The really slow loss team!

I think my problem is I actually love me, that sounds weird, but I really like who I am, and how I am, and the way I see the world, and I think I'm already a great mum and achieving things, I never thought I'd be any good at higher education, but I've proved to myself I can achieve things, by leaving work and going back to school, passing college and gettinng into uni etc.. I just really really dislike how I look. And I get paranoid, and oversensitive about it. I always thought once I lose weight I'd be happy with how I look, but its weird, I think I see myself differently to everyone else, as other people always comment on me being pretty and not looking at all how much i weigh but I don't see it, i see a huge ugly whale. its an odd thing, my boyfriend gets angry as he thinks I think so badly of myself when I shouldn't and i've always thought losing the weight (i've never lost it properly yet, the closest was about a size 14 when I was 19) I will be happy and those feelings will go away, so I can totally understand the anxious feelings. I'd love to just go into reiss and pick up an amazing dress and it look nice on. It would be awesome, but I wonder if what i saw in the mirror will ever really change, do you's know what i mean? sorry for the ramble! x

I think my problem is I actually love me, that sounds weird, but I really like who I am, and how I am, and the way I see the world, and I think I'm already a great mum and achieving things, I never thought I'd be any good at higher education, but I've proved to myself I can achieve things, by leaving work and going back to school, passing college and gettinng into uni etc.. I just really really dislike how I look. And I get paranoid, and oversensitive about it. I always thought once I lose weight I'd be happy with how I look, but its weird, I think I see myself differently to everyone else, as other people always comment on me being pretty and not looking at all how much i weigh but I don't see it, i see a huge ugly whale. its an odd thing, my boyfriend gets angry as he thinks I think so badly of myself when I shouldn't and i've always thought losing the weight (i've never lost it properly yet, the closest was about a size 14 when I was 19) I will be happy and those feelings will go away, so I can totally understand the anxious feelings. I'd love to just go into reiss and pick up an amazing dress and it look nice on. It would be awesome, but I wonder if what i saw in the mirror will ever really change, do you's know what i mean? sorry for the ramble! x

i totally know what you mean, i always think im really ugly, i have low self esteem about my looks due to many contributing factors and i always look back at when i was 15 and was 8 stone 3 and i felt good about myself, and think that in order to feel good about myself again ill have to get to that weight, but the problem really isnt my looks, or my weight, its my head. i need to stop being so negative about myself, my hubby gets mad with me cos im always putting myself down and he doesnt get it. its funny cos 20 people can give you a compliment and they go over your head and you dont believe them yet 1 person says something negative and it sticks...ooh were very deep for a friday evening and i dont have wine still boo hoo

can i join in the insecure group please? i hate how i look and also focus on negatives more than positives! and i have wine lol

Hi lisaC. Have you thought about measuring yourself? I have STS since before Xmas. I starting going to gym in Jan and have been fed up cause thought weight would drop off. However I starting measuring myself and even though I haven't lost any weight I've lost 3 inches off my hips which makes me feel better bout not losing the weight. X

Yey! Well done :)

Hi lisaC. Have you thought about measuring yourself? I have STS since before Xmas. I starting going to gym in Jan and have been fed up cause thought weight would drop off. However I starting measuring myself and even though I haven't lost any weight I've lost 3 inches off my hips which makes me feel better bout not losing the weight. X

I have done in the past but (as stupid as it sounds) I can never seem to measure the exact same place twice so it's never accurate. I know I should measure but I prefer to actually see the change & feel it in my clothes. The last couple of days my jean had felt better & this week I've not done as much exercise so I guess that's a good thing!! :)

Lou - rest up today!! Hope you feel better for all your plans.

Acc - well done!! Well deserved loss :)

What's your thoughts on green tea? Does this really help weight loss? I have just had a cup of herbalife green tea and it's want to bad.

What's your thoughts on green tea? Does this really help weight loss? I have just had a cup of herbalife green tea and it's want to bad.

I think there's some sort of green tea challenge going on in the "off topic" forum. I don't know if its been proven to help weight loss but it's really good for you. I can't stand it even with lemon or fruit (I hate hot teas like that) so I've been taking the green tea capsule. I looked into it before buying as there's certains things in it you need a high amount of & if you take the basic amount it won't do anything, it could be the anti-oxidents in it. Anyway I've been taking them since 31 May & in the whole of june I lost 0!! So it never helped me. But even if it doesn't help weight loss it is good for your system.

Back