The really slow loss team!

Ok thanks! X

Showing a deserved gain of 2 pound this morning. That's what having a little extra for 5 out of 7 days does. I didn't really go
Mad and haven't binged once, but drank more and ate a little more than I normally would and that's the result. Going for a straight run of no more than 1500 cals a day and no booze til a week sat. Was meant to share a bottle of wine with hubby sat but I'm not going to. I want that 2 pound back off by Friday-official weigh in

Showing a deserved gain of 2 pound this morning. That's what having a little extra for 5 out of 7 days does. I didn't really go
Mad and haven't binged once, but drank more and ate a little more than I normally would and that's the result. Going for a straight run of no more than 1500 cals a day and no booze til a week sat. Was meant to share a bottle of wine with hubby sat but I'm not going to. I want that 2 pound back off by Friday-official weigh in

I'm certain it will come off by Friday Lou, at least some of it. from my experience having a few days with high cals & dropping it to much lower really tricks my metabolism, I'm sure oit's the same for you.

My WI is tomorrow & for once I'm actually looking forward to it. Haven't been able to exercise much as totm has been really painful but I've watched my cal intake so carefully, a few days have actually been a little too low, but I've had a good week of mixing up breakfasts & trying new meals.

I only lost 0.3 kg last week and on Sunday I ate like a pig because it was my boyfriend's brother's birthday and they took us out to eat. I'm terrified to get on the scale! What if it shows a terrible terrible gain!? And my mom is visiting tomorrow for 3 weeks! She's not exactly on board with SW, so it's going to be a living hell! I really feel bad! :(

I only lost 0.3 kg last week and on Sunday I ate like a pig because it was my boyfriend's brother's birthday and they took us out to eat. I'm terrified to get on the scale! What if it shows a terrible terrible gain!? And my mom is visiting tomorrow for 3 weeks! She's not exactly on board with SW, so it's going to be a living hell! I really feel bad! :(

When is your official WI? Don't freak out until then, it may7 not be as bad as you think. BUT if you do gain, at least you'd know why, rather than knowing you've been good & resulting in a gain. Could you still eat SW even though your Mum doesn't?!

tryingto lose, what can you do if it does show a gain?? just get back on it hun, you cant change things now the food went in ha ha ha! honestly stop berrating yourself you ate off plan and you know why you may get a gain. back to it and drink plenty of water

is tuesday your weigh in day Lou? has that changed?

When is your official WI? Don't freak out until then, it may7 not be as bad as you think. BUT if you do gain, at least you'd know why, rather than knowing you've been good & resulting in a gain. Could you still eat SW even though your Mum doesn't?!

I'm doing it alone at home, actually with my boyfriend, but still at home. So technically, my "official" weigh in day is Monday morning. But I was too much of a chicken on Monday so I weighed myself on Sunday. And next week it won't be possible to weigh on Monday because I'll be on vacation, so I will also weigh myself on Sunday then before we leave. At least that's how I am justifying it in my mind! Lame, I know! But at least I am woman enough to admit it!

As for my mother, she has a very specific idea of what and how much people should eat while on a diet and is very vocal about her opinions (as in she won't stop until you do it her way), so I haven't even mentioned that I am doing this. It just saves me all the *****ing and the un-motivating monologues! But with her being here and staying with us, it's going to be tough! I still will do it as good as possible, but it could be that my upcoming weeks won't be 100%. And I am terrified about that!
You know, it's kind of an oxymoron! She's been telling me all my life that I am too fat (even when I wasn't really) and that I have to lose weight, but when it comes to the point when I actively do something about it, she keeps telling me that I am doing it wrong and I'm going to fail! So much for familial support, huh!?

tryingto lose, what can you do if it does show a gain?? just get back on it hun, you cant change things now the food went in ha ha ha! honestly stop berrating yourself you ate off plan and you know why you may get a gain. back to it and drink plenty of water

I'm already back on it! Strong as ever, I just feel bad about it! But you're right! Even if it does show a gain, and even if I do gain on this vacation, I'll get back on it as soon as I'm back. And eventually I'll get there! ... Right?! :confused:

I'm doing it alone at home, actually with my boyfriend, but still at home. So technically, my "official" weigh in day is Monday morning. But I was too much of a chicken on Monday so I weighed myself on Sunday. And next week it won't be possible to weigh on Monday because I'll be on vacation, so I will also weigh myself on Sunday then before we leave. At least that's how I am justifying it in my mind! Lame, I know! But at least I am woman enough to admit it!

As for my mother, she has a very specific idea of what and how much people should eat while on a diet and is very vocal about her opinions (as in she won't stop until you do it her way), so I haven't even mentioned that I am doing this. It just saves me all the *****ing and the un-motivating monologues! But with her being here and staying with us, it's going to be tough! I still will do it as good as possible, but it could be that my upcoming weeks won't be 100%. And I am terrified about that!
You know, it's kind of an oxymoron! She's been telling me all my life that I am too fat (even when I wasn't really) and that I have to lose weight, but when it comes to the point when I actively do something about it, she keeps telling me that I am doing it wrong and I'm going to fail! So much for familial support, huh!?

Sorry to hear how your Mum is, its really hard to keep motivated when the people closest to you don't support you or your choices. But saying that, it is your choice, what you eat is up to you & it's your life, you need to put your foot down. If she's visiting you then its your ground & you should do as you please! If you KNOW sw is good & right for you then it doesn't matter one bit what she thinks about what you should be eating, you know SW is a healthy lifestyle so stick with it. Plus if you give in to what she says then in a few weeks you'll only be regretting some food choices & wishing you'd stuck to your guns! Stick with what is good & will make you lose weight, not what's right in someone else's mind.

tryingtolose, you will feel bad but use that negative feeling to get right back on it. as for your mum....why do people think they can sabbotage others wishes??? you are sacrificing your wishes in favour of your mums. Lisa is right, who feels worse for eating off plan? you do my love, surely it is worth standing your ground, but that is if you want to?

How can anyone say SW is wrong of all the eating plans it's really does give you the most balanced diet. Limiting sugar, dairy and carbs and eating as much lean meat, fruit and veg as possible. Its pretty much what any health professional would advise anyone to eat. The whole ethos of the diet is educate people about balance and control. Parents always think they know best, just ignore her and do what's best for you, and if she criticises you tell her you are perfectly able to make your own decisions and sometimes it's best to examine yourself before criticising others. And like someone said its your house so your rules. Xxx

I am in some disagreement with you charlie, it doesnt educate about portion sizes nor does it limit carbs really. I find that frustrating because It doesnt tell you that you have to exercise some control over eating carbs all day long. i gained weight when i first started because of poor education from my C. never did she tell me to stop when full, allot of people make the same mistake. but i agree with you on mums interrupting ! its bonkers

I know this has nothing to do with you charl but this is a fine example of how this class is sold, here is an advert on my intranet at work for a new class......slimming world for 100% confidentiality and zero humiliation! Just tons of support available 24/7
Eat as much as you like, you will never go hungry! Also no foods are forbidden, even fish and chips
Choose your own personnal target weight, there is no pressure or no one telling you how much you should weigh!
Fabulous, filling meals the whole family can enjoy!

technically the advert is misleading isnt it? tons of support? eat as much as you like? you will never go hungry? no fodds forbidden? even fish and chips? that winds me up because you dont always get tons of support, you cant eat as much as you like, you do go hungry and you cant eat fish and chips!!!! okay boiled fish and par roasted oven chips maybe but not drooly fatty fish and chips. can you tell this advert has got my back up ??

I am in some disagreement with you charlie, it doesnt educate about portion sizes nor does it limit carbs really. I find that frustrating because It doesnt tell you that you have to exercise some control over eating carbs all day long. i gained weight when i first started because of poor education from my C. never did she tell me to stop when full, allot of people make the same mistake. but i agree with you on mums interrupting ! its bonkers

I know this has nothing to do with you charl but this is a fine example of how this class is sold, here is an advert on my intranet at work for a new class......slimming world for 100% confidentiality and zero humiliation! Just tons of support available 24/7
Eat as much as you like, you will never go hungry! Also no foods are forbidden, even fish and chips
Choose your own personnal target weight, there is no pressure or no one telling you how much you should weigh!
Fabulous, filling meals the whole family can enjoy!

technically the advert is misleading isnt it? tons of support? eat as much as you like? you will never go hungry? no fodds forbidden? even fish and chips? that winds me up because you dont always get tons of support, you cant eat as much as you like, you do go hungry and you cant eat fish and chips!!!! okay boiled fish and par roasted oven chips maybe but not drooly fatty fish and chips. can you tell this advert has got my back up ??

I agree & disagree. Personally I don't really feel SW should state "eat as much as you like" as obviously that would never lead to weightloss. I remember years ago the motto was "eat a sink bowl full of pasta & still lose weight". At the time I thought that sounded crazy but in truith no one would ever eat that much, but the thing is you can eat pasta in large amounts & still lose. I've only come across us few ladies who have to limit our carbs to be honest, I know tons & tons of people who do SW by the book & it works for them every week. They can eat SW food & as much as they want & yes they lose the weight. For me eating loads of carbs everyday doesn't work, but for the majority it does, so that's proably why SW feel it's fitting to state motto's like that. It's about learning to adapt, if you want fish & chips make your own healthy version, someone at my first class used to eating SW chips almost everyday & lose around 3lb every single week! (Lucky so & so....!) ;)

When I joined SW I didn't get a welcome meeting, who knows why! So I pretty had to learn it on my own. I really feel that if you're serious about a "diet" you wouldn't go into SW thinking that you'd eat anything in sight that was Free just because it's Free. I'm sure we all know that no food is unlimited & given that I had to help from my C I just used my head & knew that enough is enough when it comes to some food. I have to admit I've ever been someone to eat & eat until I'm stuffed, or even full, I never do that. I eat what I want & what I'm happy with. I really feel that if you do SW & eat until you're so full you can't eat anymore, you really aren't thinking deeply enough about food quantities. Even though I didn't have SW explained to me there's only so much they suggest anyway. Yes in principle you should be able to fill up on Free food with Superfree & syns etc & lose the weight but for some of us its not that simple, but for tons that I know it does work like that. So in theory everything SW advertises works for the majority which is why they feel it is ok to advertise as such.

I feel like that sounded like a rant, it wasn't!! :)

Pom, I am off to Majorca, can you tell me what to look out for eg : smimmed milk,ff yog,low fat mayo? Thanks Ann

Check out the slimming world overseas forum there is Spanish stuff on there.

Well 0.5lb back on I didn't drink whilst I was away and calorie counting about 1500 but only two days still averaged about 1300 a day once exercise taken into consideration so meh

Back