The RD Story: My ups and downs!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Wow
12lbs, what a great incentive to keep going :D

Well done :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

That is just fantastic, hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant loss - very well done!!!!

And thanks for your support!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 15th May

Thanks everyone!
I allowed myself a pot of low fat cottage cheese for dinner last night as a reward to myself for a week of restraint ....

... now I know we're not supposed to be 'rewarding' ourselves with food but I had a thought - We live in a culture where food is used in many situations including pleasure and reward. The problem for me isn't that I've used food in that way (everyone - even skinnies - do that) but that I don't know when to stop. My 'reward' goes on and on. I need to learn that, once I reach my goal, I can take pleasure in food without the guilt I normally associate with it - and to do that, I need to learn to enjoy it in moderation then STOP.

So I had my pot of cottage cheese, enjoyed every mouthful ... then I stopped.
No 'I've had cottage cheese so I might as well have a kit-kat',
No 'I've had cottage cheese and that isn't SSing so I might as well have some nuts'
and definitely no 'I've had cottage cheese and I have a whole week to make it up so I might as well have an ice-cream'

Today, I'm back on the CD packs and I hope a tiny lesson has sunk in. :)

Bring on week 2.

Well done Debbie!

12lbs. is a brill start and wonderful motivation for this week!

:party0038: :party0038:

Love Mini xxx

Tues 15th May

I'm not a happy bunny today. I miss hubby DESPERATELY and can't stand the thought of this 'working away from home through the week' lark being a permanent arrangement. We are just not cut out for this being apart routine :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't feel like doing anything (although there's a lot to do) - Uni is finished for the year and I'm bored, lonely and cheesed off. I haven't done any major damage to my diet but I feel like eating for England ... I won't (don't even have anything 'naughty' in to eat anyway) as I know it would make me feel even worse.

Sorry to moan - but I miss him :(

Tuesday 15th May

Thanks everyone!
I allowed myself a pot of low fat cottage cheese for dinner last night as a reward to myself for a week of restraint ....

... now I know we're not supposed to be 'rewarding' ourselves with food but I had a thought - We live in a culture where food is used in many situations including pleasure and reward. The problem for me isn't that I've used food in that way (everyone - even skinnies - do that) but that I don't know when to stop. My 'reward' goes on and on. I need to learn that, once I reach my goal, I can take pleasure in food without the guilt I normally associate with it - and to do that, I need to learn to enjoy it in moderation then STOP.

So I had my pot of cottage cheese, enjoyed every mouthful ... then I stopped.
No 'I've had cottage cheese so I might as well have a kit-kat',
No 'I've had cottage cheese and that isn't SSing so I might as well have some nuts'
and definitely no 'I've had cottage cheese and I have a whole week to make it up so I might as well have an ice-cream'

Today, I'm back on the CD packs and I hope a tiny lesson has sunk in. :)

Bring on week 2.

hello R-d. I haven't read all your new start diary yet but I will.
the above post was v well argued & it sounded like the sort of thing Karion would approve of.
if it works are you planning a similar treat after next weeks loss (assuming it'sa success again)?

Tues 15th May

I'm not a happy bunny today. I miss hubby DESPERATELY and can't stand the thought of this 'working away from home through the week' lark being a permanent arrangement. We are just not cut out for this being apart routine :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't feel like doing anything (although there's a lot to do) - Uni is finished for the year and I'm bored, lonely and cheesed off. I haven't done any major damage to my diet but I feel like eating for England ... I won't (don't even have anything 'naughty' in to eat anyway) as I know it would make me feel even worse.

Sorry to moan - but I miss him :(

It can seem a long gap from mon to fri can't it.
Cheer up...it may stop raining tomorrow

I've been really miserable today, moping about doing nothing (well, playing mahjonng on here and a couple of loads of laundry ...)

I have to pull myself together and start getting off my butt - sitting around isn't going to bring hubby home any quicker.
Tomorrow I'm off to Fort Brockhurst to do my P/T job as an Education volunteer for English Heritage then I've decided to go to the gym and make an appointment for my induction (been putting it off for weeks).

I've decided tomorrow is going to be a positive day!

Hi Debbie,
really pleased to see how well you are doing having slipped under the blanket of ketosis fairly easily (this time). If there is any spare blanket send it my way 'cos i'm finding it hard to get there at the mo.
i like the "tommorrow will be a possitive day" attitude, perhapse that is what i need to adopt
good luck & your half way thru the week to see hubby again :)
xx

Hope you have a good day, hun and best of luck with the gym - how brave are you? I can't face that - I'm just too shy (yeah, I know! ME! But tis true!) so you have my respect for taking the bull by the horns and going for it. Just don't overdo it whilst SSing, hun - as you know.

Just a thought, but it might help you get through the hubby-less days quicker if you view them as ME days, rather than US days. Do all the things that you wouldn't do if he was there, be selfish, laze around, jump about, shop, read in bed - whatever we women put aside when our men are beside us (or is it just me lol). Also, these are food-distraction-free days so make the most of them lol.

Take care, hun
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow

Hi Debbie - so glad you've got back on the proramme to finish things off! I've always read your post etc & glad that you've had such a great re-start!
I have been scuppered by recent thought tracks exactly the same as you - oh well I've eaten this so I might as well eat that, or I've buggered up to day so I might as well bugger up the rest of the week......... Sounds all too familiar!
Anyhow my best friend & I are both 3st overweight so we sneaked off & took photo's of each other in underwear then looked at the results!
Trust me - its enough to put you off conventional eating for life! So I weight in at 13st and she's 13st4lbs - roll on the next 8wks of SS (oh with a little aam in between of course).
Feeling really positive for you xxxxx

:) :D :) :D :) :D :)

Hi Debs

Hope you're still going strong. I know how miserable you feel with hubby being away. Ash used to be in the Merchant Navy until 3 years ago, and was away for 3 months at a time! It was dreadful, we both hated it as we are so close, and I felt as though I had lost a limb. Somehow we just got through it, and it was great when he came home - but again miserable when it came close to his time to go away. It was a case of switching off while he was away and making the most of it.

Friday will soon be here hun, and you will have some lovely quality time together.

In the meantime, keep up the good work with the dieting!

Luv n stuff x x x

OK - back and the result after week one is ....... <drum roll> .................. 12lb

That'll do nicely :D

(Just off to adjust my ticker)

Blimmin' 'eck Debs! Well done! :D WONDER WOMAN!

Hi Debs

Hope you're still going strong. I know how miserable you feel with hubby being away. Ash used to be in the Merchant Navy until 3 years ago, and was away for 3 months at a time! It was dreadful, we both hated it as we are so close, and I felt as though I had lost a limb. Somehow we just got through it, and it was great when he came home - but again miserable when it came close to his time to go away. It was a case of switching off while he was away and making the most of it.

Friday will soon be here hun, and you will have some lovely quality time together.

In the meantime, keep up the good work with the dieting!

Luv n stuff x x x

Having seen you and Ash, I can imagine how dreadful it must have been for you to be apart. I don't know how you coped!
I must sound like a wimp moaning about a week away at a time ... but me and Steve are such buddies that we'd happily be together 24/7.

CC - thanks for the encouragement: it means a lot. I was surprised to have done so well - after months of the numbers going UP on the scales, it's hard to believe they will go back down again, no matter how hard you diet!

The hard work starts here though ... the 'chip, chip, chip, bit. It's tedious but I know I have to start chipping! :)

Having seen you and Ash, I can imagine how dreadful it must have been for you to be apart. I don't know how you coped!
I must sound like a wimp moaning about a week away at a time ... but me and Steve are such buddies that we'd happily be together 24/7.

Nothing wimpish about it hun, if you are close (which you are) even a few hours apart can be harrowing.

CC - thanks for the encouragement: it means a lot. I was surprised to have done so well - after months of the numbers going UP on the scales, it's hard to believe they will go back down again, no matter how hard you diet!

So right, they will go back down again, especially since you've got rid of that depo thingy. Once your body adjusts, then you should start losing it fairly quicklly.

The hard work starts here though ... the 'chip, chip, chip, bit. It's tedious but I know I have to start chipping! :)

Its the chip, chip, chipping that will get you there. You are doing brilliantly Debs, just focus forward and you'll be fine!

Hi Mum, Well I thought I'd tell you about my stunt man impersonation last night!

I fell down the stairs, top to bottom, but I felt lighter so thats good! I didn't break anything although I have a massive carpet burn under my eye! Its stings! I know I'm an idiot!

Anyway, nearly Friday so all is good. Jon is home at midnight, he is on the plane right now!

Big Smiles and Hugs
Amy-V. xxx

Back