The really slow loss team!

HAAAAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY LOU :) hope you have a lovely day dear.

Yeah lou one of the girls I lived with years ago fell pregnant twice on the coil one was bad and she lost, luckily 2nd time they got it out in time and Madeleine is lush! Thats it! Retroverted womb! I can never remember. Got yeah it was awful, I was told it was gonna be 3 mins of moderately uncomfortable. I had to have a gaggle of docs attempting to get it in for 20 mins!!! I cried it was so traumatic. X

I wont lie.....it was painful to go in but once in (my tilted womb kept pushing it out LOL) it has been great! last time i had it it was great with regular periods and with a normal flow and everything. i think i am very lucky by the sounds of it.

happy birthday Lou Lou !! your posts are soooooooo positive and refreshing to read you really are determined arent you?

i am a big believer of not blaming everyone else for weight gain/loss and you are in the zone woman! i know when i go out i make bad choices and drink....so my solution to that one is 1. not go out in the first place. 2. do what makes me happy and stop moaning to everyone about the choices i made! it takes the pressure of big time. well done you for going out and planning so well x

thanks hunni. yes i think i am in the zone tbh. i KNOW i can do this, and stopping blaming everything else and living in denial has stopped making the choice to eat less and cut back on stuff easier. i stopped feeling sorry for myself cos i couldnt eat what i wanted. yes some people can eat more and lose weight, but some people cant eat what i do and lose weight, were all different and i just sat one day and made the decision...keep on like i am and never lose weight or cut the crap and just get on with it, i think it was giving myself the choice of doing it or not that helped me decide what i really wanted more. no one was making me diet, it was something i chose to do, so why was i feeling so hard done by? i didnt HAVE to do it, no one cared if i lost weight or not, only me..so why was i acting like this was something someone was making me do and fighting against it and cheating, i just thought if im going to do that i may aswell give in and not diet at all and just accept id rather eat more and be the size 16 that i was...and my heart sank. i didnt WANT to be that size. i WANT to be a size 10 and only i can do it, i have choices in everything, just cos im out doesnt mean i HAVE to get drunk, or drink, i have a choice, if its more important to have a drink then i will, btu ill compensate for it, and if i want to eat something high in cals thats totally ok, i just budget for it. im not hard done by, i have the foods i like...in moderation, and then i just get on with it. its worth it. being told 3 times yesterday by different people that i look great and congratulating me on how good i look is worth all the lack of booze and fatty foods. its what i WANT, and i just think if you want it, do it. :D i dont ever wamt to go back to how i was, i was out of control and depressed, i couldnt get a grip on anything in my life and i hated the way i looked and how unhealthy i felt. i feel more in control and more confident, ive proved i can do this, and ill keep doing it. the best thing i did was sit and be totally honest with myself, id recommend anyone struggling to do the same, just decide honestly do you want to lose weight or do you want to eat too much and drink too much? its as easy as that. well for me it was anyway haha

Sometimes I think take what you have to take if you know it does something. I've been taking agnus castus,I have the liquid form & hate it, it taste beyond fowl. I couldn't put up with irregular periods due to how erratic they were & the pain I get, it would always happen if I was always & I'd spend the time in bed. Yes I think I'll have to consider moving to another GP, I know sometimes men see it differntly to women but even talking about my bladder last night he made me feel I was being a bit of a nuisance, so much for bed side manner. I've done a lot of research on Yasmin today, some common bad side effects are awful but other weigh gain I've never once had a side effect so here's hoping...!! It seems the only option for me to try so I'm happy to & if it affects my weight in a good way hoorah!

you shouldnt take agnus castus with the pill, they stimulate hormones and can affect the pill working x

HAAAAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY LOU :) hope you have a lovely day dear.

thanks xx

Happy Birthday Lou!!! Enjoy your night out - and compensate later.

Lisa - I tried every pill under the sun and gained with them all - except Microgynon! So there's no telling what it would have done to you.
My periods were regular but god were they painful. I used to black-out fairly frequently because of the pain.
I had a sterilisation so I could come off the pill and I felt abysmal.
Then they gave me pills for the endo and I gained a bit more.
I finally had a total hysterectomy at age 36 so had to go on Oestrogen only HRT and gained almost 2 stone!!!
Finally came of the HRT aged 54. I was in my maintenaance phase of my diet - and no, none of the weight disappeared.

God I hate being a woman!!!

Well here I am a day late. Would you believe I forgot to WI yesterday? ME? The scaley dale hopper.
We overslept. And I was in such a rush to get up, dressed and out, that it was only after my 2nd swift cup of tea that I realised I hadn't been on the scales.

½lb on - again. But not too unhappy after last week's traumas (what with the wasp attack, 20 cold sores and not feeling well all week = comfort food)
That puts me 3¼ lbs over target - so just ¼lb out of range.

Happy birthday Lou

:birthday: :candle1: :bday:

Pom - not bad when you consider the traumas of the past week............

I can't believe you forgot to weigh in :eek: - you are another "me" and I have had to hand mine over to next door so I can't obssess now :rolleyes:

Hi everyone i got back from holidays sunday night and weighed in yesterday morning i had a huge gain but i have to say it was totally worth iti had an amazing time. I was much more confident this year on hols thanks to slimming world. I even wore dresses i was delighted. I have a lot of work ahead to get back off the big gain xx

PicsArt_1341865092175.jpg

Aww cute!! You look so happy! And the dress looks good too. Xxx

Hi everyone i got back from holidays sunday night and weighed in yesterday morning i had a huge gain but i have to say it was totally worth iti had an amazing time. I was much more confident this year on hols thanks to slimming world. I even wore dresses i was delighted. I have a lot of work ahead to get back off the big gain xx

View attachment 55957

aw nice to have you back...you look lovely.

Lisa - I tried every pill under the sun and gained with them all - except Microgynon! So there's no telling what it would have done to you.
My periods were regular but god were they painful. I used to black-out fairly frequently because of the pain.
I had a sterilisation so I could come off the pill and I felt abysmal.
Then they gave me pills for the endo and I gained a bit more.
I finally had a total hysterectomy at age 36 so had to go on Oestrogen only HRT and gained almost 2 stone!!!
Finally came of the HRT aged 54. I was in my maintenaance phase of my diet - and no, none of the weight disappeared.

God I hate being a woman!!!

What an ordeal!! :( I wouldn't be shocked if my body would gain the weight on something just because. Cilest has never caused me to gain a lot (as in a huge amount at the start), but it doesn't help me lose it either. That's what I want, one that will balance my hormones more. All tablets have side effects, some more common than others, but to me weight gain would be one of the worst & given just how many people (I looked up case studies too) gained huge amounts on Microgynon I just don't want to risk it. Obviously I know I could take Yasmin & it could have the same effect, really really difficult weightloss, but it sounds more promising than the others so I'm willing to try, it sounds like it could suit my body type/hormone imbalances more. If they all fail, I'll just go on whatever & carry on as I am, I'll have no choice.

LisaC said:
What an ordeal!! :( I wouldn't be shocked if my body would gain the weight on something just because. Cilest has never caused me to gain a lot (as in a huge amount at the start), but it doesn't help me lose it either. That's what I want, one that will balance my hormones more. All tablets have side effects, some more common than others, but to me weight gain would be one of the worst & given just how many people (I looked up case studies too) gained huge amounts on Microgynon I just don't want to risk it. Obviously I know I could take Yasmin & it could have the same effect, really really difficult weightloss, but it sounds more promising than the others so I'm willing to try, it sounds like it could suit my body type/hormone imbalances more. If they all fail, I'll just go on whatever & carry on as I am, I'll have no choice.

Lisa would you be able to cut out ALL snacks just for this week? Keep your meals exactly the same, but no eating outside of meals AT ALL? Just to try it? That was the first change I made and it made the biggest difference

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

if agnus cactus is a hormone stabiliser and the pill is (apparently) used to rebalance hormones would they cancel the pills effectiveness?? if you take the pill that automatically alters your natural hormones doesnt it? adding in agnus cactus to rebalance something artificial would possibly lead to the pill not working? just a thought from my questioning mind LOL

felicity62 said:
if agnus cactus is a hormone stabiliser and the pill is (apparently) used to rebalance hormones would they cancel the pills effectiveness?? if you take the pill that automatically alters your natural hormones doesnt it? adding in agnus cactus to rebalance something artificial would possibly lead to the pill not working? just a thought from my questioning mind LOL

Yep if you want to use the pill for contraception don't take agnus castus or johns wort

Lisa would you be able to cut out ALL snacks just for this week? Keep your meals exactly the same, but no eating outside of meals AT ALL? Just to try it? That was the first change I made and it made the biggest difference

This week my plan has been totally different, on Thurs/Fri/Mon/Today Ive done an old SW plan (the strict one which I didn't mention as it's not allowed to be discussed on here) which is basically calorie controlled & Sat/Sun I stuck to the normal EE plan but pretty much had very few carbs, in fact over the weekend I really underate so I had to make myself eat more (1 day I'd eaten 1000 cals & then burnt 500 so I was well under!), not deliberately, & I actually barely snacked at all! I'm pretty sure I'll have a loss tomorrow as the strict plan I combined with this week usually guarantees me a loss I just haven't done it in a while as didn't feel I had the willpower. Since I've been tracking my calories I really feel I've eaten less...maybe without realising as I'm now counting what I eat & knowing exactly how much is going in my body, if that makes sense. I've bought some BNS to replace spuds, cereal & few other bits to really mix up this week & I'm hoping my meals will fill me up enough I won't want to snack. A year ago I'd snack on 3 apples, a yogurt plus a few other pieces of fruit, which I know is ok but it all adds up. In the last few weeks I totally cut down, without realising. I don't know if any of that makes sense! :confused:

For me personally I've been on the pill to regluate my periods, not for anything else. I started the agnus castus to balance my estrogen levels so it wouldn't overly matter if it affected my pill as it's only to regulate.

LisaC said:
For me personally I've been on the pill to regluate my periods, not for anything else. I started the agnus castus to balance my estrogen levels so it wouldn't overly matter if it affected my pill as it's only to regulate.

It's not about it's effectiveness but it could mess with it. Could you not try Angus castus and dong quai, with star flower and evening primrose to try help with periods and maybe tailor acupuncture to this too? Come off the pill totally if u don't need it x

Back