you had been f*rting in the library! *lol*

Glad you had such a brill time last weekend (I was SO tempted to pop by as I was only down t'road :rolleyes: ).

See you in Brum!! :)

Lots of love

Was fantastic to read about the Pompey meet. And just seen Jenni's photos and it looked like you all had a great time. Love the name badge idea!

Hi Debbie, you are a quiet little person today - are you OK?

How was the weigh in? Hope you have been out and about in thie lovely sunshine. We took Ozzie for a walk down the prom and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Love Barb xxxxxxx

Hi Debbie, you are a quiet little person today - are you OK?................

Yeah RD, as one quiet person to another (my posting has been awful this week) - are you doing okay?

Back