The really slow loss team!

There is also a phrase that I repeat to myself when I’m having a bad day that keeps me on the straight and narrow.
Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard!

Oh that's so good!!

I read in a magainze the other day : If you get up in the morning with determination, you'll go to bed at night with satisfaction. I like that.

That's a good one! I'm gonna wake up determined to finish my final first year essay, (hand in is at 4 so I'm def going to bed dissatisfied if it's not done!!) and to stay on plan after a bad week! X

Oh that's so good!!

I read in a magainze the other day : If you get up in the morning with determination, you'll go to bed at night with satisfaction. I like that.

Love this quote, i read it in the slimming world magazine a few months ago! so true too :)

conlou1 said:
Hey guys. I downloaded my fitness pal onto my phone just to double check my calorie intake and I'm hitting around 1500 a day. I've also been getting out for a walk each day. I've bought a size 12 dress for a wedding in August and I'm determined to lose a stone to fit into it. Do you think that I need to cut my calories back a bit more?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I'm eating Sw food and following their principles I'm just using calorie counting as a way to control portions

I read recently not to cut them too low or your body stops doing something or another.. Basically lower your cals but not too low! And balance with exercise and that's pretty much the best way to lose weight. Still make sure you eat plenty of fruit and veg and keep your fat content as low as poss :) xx

conlou1 said:
Hey guys. I downloaded my fitness pal onto my phone just to double check my calorie intake and I'm hitting around 1500 a day. I've also been getting out for a walk each day. I've bought a size 12 dress for a wedding in August and I'm determined to lose a stone to fit into it. Do you think that I need to cut my calories back a bit more?

If you put in how much you want to lose each week it will tell you how many calories you should be on though there's a point it won't go any lower think it's about 1200 cals x

You should NEVER go below 1200 calories or your body goes into starvation mode (ie not ketosis) which is not good for you.

You can ask MFP to do the calculation for you based on how much you want to lose each week. Don't know if you can do it via the mobile app though.
MFP will not drop your cals below 1200 either.

So for my age (57) and height (5' 6½") and weight (76 kg) doing no exercise I need a 250 calorie deficit to lose ½ lb per week - this comes out at 1440 cals. But if I was only 35, to lose exactly the same amount with the same parameters it goes up to 1570 cals.

There is also a very rough and ready formula you can use. But it only works if you are over about 10 st - otherwise it throws up very silly numbers.
To maintain your current weight take your weight in lbs and multiply by 12. This is the number of calories you need to STS.
So at your current weight (11 st 8 = 162 lbs, taken from your stats) this is equal to 1944 cals.
To lose ½ lb per week reduce by 250 cals = 1694
To lose 1 lb per week reduce by 500 cals = 1444 .
To lose 1½ lbs per week reduce by 750 = 1194. . so UNDER the starvation zone.

So 1500 cals a day sshould mean about 1 lb a week loss. Nice gentle, and sustainable figure.

I have good news for once I lost 1.5lb and I have booked a week away with my mother in four weeks time. Going to Spain staying on Costa del sol, casa de miji or something like that .

Going all inclusive so a little bit worried especially as I have finally got to my pre Christmas weight - I know it is middle of May !

Lou don't go below 1200 your body can't sustain that low for long and you will be starving x

I know alot of people normally say that you shouldnt count calories when doing SW but i was having small lossses like 0.5 pounds a week for about 12 weeks and i was really getting fed up so downloaded MFP and put in my food content and it was coming in at around 1700 cals so I dropped it so i woudnt go over 1400 a days and then started losing 1.5 - 2lbs most weeks. so i say aslong as you dont go crazy like people have said then im sure you will be fine =]

Latte said:
I have good news for once I lost 1.5lb and I have booked a week away with my mother in four weeks time. Going to Spain staying on Costa del sol, casa de miji or something like that .

Going all inclusive so a little bit worried especially as I have finally got to my pre Christmas weight - I know it is middle of May !

Lou don't go below 1200 your body can't sustain that low for long and you will be starving x

Well done :)

I'm still not back to my pre christmas weight :*) !!!!

my worry lou is.....when you get into your dress (and you will) you will be happy and at your target weight.....but you cant sustain the lower calorie intake for ever and when you begin to up the calories the weight may go up again and you are going to be overly harsh with yourself about gaining. does that make sense? if you feel you can do it and sustain that type of VLCD its brilliant but just make sure you consider it all (please tell me if i am speaking out of line here)

Totally agree Felicity, I spent a lot of the last few years on 600-800 calories a day now I can't eat anything without putting on weight and am particularly sensitive to sugars which means carbs are a big problem for me. I train pretty hard and still my metabolism hasn't recovered. So just be careful to stay balanced in your approach

felicity62 said:
my worry lou is.....when you get into your dress (and you will) you will be happy and at your target weight.....but you cant sustain the lower calorie intake for ever and when you begin to up the calories the weight may go up again and you are going to be overly harsh with yourself about gaining. does that make sense? if you feel you can do it and sustain that type of VLCD its brilliant but just make sure you consider it all (please tell me if i am speaking out of line here)

I'm not going to do a VLCD Hun, to lose a stone by August I just need to lose a pound a week which I put in my goal and it said 1440 cals a day which Is roughly what I've been having. Which is roughly 3 healthy meals and 3 snacks, one being a treat snack- yesterday I had crisps and the day before an ice cream, don't worry I'll never starve myself :) to maintain the weight I would have to eat more than 1440 or I'll just keep losing I would imagine. I can never go back to eating how I was or what I class as normal cos I'll just put weight back on again, I'm going to have to eat healthily and sensibly for life now so I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how much food I need to be eating everyday to lose weight and once I get used to it I won't have to put everything into the app I'll just automatically know the amounts I can and can't get away with. Thanks for caring though hun :)

Well done latte!!!!! Great result.

I'm having to stop my tablets, once again they've started having a bad effect, I've suddenly become incontinent which I've never ever had a problem with and have had a head ache for 3 days. Back to herbal remedies. It's a shame cos I do feel better but I can't cope with having bad side effects, also apparently they don't make you feel better straight away so it's maybe been in my head anyway and I e finally had a proper period. I'll just keep an eye on myself and if I start getting down again I'll try some different ones. I feel more in control at the minute and motivated so fingers crossed I'm ok and don't slip back. Maybe I just needed a bit of sun in my life :)

Lou that is brilliant x

Well done Lou.:)

conlou1 said:
I got weighed today cos I won't get chance tomorrow and since last Friday I've lost 2 pound :)

WELL DONE YOU B-) XXXX

As its such a lovely evening going to walk the dog around the country park,toooo nice to be stuck in the gym!! B-)

Back