The really slow loss team!

Yeah! So many people on our team! This just goes to show that loosing under 2 lbs a week and under 1 lb a week is normal. Lots of us go slow :)
We must count other victories too. Food no longer has the power over us, we do: we are improving our health and taking back our lives. No more guilt!!

Even more hugs to those of you with pcos and on medications. You have a more challenging ride, but it can be done.

Have a great 100% day
Tracy xx
well, said tracy

I can really relate to that Lou - but mine is menopausal rather than period driven! I woke up this morning wanting to eat my own arm off and I am REALLY having to fight the urge to go and binge on whatever I can find inthe cupboards (downside of working from home!)........ it's been along time since I felt like this..... :17729: :eatdrink023:

Never mind lovie, chin up and back on the wagon. Have a big hug..............

:bighug: :hug99: :grouphugg:

i feel shocking still, a massive headache, stupid wine!!!im not weighing in this week, im just getting too stressed by it all, and if i see the gain i know i have i think it will tip me over the edge. ill be in a better frame of mind next week once totm is over with, im just going to do my best, make sure i dont binge and try really hard to get back on it, im not going to try make up for the damage ive done, theres no point its just making me feel worse. and im going to do the unspeakable...im going to have pasta for my tea...a measured controlled portion of course, btu i think it will stop me snacking later if i just have controlled carbs within my plan

hi ladies...im back on the wagon....i went to bed mega early last night and spent yesterday re assessing everything, so today im back on it properly, i need to weigh in to assess the damage, really not looking forward to it but it will serve me right, not sure i can get to town today as im working but im going to try, if not ill go in morning. im on a bit of a detox, off to get some more of my herbal remedies and im drinking hot water with lemon to cleanse my system...whats that tea called that helps you go to the loo?

well done lou :) its ok to fall off as sometimes is just gets a bit tiresome being so concerned and consumed by our weightloss journeys. But as long as you pick yourself back up its ok. Theres been quite a few times I've expected really bad scales results but usually just STS, let us know how you get on, I hope its not as bad as you think.

I had a very bad day yesterday, I didn't cheat, just struggled with hunger again, back on form today though, and feeling really positive for the weekend and sticking to my plans. only 9 days left until refeed anyway, yay! xx

Yesterday was a really bad day for me. I hadn't been feeling well since mid afternoon & I felt like I was starving all day, nothing I ate filled me up or felt substantial, I drank lots too. I was in a really blah mood, not sure why. Anyway I was home alone last night & ate two double decker bars, two!! They're 14syns each & I'd already had my 15 for the day. I also had a small bowl of muesli. My whole intake yesterday was about 1200 over what I should have had!!! It's weird as I was feeling so odd & really wanted it & to be honest I don't regret it. I just hope that big lapse doesn't affect next WI too much. I'm still feeling weak & rubbish today. Going to do some exercise in a bit as that always makes me feel better. I've bought Jillian's "killer buns & thighs" DVD. No doubt it will kill me!!

This days getting worse. I put on my new Jillian DVD & found every other bit impossibly hard. I still ache from a workout Wed so it was impossible so I put on a Davina workout. After 10 minutes I felt bored so put on another & just gave up. I never give up on exercise & it's the only thing that takes my mind off any things I have going on. Not sure where my head is today, I think I'm still really annoyed with myself for going above & beyond last night. I can't make it up, it was just too much. I drew a line under yesterday but sill feel rubbish today. I'm utterly cheesed off :(

aww lisa, don't be so hard on yourself, you've just got yourself into a little psychological meh, you're annoyed at yourself and its making you despondent, just have a day off the exercise, have a really good sleep, you can't take back what you ate, and its not that bad love, just cut back on syns for a few days and it'll balance out.

Do something totally not diet related, have a nice bath and give yourself a manicure, or a facial or something, something else thats not weight related but is treating yourself in a way thats not food, or even go for a massage or something, and I'm sure it'll sort you out. I feel crap about this diet at the mo, I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week, which is ridiculous as just from lack of cals I should lose something. So we'll see on monday I guess. I'm going to go give myself a manicure now, have a coke zero and read a trashy mag, as when I read about Jordan or some other awful celeb I always feel better about myself! xx

Jordan doesn't inspire you then Charl? Hahaha. You are right. I text a friend & she said that we all lose our self-control at times & that's what has made me angry, I may have a day off every now & then but I never ever lose my self-control on days where I'm sticking to plan. The last couple of days I've been wound up thinking that every single day revolves around food & scales & how much I can/can't have & I think I'm feeling a bit apathetic & all that combined has put my head in a bad place. I have been invited to a pampered chef do tonight but it's not my sort of thing. I'm one of those people that when I just don't want to do something no one can make me. I'm a nightmare at times ;)

I really feel like having a lazy evening watching a film. Your advice is spot on :)

Im sure you'll have lost again this week, maybe not as much but a loss I'm certain! X

Lisa I have been like it all
Week. It's * week for me but it never affects me as bad as this week did. I lost
Motivation and then lost heart. I still cc but was o over and last night I had a last supper, I had the pizza I craved ALL week and went
To
Bed early. Made a plan and today I feel
Better. I'm even going to do couch to 5k when kids are in bed, I e had minimal cals and I'm back to normal.....I am sure it will be the same for you, of you tell yourself to be perfect ALL the time and don't make way for the fact some days you'll be less ylthan perfect you'll be disappointed and deemed to failure , no one is perfect, you had a
Minor slip up 1200 cals extra for a one off over the week would hardly affect anything. If you keep on having extra it will. Put it
Into perspective and just keep fighting it will get easier again

Well after reading Charl's post I changed my frame of mind & went to the pampered chef do, im glad as it was a big group of my friends & I hadn't seen some in so long.

We all sat around a big table which was covered with about 10 packets of crisps, doritos & popcorn. I said I wouldn't have any as I really love crisps & I wouldn't stop at one. Anyway somehow a tortilla crisp made its way into my mouth....oh boy I didn't stop after that!! I really don't now whats in my head or why I'm doing it! It's not * week or anything so I'm blaming it on lack of self-control, nothing else, I just seem to be craving things & having them. Which isn't always a bad thing I guess.

My mind frame is much better today so determined to work out in a little while. I watched GB rowing this morning & feel inspired to give my all ;) there's no way I can carry on the way I've been for a few days, that last gain of 8.5lb took 9 weeks to lose & I am NOT going back there again!!

How did the rest of your weekend go Lisa?? Did you get back to plan? Sorry if my advice made you go out and blow a load of cals! haha, although I suspect it might have done you some good to get out with your pals, sometimes its good to just go do things you don't really fancy and you might just be nicely surprised!

My weekend has been fairly quiet, took the kids to the Lorax yesterday, it was brilliant, they loved it, we loved it, total hit, avoided all bad foods and had a protein bar and a coffee, despite my bf spend £10 on pick and mix (FOR HIMSELF!! he didn't even share with the kids!) and eating an extra large hot dog. greedy goat! Then just chilled and watched loads of sport the rest of the weekend, going to do a big house tidy soon if I can bring myself to stop watching the tennis! its been amazing today. GO TEAM GB! xxx

Hey Charl :) I think your advice made me realise I needed a night doing something for myself that didn't revolve around me obsessing over calories...so although I did overindulge I actually didn't regret it at all! Sat & Sun I've actually been great, somehow I've eaten a little under what I should have. Yesterday I burned 600cals but took it easier today, legs ache! Lol.

Ah I've seen that advertised! Looks funny. Ooh I love cinema pick'n'mix. And the bags of minstrels. Ooh the minstrels ;)

Two weeks ago I couldn't care less about the Olympics, I've never been interested what so ever. But now I'm addicted to it! These are true athletes & they're incredible. I've been in tears more than once!!

Evening chicas - life really hectic for me at the mo. Not managing to read ANYTHING but my own fred.
The debtors on our housing community combined with moving my mum is taking up all my time.
So until she is moved I won't be very active on here so please forgive me for not posting, commenting and "liking".

I'll try and post my WI every week - but can't even guarantee that!

Good luck everyone and keep heading downwards!

Last edited:
Back