The really slow loss team!

lou, thinking about it more and more LOL maybe you also had a great deal of pressure (upon yourself) to be the "thinner Lou" and maybe you had massive expectations of yourself as "slimmer you" as in you will be "happy" you will be "able to get that job" (insert the challenge) etc etc do you know what i mean? you may have had barriers to getting things physically and mentally before that you blamed on your weight, now that barrier has gone you may be scared to challenge your fears? maybe just another suggestion and i may be talking crap

How are you feeling today? A little better I hope x

I am thank you :) last night wasn't great as I cancelled plans for which my mum had a go at me over the phone. I said someone has died so I'm upset & her reply? "that was yesterday". Sometimes she's the least ccompassionate person ever! Thankfully I got a good nights sleep & I'm enjoying the plan I'm on so far. Wanted muesli/yogurt tomorrow & realised the muesli I have in the cupboard either isn't a HEXB or it's only 28g which I've just measured & isn't even 2 tbsp!! I'll have to try something else.

felicity62 said:
lou, thinking about it more and more LOL maybe you also had a great deal of pressure (upon yourself) to be the "thinner Lou" and maybe you had massive expectations of yourself as "slimmer you" as in you will be "happy" you will be "able to get that job" (insert the challenge) etc etc do you know what i mean? you may have had barriers to getting things physically and mentally before that you blamed on your weight, now that barrier has gone you may be scared to challenge your fears? maybe just another suggestion and i may be talking crap

Yeah that's a good point. I did blame my unhappiness above anything on my being overweight. I guess I though once I'd lost the weight I'd be magically transformed and whilst I look and feel better without a doubt my issues are still there. I'm a really sensitive, insecure person at times and maybe I did put that down to my weight issues. Maybe I should work on my self esteem.......I'm off to amazon for yet another book :) cheers luv x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LisaC said:
I am thank you :) last night wasn't great as I cancelled plans for which my mum had a go at me over the phone. I said someone has died so I'm upset & her reply? "that was yesterday". Sometimes she's the least ccompassionate person ever! Thankfully I got a good nights sleep & I'm enjoying the plan I'm on so far. Wanted muesli/yogurt tomorrow & realised the muesli I have in the cupboard either isn't a HEXB or it's only 28g which I've just measured & isn't even 2 tbsp!! I'll have to try something else.

Yeah muesli is rubbish. What about oats so simple? Sorry about your mum being mean x

Yeah muesli is rubbish. What about oats so simple? Sorry about your mum being mean x

Would they taste nice with yogurt on? I only have Quakers porridge oats. I may buy some puffed wheat when I'm next out, I did used to like that although not sure it'll be as nice with yogurts instead of milk.

annya, if you dont mind then it dont matter hunni, the fact is you enjoyed it, it wasnt a huge gain and you WILL get it off, your in the right headspace...i can tell, and your gonna nail this last stone i can feel it, i bet that pound plus more is off by next week.

Oh yes Lou - I am really in the zone. Had a few days of post-holiday blues, but with a good kick up the backside from myself and another gentler one from my good buddy Pom I am right back on it. Last 2 nights have seen me burning well over 400 cals with 1.5 hours of SWEATING on my bike on the hardest resistance plus some gardening, walking and even a bit of running with Lily - I just wish the weather would clear up so I could get out more after work :( I love my food too much to do without it so I can't just have 1200 calories like you, but I don't mind having to earn extra and it is a great motivator to get in shape as well as lose the pork :D

im changing my weigh in day back to a friday, i dont know why i changed it to a wednesday...i always have mid week gain, i still dont know why, its really odd. i dont have set meals on certain days and i certainly didnt over eat, the only thing i can think is i tend to have pasta once a week and im wondering if it disagrees with me and ive maybe not knowingly been having it the same day each week? i go up by 2-3 pounds but then the next day its gone again, its happened for a few weeks now. i dont get it at all.

I sometimes have unexplained "blips too. I really was getting quite fixated on them and analysing every last morsel that passed my lips, hence I have given my scales to my neighbour who is a tough old bird and won't let me get on them apart from on a Friday morning! Fortunately we have no shops within miles (literally) that have scales so I can't cheat and look elsewhere. It was a leap of faith, but it is helping - I am feeling much less anxious now :) - it was starting to get a bit silly and I need to be careful as I had EDs when I was younger.... they are all too easy to switch back on again and I don't want to ever be in that dark place again where my life revoled around food, exercise and the scales and nothing else mattered :cry:

anyway...this morning im weighing in at 10.11 and 3/4 and my new goal this week is to stop getting weighed every day, i need to move my scales away from the bloody bathroom its too easy to step on them!!

See above Lou! Can you perhaps burying them in the bottom of a wardrobe covered with stuff or shove them under the bed so you have to crawl under to get them? That way, whilst you are retrieving them you can think about why you feel you need to keep weighing yourself so often and try to rationalise it?

also, can anyone explain this to me.....the last 2 days ive had a stramge feeling of panic about the fact ive lost weight, i dont understand it, i felt almost scared? it was weird, i guess i kinda cant believe ive got to where i have as i never ex[ected to get here, and for some reason when i was thinking about it yesterday i felt a bit weird. maybe because id told myself i wouldnt lose it the fact i have has proved me wrong but i dont understand why i feel a bit panicky about it. im not going to stop what im doing as i wangt to get to target but i dont like this weird feeling...anyone shed any light?

You have hit the nail on the head yourself Lou. You weren't expecting it to work and now it has you are losing your "safe zone" where you could hide and blame it all on other stuff. You have now proved there is no real reason why you can't lose the weight other than your lack of SERIOUS commitment to do it (I hope that doesn't sound harsh - it isn't meant to - I am EXACTLY the same!). You will be fine - have more faith in the new slimmer, more confident, more in control you :) I have huge respect for your commitment - it's not easy to put your head in the right place and just admit to yourself that there is no magic wand (or pill), no easy way, no excuses and you just have put your nose to the grindstone and get on with it............ good on you girl :0clapper:Isn't it amazing when you have that epiphany?!?

3.5lbs for me!! As I was about 15'2.8 last week, and was dead on 14.13 today! Yay!! Nearly 4lbs in fact! Wow, I'm so happy :)

WAY TO GO CHARL :talk017::party0011::woohoo::wee:

Not sure if I should be on the naughty step with you as I have just re-lost a gain, but if I am we will buy each other a large one :D

Charl.......... I just noticed you are in the next stone zone too - way to go twice girlie :D

You have hit the nail on the head yourself Lou. You weren't expecting it to work and now it has you are losing your "safe zone" where you could hide and blame it all on other stuff. You have now proved there is no real reason why you can't lose the weight other than your lack of SERIOUS commitment to do it (I hope that doesn't sound harsh - it isn't meant to - I am EXACTLY the same!). You will be fine - have more faith in the new slimmer, more confident, more in control you :) I have huge respect for your commitment - it's not easy to put your head in the right place and just admit to yourself that there is no magic wand (or pill), no easy way, no excuses and you just have put your nose to the grindstone and get on with it............ good on you girl :0clapper:Isn't it amazing when you have that epiphany?!?

not harsh AT ALL hun, im a fan of straight talking especially when it comes to weight. i was saying to mum today how i used to eat crap and drink too much then would sit feeling sorry for myself as i wasnt losing weight...really what did i expect? oh its only 1 chocoalte bar, its only a glass of wine etc doesnt cut it, it all adds up, your body doesnt stop you losing weight to spite you it doesnt drop the weight cos your simply eating too much and not burning it off. i dont really know when something clicked but it did, i stopped trying to cheat and just decided in order to lose weight i had to stop the crap and cut the extra food and just get on with it, if i couldnt do that i didnt want it bad enough...theres no point trying to 'cheat' by having extra food, pretending its ok cos its only fruit, only yogurt etc etc, its extra food your body doesnt need and once you get beyond the calories your body has used up for that day the rest is just going on as weight gain. in my mind its as simple as that. ive dieted all my life and its taken me 14 years to finally 'get it' im pretty pleased with myself and i know i wont slip back, this is it...for life and i dont fele deprived or sorry for myself cos i can never eat the way i did, i feel liberated. i dont need all that stuff...its only food! dont live to eat, eat to live as the saying goes ;) there will be weeks i gain though im sure, its inevitable, we all plateau and have weeks where we retain water etc, but im determinednot to let it bother me as i know im doing it right. and your doing pretty damn good yourself missy :D the exercise front is excellent and this is the next area i need to get focused on as im very flabby on my arms and tum

Yes but I only use one A & B choice & I'd rather use my A on cheese. I want a nice cereal that will go with natural yogurt.

put your yogurt on your muesli the night before, cover and put in the fridge, it swells to twice the size then have some fruit chopped into it, preferably berries and strawberries it will be delicious

Well said Lou - sounds like we have surely had the same epiphany!

Wow so much chat on here today!

Lou I think everyones answered your question very well, I put all my insecurities down to my weight and do have this fantasy in my head I'm instantly going to be happier and more successful if I look how I want. It's stupid and setting myself up for disappointment! Or like u said panicy feelings. You have done something brilliant that a lot of people just talk about and complain rather than take action so that in itself should be a huge confidence boost, just enjoy it and keep your head in a good place as you've achieved something you never thought you would.

Lisa I'm pleased your feeling better, even if your mum was rubbish, my dad died last oct and my mum didn't say 1 helpful thing or anything nice, she was awful and wouldn't even really let me talk about it, parents can be the best and worse support!

Everyone else, hope you've had a good day, and thanks annya, I wish I was actually drinking tonight but I'm trying to be really good until holiday and cut booze out as it definitely is the worst thing for affecting my losses. But let's all raise an imaginary glass to being us just smaller versions of us! (I'm so gay!). X

i have enough left for a glass of wine but unfortunately im home alone....never mind! ive been a right swot and were out for a meal sunday so ive found the menu for the place were going, weve decided what were having and ive inputted it into mfp for sundays diary, ive included a portion chips, half a bottle of wine and a mojito for when we go to the cocktail bar after...so i can plan the rest of my meals around it and make sure i dont get out of control. but if anyone wants to bring me a large glass of red right now it would be much appreciated lol

Charl I'm the same, I've always believed that when I'm much slimmer I'll be the happy & confident person I dream of being & going out all the time, but then I may get to a good weight & feel great but not confident enough to change my personality. It is kind of scary assuming we'll be different people when we lose the weight. Time will tell I guess!

And I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Some people naturally lack compassion especially at the times we need it most. I hope you've coped as well as could be x

Wow so much chat on here today!

Lou I think everyones answered your question very well, I put all my insecurities down to my weight and do have this fantasy in my head I'm instantly going to be happier and more successful if I look how I want. It's stupid and setting myself up for disappointment! Or like u said panicy feelings. You have done something brilliant that a lot of people just talk about and complain rather than take action so that in itself should be a huge confidence boost, just enjoy it and keep your head in a good place as you've achieved something you never thought you would.

Lisa I'm pleased your feeling better, even if your mum was rubbish, my dad died last oct and my mum didn't say 1 helpful thing or anything nice, she was awful and wouldn't even really let me talk about it, parents can be the best and worse support!

Everyone else, hope you've had a good day, and thanks annya, I wish I was actually drinking tonight but I'm trying to be really good until holiday and cut booze out as it definitely is the worst thing for affecting my losses. But let's all raise an imaginary glass to being us just smaller versions of us! (I'm so gay!). X

I rarely drink alcohol anyway Charl - so a gay imaginary glass suits me just fine ;)

Back