The RD Story: My ups and downs!

Hi Mum,

I'd love to have seen you covered in the milkshake!! Sorry!

Anyway I hope its going good! I have been a saint, I'm hoping that'll stay the same when Jon gets back and starts eating pizza!

My 3rd weigh in is on Monday so I'll let you know!

Oh and I did get round to starting my diary! Hopefully it'll help.

Keep going, I'm so proud of you for all that you have achieved so far!

Lots of Love, Smiles and Hugs,
Amy-V.
xxxx

Hi Amy!
Nice to see you posting: I'll check your diary out in a while :)

I'm really proud you've been sticking to CD: I know hard hard it must have been with all your Uni work - it's very easy to resort to 'finger foods' when you're up to your eyes in essays!

Sophie is fine - but paranoid about handbrakes now! She's written a full account of her terrible experience in her diary (full drama-queen version!) ... I expect you'll get to read it when you visit!

Both our weigh-ins are on Monday (my first) so good luck and, catch you later :)
Hugs
Mum xx

What a horrendous day:eek:

I am so glad your daughter is okay, suppose its a natural reaction to try and stop the thing rolling away but unfortunately we ain't superman and she didn't get hurt.

Still I hope writing it down gets it out of her mind it must have been so scary for all of you.

Glad you are all okay now and well done for stick to CD.

Lindax

Very glad your DD is okay and that you made up with hubby.

And a big pat on the back for not breaking your diet:patback:

Your a brill example for your Amy and it is great to see her doing so well.

Love Mini xxx

Congratulations on managing to stick to the diet despite all the horrible things that have happened.
Glad DD is fine
Irene xx

Sunday 13th May - Day 6

Yesterday was a nice day. A lazy morning to start then a trip to the little Amusement arcade at Lee-on-Solent with our 11 year old daughter.

It was fun playing pinball, the 2p push machine and then a game of pool.
We watched Eurovision in the evening and I had my first minor blip - I had an extra CD bar during the evening: nothing to go into a tailspin about but enough to push me out of ketosis this morning.

I'm really not stressed about it: I know it's a minor thing and I'll be 'seeing pink' again very shortly.
Hubby is loading his van as I speak ... he's away on a job up North until Friday and is leaving in a little while. We hate being apart - soppy dates, aren't we :eek:

I have my first 'new start' weigh in tomorrow at 5:30 and then the really hard work starts as I have to keep on chipping away week by week. I'm determined to keep myself busy with catching up on housework, organising my induction at the gym and doing some reading towards my next semester at Uni (don't want to start as unprepared as I was last year!). I'll have to be really strict with myself or I'll just end up watching a lot of Jeremy Kyle! :)

Hi Debbie

Haven't logged on to here for about 6 months - you have done so well. Medications are a pain - do I remember correctly that you too were/are diabetic?? If so, how is that going?
I would also like to encourage you and your husband in the times that he is working away from home. My husband and I are in our 36th year of marriage and have several times been apart due to work and it is no joke. In fact reading your account of how one row led to another brought back horrid memories!! Actually were not too well placed at the moment either - not because he is away but his mother died in February and we are living in the house which we now have to sell to split monies and we now have to find somewhere to live (h is 59) - so my stress levels are at a very high level so trying to deal with diabetes, ibs & weight - don't feel I really have a chance!! I don't know whether to log onto diabetic sites, ibs sites or weight sites!!!
It took me a while to find you on this site but now I have I don't know how I will find you again or even where this message will be posted!!
Have you gone back onto the Cambridge diet?

Glad I found you.
All the best.

Judith :wave_cry:

Hi Mummy!

No Eurovision would be complete with a full compliment of at least 2 cambridge bars! I substituted mine for clear jelly that was so full of flavour it bought tears to my eyes! Love it! Although a peanut bar in the freezer sure is a good plan.

I have decided that my favourite 2 cambridge products are: 1) Cranberry Crunch Bar - absolutely delicious and an amazing pick-me-up!
2) Banana Milkshake / Banana Angel Delight / Hot Banana Milkshake / anything made with banana powder! I LOVE IT!!

Anyway I'll stop rambling now. Fidget is buggingme - scrap that. I turned round to see what she was fussing about and she had bought me the BIGGEST beetle I think I have ever seen. Last week she bought me a big one but this one is massive!! I much prefer Millie's gifts; feathers! Lots and lots! I spend most of my day hiding them from her! If i chuck them in the garden she brings them in again, but I feel bad chucking them away!! Weird I know.

Anyway I'll stop rambling. Speak to you tomorrow. Good Luck, I'm sure you've done brilliant - as usual! BOFF!

Love you lots like big smiley cambridge Jelly Tots (made from nothing but water and magic!)

Amy-V
xxxxx

Thanks for the encouragement Amy ... Millie & Fidget's escapades had me chuckling!
If you ever consider putting a peanut bar in the freezer, take my advice and chop it into little cubes first: it comes out like granite (takes ages to get through ... good for that film night nibble!)

Hi Judith - nice to see you! Thanks for the kind words re hubby working away. It was bizzarre arguing when we had precious little time together - I suppose it was the pressure of KNOWING we had precious little time together before he went away again ... feelings just spilled over.

He's gone away again and won't be home til Friday. Last time he went, the central heating packed up - this time it's the microwave :( These appliances seem to 'know' when he goes away and take the opportunity to give up the ghost!

Over the weekend, he banged his hand when he was loading his van with air-con bottles ... it looked really swollen and I suggested a trip to A&E - of course, being a man, he refused saying it was 'just a bruise'.
He texted me this morning to say the pain was so bad he went to A&E in Doncaster to find he has split a bone in his hand and burst some cartilage - ouch! Don't like to say 'I told you so' but ...... :rolleyes:

In answer to your question about my diabetes: it's going really well and I haven't needed meds for over a year. Losing the weight has really brought the blood sugars down so if I was going to choose any ONE thing to focus on, it would be losing the weight because that ALSO brings stress levels down.
I know that being stressed makes someone like me eat - but then gaining weight adds to that stress so, for me, I HAVE to break that cycle. It's no good waiting until the stress has gone before I address the weight because there is ALWAYS a stressful situation waiting in the wings.

Anyway, enough rambling. My first 'new start' weigh in is at 5:30 so fingers crossed!

:scale: good luck at the weigh in :D

kaz :)

Hi RD, how's your diet going so far?

Lots of Luv

C-C xxx

Ohhhhh can't wait to see the results... they will be so worthwhile!!!

The suspense is killing me lol

OK - back and the result after week one is ....... <drum roll> .................. 12lb

That'll do nicely :D

(Just off to adjust my ticker)

OK - back and the result after week one is ....... <drum roll> .................. 12lb

That'll do nicely :D

(Just off to adjust my ticker)

WOOO HOOOO !!!! WELL DONE Debbie :D 12lbs is FAB !!!

keep up the great work !

Debz
xx

Nice one debbie, fab start x

Back