The RD Story: My ups and downs!

Well done on your loss RD! :D

I only 'discovered' JUDDDering on here yesterday (yeah, I know .. I've always been slow *lol*) - and, when I read up on it, realised I seem to have been doing something similar for pretty much the last 6 months since I got to target!

I've been calling it "easy on/easy off" .. in other words, if you put weight on easily, then it comes off just as quickly - and then you can lose a bit more just by having another 'frugal' day (another one of my terms *lol*). At least that's been my experience to date :rolleyes:

It does seem to me an entirely sensible way to control/lose weight as none of us can be on diets indefinitely. We'd go complely nuts I think!! :eek:

Good luck with your JUDDDering, honey - I'll be keeping my beady eye on you ;)

Lots of love

Thanks Sharon. You're right - it all seems to make sense once you look at it. JUDDering isn't carte blanche to 'binge' and make up for it on DDs ... but I have to confess that's what I was doing when I was SSing badly.

Once you realise it doesn't have to be 'all or nothing' and that there's a mid-way, the road ahead doesn't seem so grim. I remember saying to Steve, "I wish I was like you and just didn't have to think about food all the time and every morsel I put into my mouth". Now, with JUDD I can have that feeling on alternate days whilst staying within a structure I can live with. I NEED structure - I'm not one of life's natural PMKers I'm afraid!

And amazingly, now that I don't have to obsess about food and weigh everything, it feels like a great dark cloud has lifted. As for the DDs, I stick to my three CD packs and there's nothing to fret about then either. No counting, preparing, worrying - it's the perfect balance for me!

Long may it continue :)

Hi RD,

I'm glad yo've found something that suits YOU.

Keep on keeping on.

C C xxxx

That's the key isn't it CC ... we're all individuals and what works for one might not work for another. When if comes to diets, one size does NOT fit all!

If a certain plan isn't working, that doesn't make us failures ... it just means that plan doesn't fit us. By trying differnt things out, we stand a better chance of stumbling across the plan that DOES fit.

So far, this plan fits ... only time will tell if I outgrow it ;)

When if comes to diets, one size does NOT fit all!

So far, this plan fits ... only time will tell if I outgrow it ;)

Yahey! So true!! :D

And I don't think you will outgrow it ... only outshrink it ;)

well done Rd
sounds like your doing well on this regime
keep up the good work
kaz x

well done onyour 3lb loss.
hope you keep feeling optimistc & JuDDERing gets 2nd nature for you

UD - Tues May 29th

Had a good DD yesterday - no problemo. Today has started well ... wasn't in the mood for my usual porrige so I had a CD toffee and walnut shake, hot with a tsp of coffee and a tsp of psyllium husks ... I call it 'Walnut toffeechino' and it's yum! I had it with two jumbo chocolate snack-a-jack rice cakes ... I defy ANYONE to have a walnut toffeechino and THREE snack-a-jacks! Blimey - no room for anything else! All for a measly 240 cals. I know, I know ... I shouldn't be calorie counting on my UDs but you can't help it when you know the cal content of each 'unit' - it's there emblazoned on the packet!

I've just had a pear - and had to change my top as it was so juicy! I need to start using a bib!!
I'm just about to take the ferry across to Portsmouth with a big bunch of kids (mine plus nieces / nephews). I'll drop some of them off at the Pyramids swimming pool at Southsea and walk back along Southsea front to the ferry again with the others. I'll be taking the pooch with me - it'll be a lovely walk!

I've got a CD bar with me in case there's nothing I fancy for lunch but there's a fantastic fruit stall on the front and I suspect I'll be having something yummy from that.

Catch you later :)

You sound so good RD, it's really great. Good you are all out and about today as the forecast for tomorrow is a bit grim! Your pooch sounds gorgeous, I'm a sucker for little cuddly dogs!

DD going ok so far, hope your UD is enjoyable!

Catch up later, love

It's been a lovely day and I'm absolutely POOPED!!

I took 7 kids of various ages by ferry then bus to the Pyramids swimming pool in Southsea and dropped 4 of them off. Then myself, the remaining three and my little dog walked back to the Gosport ferry via Southsea sea front and (tiny) funfair. The sun was shining, the sea was glistening and, as always, the Solent was buzzing with every conceivable floating vessel ... hovercraft, cargo ships, ferries, yachts etc - fantastic!

We stopped for lunch on Southsea common. I had two Tuc cheese biscuits (in those little snack packs), a pear, an apple and some hawaiian mix. Overdid the Hawaiian mix a bit and had a stomach ache later - silly moo!

Walked through historic Old Portsmouth back to the ferry then along the marina on the Gosport side back to the car. Phew!

Tonight, I didn't feel like a hot meal so I've had a big pot of cottage cheese, a mixed salad and 2 ryvita biscuits ... and there's a small bag of Cadbury's buttons in the fridge with MY name on them to have with a cup of coffee in a little while. Heaven!

Happiness is ... JUDDDERING! :party0049:

Big hug to all my JUDDD buddies (does that make you JUDDIES?) :grouphugg:

Hi RD

Glad you've had a good if tiring day.

Juddies, I like it!

Dizzy x

Sounds like a good day RD, you must have burnt a fair few cals with all that walking, well done. I had a good DD, hungry but ok, saved my ice cream for the evening and that really did the trick!
Like the idea of being Juddies, sounds fun, which it is! Love this Judddering, it is just so inspiring, we can do it, we can do it!!!!!! Hurray!

Love

Morning Barb and all my Juddy Buddies

Seems to be quite infectious too Barb - I've never seen a diet cause quite the stir that this has.

I weighed myself this morning - not in an obsessive way but in a 'curious' way - and was 1lb up. But that's after a 2lb drop yesterday after my DD on Monday - so overall another 1lb down so far. It's looking good for at least a 2lb loss by Monday.

I'm on a DD today and feel fine about it. Still got the memories of yummy grub from yesterday and the promise of more tomorrow. I'm not a foodie really! ;)

I'm feeling NORMAL!! I'm a human - I EAT and I ENJOY it!

Happy JUDDERING everyone!

Yayyyyyy, normal, that's the ticket! You are allowed to enjoy food, you are in control, you are losing weight!!!!!
It doesn't get any better than that!
I feel a steady 2lb a week would be great, I know we all want more and we want it now but we have to fight those feelings. This is long term, permanent success we are looking at and we have to stick with it. Which because it is so do-able we can. Brilliant !!

Just caught up with the last few days.
you sound so happy on this.
i think Juddy buddies is a great name.
do you feel that this rhythm is going to become more natural as time goes on ?

Hi Jane
I think it'll become more natural as time goes on: I'm already feeling a little more relaxed around food (but still 'aware' - I don't eat anything and everything oln a UD). Having said that, today was supposed to be a DD and right at the end I went a bit mad and had stuff I wasn't supposed to (a pink & white marshmallow biscuit and two mini bags of chocolate gems). For some reason it's given me the mother of all stomach aches - serves me right - and is why I'm posting at almost 2am!
I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over it ... what's done is done (wish it could be undone though - I'm in agony!)

I just heard a short while ago that my ex-mother-in-law is very ill in hospital and not expected to last the rest of the week.
I got on very well with her and continued to visit her after my split from hubby number one with my girls until about a year or so ago when her overpowering daughter persuaded her to sell her house and move in with her (the proceeds of my MIL's house was spent on tarting up my SIL's house - cheeky mare!) ... three months later she had her mother shifted into an old people's home and I that's when I lost touch.

My daughters are travelling to Kent tomorrow to visit their grandmother for what is likely to be the last time.
I'm not using this as an excuse to eat what I did today - I actually don't think it was anything to do with it: I think I was tired, complacent and simply 'wanted it'. Pathetic but there it is.

However, instead of binging even more tomorrow on my UD, I'll just take it easy and eat extra healthily.
It might mean only a 1lb loss this week but if that's the case, so be it.

Sorry to hear about the ExMIL.

great attitude on the diet.
Q if Y'day had been a disaster rather than just a bit naughty at night can you claw back by having today as a DD instead , then back to UD tomorrow?
I mean how flexible is it?

Back