The RD Story: My ups and downs!

Hi RD

Seems like things are going well with diet even though your pining for hubby and cottage cheese:) and not forgetting heat!

Cottage cheese is a strange thing!!! I didn't think I liked it before CD, but like you I love it now and have to force myself to eat some of the different protein groups:confused:

Tracey
x

Well done Debbie on getting day 2 under your belt!

Also it is fantastic to hear you have one year at Uni done as well. Where did the time go:eek:

When you put your mind to do something you have shown you can do it. You have achieved so much already.

I know you will finish this diet and get to goal.

Love Mini xxx

Also it is fantastic to hear you have one year at Uni done as well. Where did the time go:eek:

I know Mini .... only seems like yesterday I was applying for Uni and hoping I'd get the grades at college to get me in!

And it only seems five minutes ago I walked through the gates of the University as a 'Fresher'! Time really does fly!

Fri May 11th

It's the start of day 4 and things are going fine at the moment. I was over the moon this morning when I did a ketostix test and am 'in the pink'! yayyy - it's all burn, burn, burn from here :)

I had a nice surprise yesterday when hubby came home a day early - apart from the fact it was great to have him back, he fixed the heating and I am now defrosting quite nicely :D

The only down side yesterday came when I went to meet an old friend for coffee .... it was raining so I fished out my M&S raincoat which a friend gave to me last year. A few months ago it was hanging off me and virtually unwearable - yesterday I struggled to do the bottom button up :( Oh well ... a few more weeks and I'm sure it'll do up easily.

Onwards and downwards.

Fri May 11th

It's the start of day 4 and things are going fine at the moment. I was over the moon this morning when I did a ketostix test and am 'in the pink'! yayyy - it's all burn, burn, burn from here :)

I had a nice surprise yesterday when hubby came home a day early - apart from the fact it was great to have him back, he fixed the heating and I am now defrosting quite nicely :D

The only down side yesterday came when I went to meet an old friend for coffee .... it was raining so I fished out my M&S raincoat which a friend gave to me last year. A few months ago it was hanging off me and virtually unwearable - yesterday I struggled to do the bottom button up :( Oh well ... a few more weeks and I'm sure it'll do up easily.

Onwards and downwards.

Well done Debbie... you are doing fab!!!! I actually think I remember you writing about your friend that gave ya the raincoat... it will defo be grand on ya in no time!!

Keep going and you will get there

love

Yay us at getting to day 4!!!

There's no way the K fairy has visited me yet - aargh!!! Prob cos I've been having 4 packs a day - doh! But better that than diving into the fridge, hey?

You go, girl!

xxxx

Well done RD, and never mind the rain coat, you are doing something about it and thats what counts.

Brill to be in the pink already, just shows what grit and determination you have x

Well done Debbie! Ketosis definitely helps give the diet a kick up the ar$e! Keep at it hun!

Great that hubby's home a day early, and a bonus on the fixed heating too!!!

Have a great weekend x x x

Sat 12th May

Start of another day - and I hope it's a lot better than yesterday!
Things started off OK yesterday ... hubby had been away and came home on Thursday, a day early - great!
But on Friday morning we had a huge row (won't elaborate on the reason why). Things calmed down a little but were simmering so we thought we'd go out and get away from the house.

But rather than make things better, we just ended up having ANOTHER row in the car. It was awful (believe me, you will be hard pressed to find a more loving couple than us - this sort of thing is totally uncharacteristic of us). I just wanted to eat and eat ... luckily I didn't.

Later, when we'd calmed down again, we went to the shops with our 11 year old daughter in hubby's new van because it has three seats and she wanted a ride.

We went to Sainsbury's where she asked if she could stay in the van and listen to the radio. Well, as she's 11 and sensible and as we were only going to buy some sugar and tuna, we agreed.

Five minutes in the shop and she suddenly came running up to us very distraught and in floods of tears. Turns out that hubby had put on the van's handbrake but the brake on this model needed pulling up a few more notches than he realised ... consequently our DD was sitting there and the van started rolling backwards as it was parked on a camber: it went quite fast in a complete arc across the car-park.

She screamed and leapt out of the van and ... this is the scary bit ... she ran behind it and tried to stop it by pushing against it. JEEEZ it's a big van and she's a slim wee thing: she could have been flattened!!

Luckily, it had almost come to a stop when she ran behind it - and four men came running over to help her by the time it had come to a complete stop. When hubby ran out, they were still there and the van was facing the opposite direction to where he parked it. We both felt awful but you just don't forsee something like that happening.

Anyway - glad when the day was over. The most incredible thing is that I managed to stay on track with the diet: how, I have no idea. Every fibre of my body just wanted to eat til I was sick.

We're taking DD to a little amusement arcade near us this afternoon - a bit of quality time to make up for yesterday. Hubby is working away again next week - he'll be up North til Friday ... this is a new job and it involves a LOT of working away from home. We're gutted about it but the bills have to be paid. I'm just glad we've made up before he leaves.

Anyway - a new day: let's hope it's better than yesterday (can't be a lot worse!)

Oh bless you!!!!

What a horrid day!! I can so understand why you wanted to eat - I would have done too!

You must be feeling so relieved that your little girl is ok. Kids, huh! I'm sure they only do these things to raise our blood pressure! Sheesh! Thank goodness she's ok!!!!

Men - well, I've had to bit my tongue a million times over the last 4 days to stop myself from biting Eric's head right off!

Ho hum!

Still - you managed to stay on track and that's fantastic!!! YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww bless her she must have been scared.......so pleased there were no accidents. Have a great day at the arcade.

Hiya Debs,

I can't believe it's been a year since you started Uni!!:eek: I remember how excited and nervous you were just before you started:)

Well done you!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh Irene,
what a terrible thing to happen, glad dd was ok, and that you've made up with hubby :D

Have a lovely afternoon and well done for staying on track :)

will be back later to read the rest of your diary - havnt read the other pages yet lol

Have fun!
love
geri
x

Keep Going Mum!!!

Hi Mum,

I'd love to have seen you covered in the milkshake!! Sorry!

Anyway I hope its going good! I have been a saint, I'm hoping that'll stay the same when Jon gets back and starts eating pizza!

My 3rd weigh in is on Monday so I'll let you know!

Oh and I did get round to starting my diary! Hopefully it'll help.

Keep going, I'm so proud of you for all that you have achieved so far!

Lots of Love, Smiles and Hugs,
Amy-V.
xxxx

Oh and the thing about Soph! Although it must have been quite scarey - I would love to have seen her trying to push the van! Good Effort!!

She'll be fine, something to tell her mates!

Love 'n' hugs.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Nasty day hu, please dont dwell, thats something I would do and its destructive. Past is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.

Bluddy well done for not caving in x

Great to see your daughter here too!

Hey RD..... Well done for staying on track through such a stressfull day... me thinks you are in the zone :D :D :D

Hope today is going good for you

love

RD,

What a day!
What reslience on your part!

I'm so pleased your DD is is safe and well.

Keep on fighting the fat fight.

(((hugs)))

C-C xx

Back