The RD Story: My ups and downs!

Hi RD

Glad you are so calm and content and looking forward to an UpDay tomorrow. I feel the same and am looking forward to my DownDay tomorrow too. Strange isn't it how we seem to always look forward to the next day on this diet. Will it last?

Dizzy x

I think it's a case of 'ALL CHANGE' before despair or boredom sets in Dizzy! :)

You are right Debbie, it is easy to look forward to the next day because they are always different now. I have had a good day and am really looking forward to tomorrow, this is such an amazing thing, normally by now the euphoria of a 'fresh start' would be wearing thin and I would already be on a slippery slope. Things with this is, there is no slippery slope!:D

Here's to another great day of JUDDDERING!

Love

UD - Thursday May 24th: Day 4

I couldn't resist stepping on the scales this morning and was pleased to see another lb gone: that's 6lb since Monday. I know it may fluctuate a little before Monday's 'official' weigh-in but it's all looking good at this point.

I've had a lovely bowl of porrige with some fruit and nuts cooked in and honey drizzled over - very juicy and delicious! :p

I'm hoping to go to the gym a bit later and then for another walk along the Bay this evening.
For the first time in months I'm feeling enthusiastic about being on a diet.
More later ...

UD - Thursday May 24th: Day 4

I couldn't resist stepping on the scales this morning and was pleased to see another lb gone: that's 6lb since Monday. I know it may fluctuate a little before Monday's 'official' weigh-in but it's all looking good at this point.

I've had a lovely bowl of porrige with some fruit and nuts cooked in and honey drizzled over - very juicy and delicious! :p

I'm hoping to go to the gym a bit later and then for another walk along the Bay this evening.
For the first time in months I'm feeling enthusiastic about being on a diet.
More later ...

Dear R-d,i've just caught up with your diary & reading about juddd-ing with fascination.
Really pleased that it seems to be working for you. Feeling enthusiastic about a diet is half the battle.
I'll be back for the weigh in on Mon & I'm sure the result will be a good'un

DD - Fri May 25th

I'm feeling quite low today ... not sure why: probably a combination of things.
I definitely overdid the eating on my UD yesterday - boredom, stress being my worst enemies.

Anyway, that was yesterday: today is a DD and I'm about to have a hot shake so hopefully it'll even out.

I was trying on some clothes this morning - stuff I wore at this weight before I regained and was horrified that they didn't fit well at all. They were baggy around the chest and tight around the stomach which goes to show that, in true 'syndrome X' style, my rapid regain went mostly around my middle.

I'm really, really depressed about it: I look 10 months pregnant with twins and none of my tops come low enough to cover my huge belly ... I need to go to Evans and buy some longer ones because the sight of myself in a mirror is putting me off even going out at all. Problem is that I'll need to buy them big enough so they're not snug around my stomach which means I'll look like a scarecrow as they'll hang off my shoulders. It's all so depressing :raincloud:

On the upside, hubby is home today after yet another week away working so that's good. Have a great Bank Holiday everyone.

Right Young Debbie - I don't like the sound of you this morning. Let's look at the positives.
1. You have a new plan that you are losing weight on that will allow you to still enjoy food.
2. It's a 3 day weekend, so more time with DH!
3. Today's DD is going to be good and tomorrow it's Saturday and an UD - Wahoo!
4. You are no longer doomed to a life of dieting - this plan can work for ever, losing and maintaining.
5. ok you don't like your tum, i don't like mine either, but there's an awful lot more about us 2 than our tums (which are going to be shrinking anyway).
6. A new top is a great idea, the new smocky long lines are ideal for covering a multitude of sins and as you get thinner they will just hang a little longer!
7. We are in this together - JUDDDERs who are going to prove that there is a way out of dieting no mans land!

There endeth today's lecture!

Chin up Deb's, the suns out and everything is changing for the good!

Lots of love

Bless you Barb ... you're an angel and a real tonic.

:hug99:

That's good to hear! We've got to support each other 100% Debbie and I know we will!

Love

Well RD, how's things today?
Did Barb's friendly boot up the backside help?

I agree absolutely about the smock tops,but remember to be mean with the clothes....they won't fit for long & unless you wish to buy especially for the benefit of oxfam then I go for the 1 on & 1 in the wash wardrobe.
Having said tha I broke my own rule the other day when I became so excited at my loss.
I'd got to the stage where except for my work trews.I had only saggy-baggy or won't-go-over-my-hips.popped into M&S, came out with 3prs. =Bad. in my defence 1 pr was almost impossible to get on,but even so it was an unnecessary expenditure.

I do hope you're feeling more upbeat & optimistic today & enjoying the rhythm of the Juddder

Hey Debz,

Sending positive vibes to my lovely friend ... YOU!. The quicker the weight goes on, the quicker it'll come off. Yo'll regain your shape in no time.

Lots of Love C-Cxxxxxx

Thank you Barb, Jane & CC for you kind words of encouragement.
I've been JUDDERING for almost a week now and will provide the first weigh in result tomorrow.

I've been a little cheerier: hubby being home helps - although he's working away again as from Tuesday ... I think that's how this job is panning out. It sucks but the bills have to be paid.

I've been finding it pretty easy on the dieting front and have been trying very hard to stick to the JUDDD rules i.e no weighing / cal counting on UDs. I have, of course, stayed 'aware' of what I'm eating and tried not to go mad. On the whole, I've stuck to healthy choices but have had the occasional treat ... a packet of choccie buttons here, a packet of marmite rice bites there.

I'm still finding it hard to imagine that I can lose weight and eat - time will tell.
I actually had a meal in the ASDA cafe with hubby today. I chose a cheese & brocolli bake (passed on the chips and veg). It felt strange to be eating in public after a year of having a bar and a coffee whilst hubby eats.

I was thinking about the JUDDD diet and have come to the conclusion that most 'naturally' slim people UD/DD naturally. I don't know ANY slim people who regulate their calorie intakes to make them the same amount every day in line with their BMRs. Most slim people I know may have an occasional UP day where they have quite a bit of food and then seem to naturally eat less the next day. Maybe this is where we get the misconception that skinny people can 'eat what they like and not gain weight' ... well, we would think that when we see them stuff their faces with doughnuts - but do we see what they eat the next day? The liklihood is that they have a DD without even realising it.

This seems to be the natural way. I know my 11 year old daughter eats this way totally subconsciously. She'll have a day or two when she eats like a horse followed by days when she eats like a sparrow! This isn't 'binge/starve' ... this is UD/DD naturally in action. (she's built like a racing snake by the way)

All hubby's family are the same, they're ALL slim and they all eat that way: it's not something they read or were told ... they just 'do it' and have always done it.

I just want to try and cultivate a bit of that attitude - albeit that mine is having to be recreated artificially (as a child I had no issue with food - this is something that has developed over the years).

I can't say that JUDDERING is definitely THE answer to all my weight issues - it's too early to say. But I think I owe it to myself to at least TRY to break the self-destructive dieting merry-go-round I'm currently on.

Hi Russian Doll

Sounds like you are really doing well now. I guess the UpDay's in part are teaching us to be confident around food and our own choices. The DownDay's are our safety net and a rest day from food.

I think you are correct that children and slim people often subconsciously live this way eating more some days and less other days. For maintenance the difference in calories on UpDays and DownDays is not so extreme. It is likely very close to have many people eat naturally.

Congratulations on completing your first week successfully and happily.

Dizzy x

OK peeps ... here it is - week one weigh-in and I've lost 3lb :)

I'm pretty pleased with that considering I've just done two UDs in a row (Sat and Sun). If I continue to lose 2 - 3lb a week then I'll be over the moon as that could potentially be a 10lb loss each month and I'd reach my goal PAINLESSLY by Christmas! :D

I also think that in 7 months I'll learn a lot about eating normally and naturally - sort of PMK style!
I know it's early days but I'm really feeling confident about this plan.

Ooooooooooooooh nice one RD....me likes these results! :D

Brilliant result Debbie. Seems to be the way forward for you hun, and no pain involved lol. Enjoy your day with hubby xxx

WOW RD, that is fab, I am so chuffed for you and me!! Following 2 UD's that is a brillaint result and as you say, a steady 2-3 lb loss will get you where you want to be, without the misery.

I am so glad we started this, I feel so different about everything, my sprirts could not have been more in the doldrums and now - I am flying!!!!!!!!

Well Done RD, you are a star!

Lots of love

Back