The really slow loss team!

Hi ya'all, been a while - catching up with Lou on the TL thread today alright. Just on the egg thing if you like them and they're handy for you go for just the whites they're about 12 calories a pop and generally taste pretty good with other stuff. Hope you've all been well anyway and gaining health (I'm on a crusade to ban the term weight loss :) )

why are you banning the term weight loss hun? my aim isnt to gain health, it was purely and simply to lose weight.

Well the thing is Pom why would you put alllll your effort into loosing something when infact what your really trying to do is gain something else - health, fitness, sexiness, energy, well being, long life......
The more you concentrate on the benifits of what your doing the more likely you are to succeed - cause its easy to want extra things not so easy to want less things. It makes sense to me anyway!
I like getting extra :)

I have to disagree, i am not looking for anything else but weight loss (well i wasnt i am within target now but maintaining is hard) long life, health, sexiness etc etc are not linked to my drive to lose weight. None of those things are gained by losing weight, you dont automatically become healthier, you dont get sexy you dont live longer. Other factors come into play that influence these, some are definitely controllable but some arent and they are not attributable to losing weight. slim girls are not guaranteed to be healthy, sexy and live longer are they?

Not at all!! My goal is to lose weight so I look on the outside how I feel about myself on the inside! X

Right - last post now probably for 10 days. Off to Roda to get both apartments ready for guests arriving on Saturday and then I'm flying to the UK on Sunday to help mum start sorting her "treasures" out ready for her move. heaven help me.

Be good chicas, my lovely tortoise friends, and head for that norty step if you lose too much whilst I'm away.

I will miss you Bev - both here and on my diary thread. Take very good care of yourself and I hope moving Mum isn't too stressful..... I don't envy you that task at all :bighug:

By the way - the bike and DVD have been dusted down and are back in action - thanks for the :asskick::8855:

Ah good luck at your mums, hope it not toooo stressful. X

Thanks peeps - just shutting laptop down. All packed and ready to go.
Think we'll need to aircon on at the apartment for the body magic cleaning.
It's actually oly 32c today but at 70% humidity so I'm sweating like the provervial pig!

Byeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry I missed you Bev hope all goes well x

Hey! Rubbish :( I had a STS again this week seems my losing streak is over! Done shred 3 times, walked about 10-13 miles and nothing.. I did mix up cc at weekend with SW mon-wed and cc yesterday. MFP reckons I should have lost but I haven't. Grr! Xx

Hey! Rubbish :( I had a STS again this week seems my losing streak is over! Done shred 3 times, walked about 10-13 miles and nothing.. I did mix up cc at weekend with SW mon-wed and cc yesterday. MFP reckons I should have lost but I haven't. Grr! Xx

Hang on in there! It will happen!

LOL what I was trying to get at and clearly didn't achieve was that good health is more important at least to me than weight loss on its own - whats the point in being skinny if you do it in such a way that it makes you frail gaunt and unwell and I say that from the perspective of someone that litterally has done all the worst things to my body to loose weight. Its clearly not a all-in-one solution to good health but being overweight is a very high risk factor for many health problems.

So what I was actually saying was IMHO achieving a state of good health, including getting to and maintaining a healthy weight through good habits might be a positive approach, if you find like me that you become obsessed with the loss and not the health. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me I would just like to put it out there incase it helps someone the way its helping me.

I have to disagree, i am not looking for anything else but weight loss (well i wasnt i am within target now but maintaining is hard) long life, health, sexiness etc etc are not linked to my drive to lose weight. None of those things are gained by losing weight, you dont automatically become healthier, you dont get sexy you dont live longer. Other factors come into play that influence these, some are definitely controllable but some arent and they are not attributable to losing weight. slim girls are not guaranteed to be healthy, sexy and live longer are they?

Morning all. In to report a very unexpected 1.8lb loss this morning so that's my holiday weight gone plus about a half pound more.

Felicity - sorry to hear about your poorly baby - hope things improve soon. I am sure it is this grotty weather that is making folks so sickly of late - I seem to come across people with colds all the time just now :(

Charl - keep your chin up honey. With so much exercise you may well be retaining a bit of water - that or your body might just drawing breath before the next shed load comes off! I know it sounds mad, but try drinking more if you can as it will encourage your body to let go of the ater rather than retain it for muscle protection and repair. Oh, and don't forget to get that tape measure out - I only lost 5lbs in 6 weeks on the shred, but I lost 12.5 inches overall and dropped a jeans size!

Are you having a rest day from the shred? I found it worked best for me doing 2 days shred, 2 days cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day off - it saved me a lot of aching and also seemed to stop me holding on to lots of water in order to repair my poor overworked muscles - it was a real shock to my system I can tell you :eek: Perhaps mix and blend it this week?

They say the above is how JM originally planned the programme, but her marketing gurus reckoned the more hard-a$$ed exercisers would consider it too "easy" and it wouldn't make enough money so it was changed to a 30 day non-stop programme instead. Anyway, just my thoughts..........

Exigous - it's great to see your head is in such a good place. As another former ED sufferer, I know how easy it is to spark off the downward spiral again! In a way I am glad I am now in my 50s and I don't feel the peer pressure I used to so much when I was younger to be thinner and thinner just to feel accepted and in control. Although I am very determined to lose my last 9lbs, my focus is now more on buliding as much lean body mass as I can whilst shifting an acceptable amount of my remaining fat reserves so I stand better chance of maintaining when I get to target and I am now starting to look more at my body fat %tage rather than just what the scales are saying.

Good luck this week everyone!

Last edited:

Ow what a pain!! Maybe it has delayed & will come off next week? I find that happens every now & then. Personally I think you mixing up SW with cc is really good, I've always felt tricking your metabolism is sometimes the key. Stick with it hun!!

Ow what a pain!! Maybe it has delayed & will come off next week? I find that happens every now & then. Personally I think you mixing up SW with cc is really good, I've always felt tricking your metabolism is sometimes the key. Stick with it hun!!

I agree Lisa - I tried zig-zagging calories this week just to see how I did and it seems to have worked. Like you, I don't have much to lose now, and my body is desperately hanging on to every ounce!

Increase in exercising is also partly to blame here as well methinks - my first couple of weeks on the 30DS I actually GAINED weight, but it wasn't fat it was water retention because of the unaccustomed muscle stress, which is why I suggested Charl gets of the tape measure (I know, scarey stuff ;)) and measures inch loss as well as what the scales are saying.

Back