The RD Story: My ups and downs!

Good luck for your first up day RD! Enjoy!!

Hi Sonkie
I started the JUDDD diet today and so far, so good (mind you, day 1 on ANY diet is pretty easy!).

Good luck on your move over to CD ... you'll love all the new flavours :) . Shame you missed Amy - not sure when her appointment is.

This diet seems to bridge the gap between PMK and CD ... 'eat without guilt' within a structured framework - could this be the system that will work for me??

I really hope this works for you - for so many reasons!! Good luck and watching your progress with interest. :)

Hi RD,

I hope you are feeling UP today! Isn't it great, we are already on our way and we seem to have attracted a few others too - brilliant! I slept ok, woke hungry at 5am but went back to sleep. Looking forward to a day of just eating normally. Remember you must not restrict yourself, this only works if you undereat drastically one day and eat normally the next! It's a job to get your head round isn't it. I find myself automatically thinking 'I'm on a diet, must not eat much', a mindset I need to lose if this is going to work.

Anyway, have a good day, Love

UP - May 22nd: Day 2

Morning Barb. Well, I started the day with a bowl of porrige ... typically, my microwave has given up the ghost just as I start to eat 'proper' food so I had to make it the old-fashioned way - on the cooker!

(Strange how we become so dependant on something: my 19 year old daughter asked me if it was 'ok to heat milk up' in a saucepan on the cooker ... I said it was ok to heat milk up on a pile of sticks in the garden as long as there was a flame ... modern society eh?)

I made the porrige with a cup of oats (made sure it was a cup - not a mug), a small handful of mixed fruit and nuts and two cups of water. It made a generous bowlful; in fact I might make it with 3/4 of a cup next time as a bit less would have sufficed.

I'm hoping to go to the gym this morning: I can have a bit more of a vigourous work-out than I would if I was on sole source as I now have fuel to burn. I don't relish the red, sweaty face (not a good look) but it's all in a good cause eh?

More later ...

wanted to wish you good luck on your new plan Debbie, it sounds interesting & i shall be watching with interest to see how you get along.
i understand totally what you mean about your body just not being able to SS any longer, i'm down to my last stone now so giving it my best for the last bit.
xx:)

Hi Cheryl
Thanks for the encouragement. You've done so well on CD that it would seem a shame not to give it that last little push to goal.
I really should've taken it in a single run because once I started messing around, the 'Golden Time' was lost and I haven't been able to SS successfully since.

To be perfectly honest, my downfall was the AAM week ... I sole sourced for six months straight with no AAM and without a blip and then decided to 'give AAM a go' ... it was evident then that I was an 'all or nothing' type of person - I just couldn't seem to get my head around SS again after that. I still lost a bit of weight but not at the same rate as I was constantly nibbling bits and pieces.

Of course, the Depo Provera jab in Feb threw things completely out of kilter, creating as it did, huge hormonal mood swings and a constant raging hunger. There's nothing quite like regaining 3st in 3 months to make you feel like a complete failure and get you down in the dumps!

Anyway - that's behind me now and Im hoping to make a clean sweep with this 'new Judders broom' ... perhaps a whole new approach is what I need to get rid of the diet fatigue that has obviously set in. Time will tell ... :)

Hey RD. How's it going? I am quite intrigued too by this JUDDD thing and will watch with interest.

I completely agree that sometimes our bodies just say "enough is enough" and that's it! Perhaps this new system is the way forward for you hun.

I shall watch, wait and read with anticipation.

Hiya RD

The Juddd diet sounds very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing how all you Juddders get on.

All the best, I hope it works for you
x

I'm posting at silly O' clock because I just watched a scary film on the tellybox and I'm too rattled to sleep! :eek:

My UP day went well. I've already posted what I had for breakfast (porrige) ... Lunch was a small tin of tuna with 2 dark rye Ryvita biscuits and a salad followed by a pear (I forgot how good fruit tastes!)

Mid afternoon I had a CD peanut bar and a coffee.

Dinner was a chicken breast and mixed peppers braised in a lemon sauce, served with Broccoli, mixed veg and 5 Jersey new potatoes .... and I even had a little dollop (about half a teaspoon) of Utterly Butterly scraped on them.:p

I had a CD choc mint mousse for dessert and then later I had another coffee and a Freddo frog (a 15p choccie frog!)

So all-in-all a very foodie day although not a gluttonous one. I didn't count cals but just tried to remain 'aware' of not going too mad.
I've even got another Freddo in the fridge for another day ... normally I'd have pigged that by now.

So it's back to a DOWN day tomorrow - no problemo! Just three strict meals: I can do that :)

Sheesh I hope this works because I'm loving it!!

debby just wanted to say good luck with the judd
sounds like the rightr diet for you

p.s i love them freddos just enough to satisfy yummmmy

kaz xx

Glad you sound like you're feeling in control, Debbie! That's fab!

I think I had an up day yesterday without actually being a JUDDER lol - best make up for it today, hey?! lol

xxxxx

DOWN - Weds May 23rd

Just had a 'Walnut Toffeechino' for breakfast and thought I'd quickly post before I head off to my Wednesday job at Fort Brockhurst.

I couldn't resist jumping on the scales this morning - after all, I've just had an 'up' day and wanted to see how my body is reacting to the first full round of this new routine. Now, I feel I should whisper this as I don't want to jinx anything .... but I'm 5lb down!! :D

I'm trying not to be a scale jumper but it's hard not to keep tabs when you're trying something new isn't it. I'm fully expecting fluctuations on this diet but hopefully it'll show a positive result on monday.

:wow: 5lbs
that`s great
will have to read about this judder
haven`t got a clue what it is

doing great debbie
:party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049:

OMG - that is fantastic. I am too hopping on the scales even though I know I shouldn't. Yesterday I was 2.5lbs down, today, having had a very UP day ( including a chinese meal out and wine etc.) I am still 2lbs down. Todays a DD and I am so up for it. I feel great. 5lbs Deb, can you believe it? This is going to work. I am so chuffed for you and me and all the other JUDDDERS!

Love Barb xxx

OK - the end of my DOWN day and it's gone easy peasy. Just a normal SS day but all the more tolerable because I know that tomorrow I'm eating.

I haven't felt particualrly hungry although this diet doesn't work using ketosis: it was no worse than any 'day 1' on sole source ... and as most of you know, it's days 2 and 3 that are the toughies on SS.

I plan on another visit to the gym tomorrow - much as I hate sweating, sweat I must!
I went for a lovely walk along the Bay a bit earlier with kids and dog ... the Solent was buzzing with dozens of yachts, freighters, ferries and everything else you can think of that floats! It was a real tonic for the soul!

Hubby is away all week again and although I'm missing him as much as usual, it's a little easier to bear because I don't feel doubly miserable because of my diet.
I'll find solace in a Freddo frog choccie tomorrow night :D

Bring on the UP day!! Yayyy :)

Back