The really slow loss team!

Havent had time to post much since i got back from holidays but im pleased to report a loss of 4lbs this week (never lost 4lbs in a week before). im starting to get back on track after my huge holiday weight gain xx

Just thinking about the carb situation - being carb addicted is not just in your head. You actually do get withdrawls when you cut them out. Noones going to say its easy but you can reduce your carb intake by replacing things like pasta with spagetti made from squash - roast it in the oven for 40 minutes and then scrape out spagetti strips with a fork, try slicing root veg thinly and raost them in the oven with a small amount of olive or coconut oil and some herbs. Its not for everyone but I use big lettuce leaves filled with faijta flavoured stir fry and a little natural yoghurt cause I LOVE mexican food.
Maybe just cutting down on starchier carbs will help reduce the cravings but help you get your head around it - millet, quinoa and couscous are all tasty options you can even make muffins from quinoa!

audfen said:
Havent had time to post much since i got back from holidays but im pleased to report a loss of 4lbs this week (never lost 4lbs in a week before). im starting to get back on track after my huge holiday weight gain xx

Yay!!!! Thats amazing!!! :) how much did you gain on holiday? Xx

Woop-woop!!! Well done you. It took me 2 weeks to shift my 3.6lbs holiday weight so you have done much better than me! Hopefully you should be back to square one next week - good on you :D

Woop-woop!!! Well done you. It took me 2 weeks to shift my 3.6lbs holiday weight so you have done much better than me! Hopefully you should be back to square one next week - good on you :D

Ive just worked out that it took me 9 weeks to get that 8.5 gain off, ugh!!

LisaC said:
Lou - how's your little girl doing?

She we t for physio assessment and is now on the waiting list for special boots and physio, her development assessment is in 3 weeks and I rang hospital about her MRI and some twit didn't 'see it' on the letter so I have to wait for the dr to get back from her holiday before anything happens there do could be another 2 months for that. Good old nhs.

LisaC said:

But it's off, and that's definitely a step in the right direction, and you've been getting regular losses lately too :) always a silver lining (I like to believe!)

Evening peeps - I haven't read back as I've been mad busy since I got home on Sunday! But thought I'd come and report in.

Well after my gain of 1.1 kg (2½ lbs) last week and they jetting back to "sunny" England I was dreading WI on Monday.
I've had sarnies and all sorts of nasties (including loads of chocky digestives which I don't normally eat) whilst I've been at mums as we've been trying to eat our way through the freezer

Well errr - I miraculouly lost 1.7 kg (3¾ lbs).
But I was very bloated before I went after a big chinese, paella and spag bol! (Not all on the same day I hasten to add!).
That puts me at just 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) over target and back in range. Yippeeeeeeee

So I'm over on the naughty step for anyone who wants a drink. Wine waiting here for you all or the odd vodka and diet coke if you prefer.

I'm at the apartment tomorrow doing a turnaround but I'll try and catch up later in the evening.

Well done on fantastic losses folks :)
Well, I have maintained for a year now!! Lol. This would be ok of I wasn't trying to lose. Ha ha. Pleased I can maintain , but thinking I have to change some things to get going again. Cycling lots and lots and trying to snack less!!
Have a great day
T x

Ah well done!! Nearly 4lbs is an amazing loss! I think we might have to rename the group soon as we all seem to be having breakthroughs and losses lately. Go team! Haha!

I'm super hungry and not sleeping well, fell asleep about 11:45, woke up at 4:30 as I was dreaming about food and realised the bf was home from work, and had made pasta and the smell was like heaven, not been able to get back to sleep so trying not to eat until 9am otherwise I'll use my packs up too early, definitely controlling my hunger better, but feel quite bloated this morning, which is weird. I had an extra pack yesterday as I did a massive 2 hour walk with the kids plus park so my net cals was only 245 which is nothing. Hoping it's not going to stop me gettin into ketosis as I need the hunger to go away soon or it's going to get really hard.

Oof! Sorry guys, what a rant. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about this diet stuff as bf is clearly sick of me banging on about it! Poor fella!

Soo, day 3 for me, been 100% on the plan although had extra pack, at least I didn't deviate and have 'proper' food!

Have a good day everyone. 67mins and counting til breakie time!! Xx

I have a feeling I am on track for a gain this week - I have felt TOTALLY bloated since the wedding last weekend and my belly looks ENORMOUS despite all being OK in the number two department :mad: so it looks like my good run might be about to end (again!). Thankfully I don't have scales to confirm or deny my suspicions otherwise I might just have a bit of a binge if it was bad........... don't know why, but i am feeling very down the last few days for no apparent reason!

Lily (my lovely Dobie) is going in for an operation to remove a big (hopefully benign) lump in her throat later on this morning so I will have to make sure I don't just graze all day whilst I worry about her :(

Evening peeps - I haven't read back as I've been mad busy since I got home on Sunday! But thought I'd come and report in.

Well after my gain of 1.1 kg (2½ lbs) last week and they jetting back to "sunny" England I was dreading WI on Monday.
I've had sarnies and all sorts of nasties (including loads of chocky digestives which I don't normally eat) whilst I've been at mums as we've been trying to eat our way through the freezer

But I was very bloated before I went after a big chinese, paella and spag bol! (Not all on the same day I hasten to add!).
That puts me at just 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) over target and back in range. Yippeeeeeeee

So I'm over on the naughty step for anyone who wants a drink. Wine waiting here for you all or the odd vodka and diet coke if you prefer.

I'm at the apartment tomorrow doing a turnaround but I'll try and catch up later in the evening.

Woo-hoo........ great loss :D All the moving an shaking at Mum's house probably counteracted those digestives :D

oh annya, she will be fine and i will be thinking about you.

lou, which consultant is it at Hull? just curious as we work with the consultants and nurses there and who on earth is on holiday for 2 months??

welcome back pommy, and well done of the chocolate digestive diet !! if it works i may try it.....ha!

woo well done on the loss!!! ill have a gin and slimline please :)

Ah well done!! Nearly 4lbs is an amazing loss! I think we might have to rename the group soon as we all seem to be having breakthroughs and losses lately. Go team! Haha!

I'm super hungry and not sleeping well, fell asleep about 11:45, woke up at 4:30 as I was dreaming about food and realised the bf was home from work, and had made pasta and the smell was like heaven, not been able to get back to sleep so trying not to eat until 9am otherwise I'll use my packs up too early, definitely controlling my hunger better, but feel quite bloated this morning, which is weird. I had an extra pack yesterday as I did a massive 2 hour walk with the kids plus park so my net cals was only 245 which is nothing. Hoping it's not going to stop me gettin into ketosis as I need the hunger to go away soon or it's going to get really hard.

Oof! Sorry guys, what a rant. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about this diet stuff as bf is clearly sick of me banging on about it! Poor fella!

Soo, day 3 for me, been 100% on the plan although had extra pack, at least I didn't deviate and have 'proper' food!

Have a good day everyone. 67mins and counting til breakie time!! Xx

ooh less than 300 cals a day...rather you than me hun id be in a pit of despair lol

I have a feeling I am on track for a gain this week - I have felt TOTALLY bloated since the wedding last weekend and my belly looks ENORMOUS despite all being OK in the number two department :mad: so it looks like my good run might be about to end (again!). Thankfully I don't have scales to confirm or deny my suspicions otherwise I might just have a bit of a binge if it was bad........... don't know why, but i am feeling very down the last few days for no apparent reason!

Lily (my lovely Dobie) is going in for an operation to remove a big (hopefully benign) lump in her throat later on this morning so I will have to make sure I don't just graze all day whilst I worry about her :(

:( sorry your feeling down hun, do you think its this hot weather? cos i feel really swollen and my belly is massive too and ive not eaten anymore or anything different than usual. i hope your lily is ok...fingers crossed x

Lou - ugh some people are just not efficient enough to be working in hospitals! I hope they can get back to you sooner than when the Dr is back. It's ot easy waiting to hear.

Pom - WOW what a loss!!!! :) :) :)

Charl - give yourself a few more days & I'm sure you'll be feeling better, totally cutting down really takes it out of you but as long as you're in the right frame of mind you'll be determined to stick to it & yoiu'll get used to it.

Annya - I hope Lily gets on well :) hugs

Well my winning streak has come to an end, I STS this week. I'm chuffed to have lost 5lb in two weeks but I was gutted not to lose today. I know my body becomes complacent quickly but I've mixed things up so much & already 3 weeks into combining SW with calorie counting I've STS. I did have a littel cheat day last Wed but by Fri I'd already pulled that back & when I'm watching my calories it never catches up, I mix it up too well. As I said I'd been monitoring my weight & Sat was showing a 0.5 loss but by Sunday that was back on & it stayed the same since then. I really wanted that 0.5 to get my 1.5st :( Sticking with it this week but I'm out for dinner Sat & at a friends for dinner Mon, she's doing SW so I'll have to have lower calories the days around those & hopefully that will trick my body.

This weekend I found it SO hard to drink, I don't know why considering how hot it's been. Sat-Mon I only had a few glasses a day but yesterday I drank tons, do you think that could have had any effect?? It was only a few days of drinking less. I'm not looking for excuses, I'm just a little baffled as to how on average I've taken in around 1200 a day & not lost?

Lou - ugh some people are just not efficient enough to be working in hospitals! I hope they can get back to you sooner than when the Dr is back. It's ot easy waiting to hear.

Pom - WOW what a loss!!!! :) :) :)

Charl - give yourself a few more days & I'm sure you'll be feeling better, totally cutting down really takes it out of you but as long as you're in the right frame of mind you'll be determined to stick to it & yoiu'll get used to it.

Annya - I hope Lily gets on well :) hugs

Well my winning streak has come to an end, I STS this week. I'm chuffed to have lost 5lb in two weeks but I was gutted not to lose today. I know my body becomes complacent quickly but I've mixed things up so much & already 3 weeks into combining SW with calorie counting I've STS. I did have a littel cheat day last Wed but by Fri I'd already pulled that back & when I'm watching my calories it never catches up, I mix it up too well. As I said I'd been monitoring my weight & Sat was showing a 0.5 loss but by Sunday that was back on & it stayed the same since then. I really wanted that 0.5 to get my 1.5st :( Sticking with it this week but I'm out for dinner Sat & at a friends for dinner Mon, she's doing SW so I'll have to have lower calories the days around those & hopefully that will trick my body.

This weekend I found it SO hard to drink, I don't know why considering how hot it's been. Sat-Mon I only had a few glasses a day but yesterday I drank tons, do you think that could have had any effect?? It was only a few days of drinking less. I'm not looking for excuses, I'm just a little baffled as to how on average I've taken in around 1200 a day & not lost?

i know the binge was a week ago but it could still have had an effect, when i was doing sw i had a 'off' night on weigh in night and id rarely lose that week. how many cals did you have on your night off? not drinking water wont help either hun, you could be bloated from that and the heat.

Oooohhhh I bet the heats why I'm so bloated too!! Didn't think of that, I retain water so badly since I was pregnant. X

Back