The really slow loss team!

Well I just realised after logging my supposed loss on line that in actual fact I have lost a big fat zero in august. As I weigh the same as I did on 2nd August so the 1lb weight loss was just equaling out the 2 little gains I had.
I am so despondent I have no idea what I am doing wrong. The consultant says my food diaries are spot on. I have had one weekend with a couple of measured drinks since starting and I have no explanation other then I know I struggle so much to lose weight.
I think my metabolism is broken.

1/2 on which is fine considering the rubbish I've eaten recently lol x

Oh that's so me. Have been on sw extra easy since Jan. Overall loss about 1lb a week. Not sure how to speed things up but sure it was the tortoise that won the race! So can I please join your slow but steady group?

Hello and a welcome Evie.

I don't lose at all on EE :confused: I do a combination of original, green and a very occasional EE and find that works better for me - perhaps you might like to try a bit of "mix and match" and see if that helps.

I still lose at tortoise pace, but I have many factors stacked against me for losing at a reasonable rate. I have accepted that and am happy to plod along - as you say, it was the tortoise that eventually won the race ;)

Enjoy our little group. If you look through the thread you will see that some who have joined us have miraculously become faster losers - you never know, you might be one of the lucky ones - if not, you will get all the support and help here you need to meander your way to your target weight :)

Hiya please can I join you ladies? I am a -1, -0.5lb a week kind of gal too! Although lately I have been very, very bad and this week especially so, so I think I am just going to have to right it of off, prepare myself for a gain and try again harder next week. I don't know why I have been on diet sabotage this week with a total disregard for what is going past my lips.

Met a friend I had not seen in 5 years for dinner last night we had dimsum no idea of syns!! had 2 bottle of wine between us also and then go home about 1am owing to crappy trains and ate a bourbon and I think about 4 Nice biscuits and a fredo!!! I am going to SW hell!!!

1/2 on which is fine considering the rubbish I've eaten recently lol x

I think I am heading for a half pound or so on tomorrow at weigh in too Jenny.

Like you, I know how I got it so I'll take it on the chin and climb back on the wagon!

Onwards and downwards for us both next week...........:)

Well done on the loss Lou. But . . .

Do you always have a treat after WI? I know there's cause to celebrate when we lose but how about doing it with something more SW friendly? I know fruit and yoghurt ain't such a treat. Fish (with the batter removed) & mushy peas would be better than a cheeseburger!

to be honest i dont always have a treat night i normally prepare something out of my cook book before i go to sw and eat it when i come home, and ill maybe have a little bit extra but not much, its normally the weekends that i struggle with. ive not been very well for a couple of weeks now and am completely struggling to stick to the diet. i feel sick all the time, the only time i dont is if i eat stodgey food, i tried eating a turkey salad last night and was sick. im having an operation next week and im hoping i feel better after that, so i can get back on track. at the minute i will eat anything as long as it stays down!! i have decided to call my c and tell her im not going next week, im fiding its way too much pressure, im having my op anyway and will be out of action and the last thing on my mind is going to be s.w. and turning up for a meeting. im going to try do green days until i feel better,that way i can eat jacket potatoes which is about the only thing i can keep down. i dont expect i will lose weight and will more than likely gain but i was talking to my friend and she said i just need to give my self a break, there is a reason why im not losing weight and im making myself feel so much worse by punishing myself when im not losing weight much. i plan to stick to it best i can, and as soon as i feel better i will be straight back into the swing of things. im just so scared of gaining loads cos of being in hospital and then being off my feet for a couple of days. but these things happen i suppose and i cant control everything!!

Hello everyone, thanks for the encouragement!! Just had my WI, and I STS.

Knew I would - just been eating too many syns basically, and not enough control over what I eat. Was just my colleague's leaving cakes, bank holiday stuff and eating pick n mix at the cinema that did it! At least I know what caused it. No worries, back on the wagon! :rolleyes:

Am moving house this weekend though and (as well as this affecting my routine a bit) my new set of flatmates all buy their food once a week together, which might prove to be quite challenging, although they generally eat pretty healthily, and one of them wants to lose weight and knows about SW, so might be ok! However, I am not giving up, just have to adapt! Might end up having to add a lot of SW type food onto their communal list and just paying for it myself, am not going to let it stop me!!!

Will just have to really focus on the free/superfree food this weekend and minimise syns, and get properly 100% back on track Sunday onwards. FINGERS CROSSED I'll get at least half-1 pound loss next week! :cross:

Conlou, you are right, you're being waayyyyy too hard on yourself. Give yourself a break, not just in terms of the SW plan, but generally - it's OK if you mess up, it's the long-term trend that counts. All of us on this thread (and I know I've not been here long, but bear with me!) need to look at the long-term picture rather than the short-term, because of how slow our losses are (those of you on the naughty step, hang your heads!!! haha just joking :p).

We need to think that in the long-term, we are improving our general diet and health. If you're feeling ill, you should not beat yourself up about the plan. Even being on the plan shows you're willing to change and address the eating habits that aren't so good for you. It's always a choice, you COULD go off the plan entirely, but you know that really, it's OK to continue on it, with the odd hiccup here and there, and that eventually, you will succeed. Give yourself a pat on the back for getting this far, and go back on the plan properly when you are feeling better! :)

I am not always so great at taking my own advice, but I really do believe deep down that as long as you keep going and don't give up, you'll get there! As I believe HelsAngel once said...might take till Xmas 2015 but at least we'll get there!!!

xxxxx

evie i agree, EE didnt work for me either. i ate extra and it werent easy !!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha its true.

my weigh in loss.....................another 2 lb ??? eh??????????

im going to try to stick to it as well as i can but its just really difficult, and im not a quitter, once i make my mind up to do something i do it so this is killing me having to take a little pause cos i feel like im letting myself down but i know the reasons why and its not long term, i should begin to feel better after my op so i just need to hang on in there. i have some exercise dvds im going to dig out, i used to like the davina one, im struggling to get to the gym cos i dont feel well and i can only go on a night at around 8pm and having a 4month old and a 2 year old to contend with all day the last thing i feel like doing is going to the gym, but i feel bad about that cos i was so focused the other week but this has just thrown a spanner in the works. i just want to feel better again :(

im going to try to stick to it as well as i can but its just really difficult, and im not a quitter, once i make my mind up to do something i do it so this is killing me having to take a little pause cos i feel like im letting myself down but i know the reasons why and its not long term, i should begin to feel better after my op so i just need to hang on in there. i have some exercise dvds im going to dig out, i used to like the davina one, im struggling to get to the gym cos i dont feel well and i can only go on a night at around 8pm and having a 4month old and a 2 year old to contend with all day the last thing i feel like doing is going to the gym, but i feel bad about that cos i was so focused the other week but this has just thrown a spanner in the works. i just want to feel better again :(

Awwwww..... big hugs Lou :patback: :hug99: :grouphugg:

It will get better soon - just hang in there my lovely :)

Back to regular tortoise ways this week ladies - I lost a whole 0.2lbs :rolleyes:

Still, it's better than a STS and definitely better than a gain! A teeny weeny step in the right direction :8855:

Annya said:
Back to regular tortoise ways this week ladies - I lost a whole 0.2lbs :rolleyes:

Still, it's better than a STS and definitely better than a gain! A teeny weeny step in the right direction :8855:

Yey u did better than me this week!
Fully back in plan now - diaries and everything!

Oh well, sts for me this week :(.

Finding it hard going at the moment. Even though my c (and others I think) rave abouth EE and don`t give the other plans a mention I feel I should ditch EE for a while and give red/green a go.

Can`t do any worse than I am already. Get the feeling EE is all about slowing down our weight loss so that we take longer to get to target and thereby pay for longer! Maybe I`m just being cynical. Love SW as a plan, yes I know it`s a business and they have to make a profit. Just having these thoughts at the moment. :(

Finding it hard going at the moment. Even though my c (and others I think) rave abouth EE and don`t give the other plans a mention I feel I should ditch EE for a while and give red/green a go.

Can`t do any worse than I am already. Get the feeling EE is all about slowing down our weight loss so that we take longer to get to target and thereby pay for longer! Maybe I`m just being cynical. Love SW as a plan, yes I know it`s a business and they have to make a profit. Just having these thoughts at the moment. :(

well i am thinking the same as you cos they push the extra easy sooo much. yet this week when i went to group my c said to do red days with a couple of green to boost my weight loss. now why would she say that if the extra easy worked better? hmm.... i have always lost the most with red days and it stands to reason cos its in effect a low carb diet, and i did atkins years ago and lost shed loads but i felt like rubbish and then when i started eating carbs again i piled it back on! the other reason (not being my cynical self for a minute) why they may push ee is because its easier and most people can fit it around their everyday life and cook for the family no problems, so whilst it may be slower it also may be more successful cos your more likely to stick to it if its stuff you can cook for the whole family?? im going through a rough patch too hun, have totally sacked the diet off until i feel better. im going through a blip, but i know thats all it will be and ill be back on track once im feeling better in a week or so. i also find ee is more complicated in ways, like have your plate 1/3 super free and snack on super free between meals yet ive found with the red plan i can eat meat between meals and not eat that much super free but i still lost weight. hang in there youll make it in the end!! we all will xx

Hi GrannieAnnie
I'm one for which EE doesn't work, but I know the reason. I just overeat,- portions too big and eat loads of carbs 'cos I can, and probably didn't get enough Superfree.

Two frineds though do EE and have had some fantastic losses - but I think they worked out pretty quickly that they had to cut right back on portion size.

As Conlou says though it is easy for people as they can just cook the same for their family and not feel different.

Give Red/Green a go. I usually do 5 Red per week and 2 Green. Although my weight loss is still slow at least I'm losing which I didn't on EE. I never feel hungry, still have a couple of small glasses of wine every night and don't feel like I'm on a diet. 4 st gone to date using R/G at 1 lb a week has been very tortoise like - but I know I can maintain it for life.

I still do the odd EE day if we are going out and I don't want to put hostesses to any bother and am just extra careful for a few days after.

But like you I can be a cynical old barsteward and tend to agree about SW doing it to make more money!

Thanks for the replies huns, glad I`m not alone!! :D

Feeling better already thanks to you. I`ll take your advise and do red/green for a whole to see how I get on. Did green yesterday and will be on red today. The blurb from SW gives the impression that EE can be a feeding frenzy which isn`t exactly true.
I found portion control difficult so hopefully by switching things around it will give my weight loss a boost.

Going on my daily 30 min walk now!!

Back