The really slow loss team!

I go by the total Charl. Some workouts I'm burning loads so I may eat some of that if I really need to, Saturday was like that, after 3 meals I'd eaten 600 but burned off 600! I think it's still trial & error. If I stop losing I'll definitely know I need to eat more most days.x

LisaC said:
Ah bummer Lou. I'm sure it'll come off next week!

Audfen - were you expecting a sts?

Hi hun i thought id gain so STS was great xx im going to do my best this week to stay on track 100% i hope i can xx

Hi hun i thought id gain so STS was great xx im going to do my best this week to stay on track 100% i hope i can xx

Nice result Audfen. Refocus and go for a loss next week - you have been doing so well of late............:)

Morning ladies,have decided,after reading the posts re c c,ti give it a go! Still following the sw principle and portion control,I know thats not the sw way but maybe yet another change will eventually do the trick !!!! :-/ and I find something I will not get bored with
Just looking back at my weight 12 months ago and I am 7 lbs heavier so I have lost and gained for 12 months!!! 0:)
So when I do eventually get to a target maintaing shouldnt be too much of a problem!

Last edited:
Welcome to the "Bit Of This, Bit Of That" club :D

Lol annya!
I feel super swollen, I only came of lady fun time yesterday.....a record 9 days on and it's really messed me up, I drank 4 pints of bad juice yesterday, 2 cups of lemon and a couple if coffees (which I know don't count as fluids) and I'm still dehydrated, to the point I feel like in getting a water infection, last night I managed to get my wee clear then this morning it was really dark??? Any clues??? I'm so swollen aswell hands face and feet. :( HELP!

Could it be something to do with your kidneys?? I've just googled & it implies there are links between dark urine & swollen hands/feet, but if you were ok last night I'm not sure it could change that quickly....!?

Morning ladies,have decided,after reading the posts re c c,ti give it a go! Still following the sw principle and portion control,I know thats not the sw way but maybe yet another change will eventually do the trick !!!! :-/ and I find something I will not get bored with
Just looking back at my weight 12 months ago and I am 7 lbs heavier so I have lost and gained for 12 months!!! 0:)
So when I do eventually get to a target maintaing shouldnt be too much of a problem!

This is what I'm doing too Ann!! I'm using everything I know from SW but counting the calories. I never ate big meals at all but my carbs were definitely too much for me. I still have my syns & HEX's as normal & I track everything I eat. I'm also 7lb heavier than last yea, meh! We'll get there :) I hope mixing it up gives you a lil boost.

Right today is the day (again)
A new start
Will have 1,400 cals today and will go back to zumba tonight and take the dog for a long walk.
Ideally would like to lose 14 lbs by oct 9th,off to Gibraltar:-D
Have a nice day
Ann

hello again, just finding time to catch up with everyone! bev bev bev !!! ?? nice one although life does sound stressful at the mo?

well done to charls, you put me to shame with your determination and hard hard work, you really should be proud!

lou, you are having a tough time arent you? you sound like your retaining water mate but always best to get yourself checked out medically as we could get it soooooo wrong for you.

me? it was my big fat fortieth on sunday and i feel so dirty with the booze that I drank!! I am not moaning tho, it was nice! the gain is explanable.....just off to weigh in now LOL

good news as my son had an urgent cancer referral as well (i was on the ceiling and not around much due to breaking down). his lumpy neck isnt cancer (apparently) its probably permanent tonsilitis, poor chap! but we still have to watch him closely and i can have further tests if needed but having spoken to my colleagues (who are all childrens cancer doctors) they reassured me that was the right thing for the moment...

apologies ifi have missed anyones posts or anything important i am trying to catch up with you all, honest

oh felicity!!!! my goodness that must have been soooo scary for you, im so pleased hes ok, you know where i am if you want to chat hunni xxx

right im doing rubbish lately i dont know why, just getting bored and complacant i guess, totm didnt help, that set me off and im struggling since then so im doing what i havent done for years...im trying a faddy diet...ish....its the alternate day diet, im very skeptical, btu i need to break this damn addiction to food i have, so the down days where i have 500 cals will do me good...then i have an up day of 2000 the next day, apparently it keeps your metabolism going and doesnt send your body into starvation, it tells you not to over eat on the up day cos you 'can' so im going to keep track of my cals on this day too and stick to 2000, which actually isnt hard to reach 2000 once youve had breakfast dinner and tea, and ill just see how i get on. i refuse to do the up down dance with my weight for another 6 months, its too depressing. i will let you know how it goes.

good luck ann x

good news as my son had an urgent cancer referral as well (i was on the ceiling and not around much due to breaking down). his lumpy neck isnt cancer (apparently) its probably permanent tonsilitis, poor chap! but we still have to watch him closely and i can have further tests if needed but having spoken to my colleagues (who are all childrens cancer doctors) they reassured me that was the right thing for the moment..

So very glad the news was good Felicity - it must be a HUGE weight off your mind!

It's my big fat 53rd on Sunday, but I will be sober as I have sworn off the booze for 6 months (and not missing it at all so it might be a permanent thing!). I will, no doubt, have a big fat f**k off steak at the local pub though - and pudding - after all, it is my birthday ;) :D

right im doing rubbish lately i dont know why, just getting bored and complacant i guess, totm didnt help, that set me off and im struggling since then so im doing what i havent done for years...im trying a faddy diet...ish....its the alternate day diet, im very skeptical, btu i need to break this damn addiction to food i have, so the down days where i have 500 cals will do me good...then i have an up day of 2000 the next day, apparently it keeps your metabolism going and doesnt send your body into starvation, it tells you not to over eat on the up day cos you 'can' so im going to keep track of my cals on this day too and stick to 2000, which actually isnt hard to reach 2000 once youve had breakfast dinner and tea, and ill just see how i get on. i refuse to do the up down dance with my weight for another 6 months, its too depressing. i will let you know how it goes.

Sorry it is so pants for you just now Lou - it's horrible when you get caught up in that spiral :( Chin up, you can do this - we all can - but we all get good and bad times when the journey is a long one :bighug:

Did you watch that programme about intermittnet fasting? Very interesting. I was saying to Al that I might have a go at this once I get to target as I reckon I could cope with a couple of low calorie days a week without screwing up my transplant (have to be careful with insulin/glucose levels and all that) and it clearly seems to helps with those things which, especially at my age, one has to be extra mindful of - heart disease, (returning) diabetes, stroke, cancer etc.

Good luck with the alternate days diet - I know someone on another thread doing it, but I don't think she is sticking to the rules so it's not working particularly well for her. She finds the 500 calorie days a struggle which is surprising when you consider how much she still has to lose (she must be at least 4 stones overweight). I will watch your space..........

There's so many health benefits for intermittent fasting, i'm also considering giving it a go when I get to target, that programme was so interesting. X

Ah, fad diets :). Yep, I am trying it too. I need something new to try lose this last 5/6 lbs! Oh is doing it with me too. We are doing 2-3 down days. Did one dd yesterday and today is an up but I am pretty much eating normal sw way. 2 lbs went overnight, regardless of why it has motivated me to try this for a couple of weeks. The most amazing thing is that I did it! 2 scrambled eggs and 1 quorn saus for breakfast. Apple as snack and chicken and veg for dinner.

This is such a mixed slow group? I wonder if we represent all diets? Sw I still think is the best for long term healthy eating. I just need a shake!

I am trying this as well which is why I haven't been around as I am just not following SW at all at the moment and purely using WLR to calorie count.

Still going to weigh in and after a sts last week I lost 1lb this week.

You can watch the programme on I player as it was on BBC 2 - horizon eat fast live longer

I still eat lots of Sw recipes without it I wouldn't be where I am now...over 3 stone lighter but I don't have the discipline on Sw to cut portions back and I get greedy. A lot of things have helped the last stone come off...beck diet book, cc and no snacking but old habits ate creeping in so I am doing this. Not sure what I will do long term though tbh. So far I've had a muller light, coffee, hit water and lemon and got some juice. I'm off for some shakes as they are full of vitamins and I don't want to get poorly. I might have a shake for dinner then salad for tea

Back