The really slow loss team!

Hi Lisa. All OK with me - just VERY busy at work just now! Steroid increase is kicking in and all my jeans are really tight on the waist now..... bummer :(

Shin splints feel a bit better today so I am hoping to be able to get back to some power walking by the weekend, until then I will just be very hungry as I can't exercise to earn more calories :rolleyes:

Hi Lisa. All OK with me - just VERY busy at work just now! Steroid increase is kicking in and all my jeans are really tight on the waist now..... bummer :(

Shin splints feel a bit better today so I am hoping to be able to get back to some power walking by the weekend, until then I will just be very hungry as I can't exercise to earn more calories :rolleyes:

Will it balance out once you're body is used to the increase Annya?

Will it balance out once you're body is used to the increase Annya?

Sadly no, I will gain about half a stone which I will have to add to the 11lbs I still have to lose. I suspect by the end of Spetember it will be more like 16-18lbs :(

I am afraid it is an occupational hazard at this time of year - I cannot afford to get a bad viral or bacterial infection as I am medically immunosuppressed and it could kill me (literally!).

I was hoping to have got to target by now so I would only have the increase to contend with, but it wasn't to be and, in all honesty, I think it was always a pipe dream rather than realistic goal! Still, I am 25lbs lighter than I was 18 months ago, and that is an achievement in itself!

Last edited:

Sadly no, I will gain about half a stone which I will have ot add to the 11lbs I still have to lose. I suspect by the end of Spetember it will be more like 16-18lbs :(

I am afraid it is an occupational hazard at thsi time of year - I cannot afford to get a bad viral or bacterial infection as I am medically immunosuppressed and it could kill me (literally!).

I was hoping to have got to target by now so I would only have the increase to contend with, but it wasn't to be and, in all honesty, I think it was always a pipe dream rather than realistic goal! Still, I am 25lbs lighter than I was 18 months ago, and that is an achievement in itself!

Ow :( Well when it comes to health we have to put that ahead of our own goals don't we. Best to know you'll gain a little weight & not put your life in danger. Hopefully it will balance out somewhere & you'll be able to get back into it ok & get nearer your target. A 25lb loss is a HUGE achievement!! I've actually lost 27.5lb in 17 months so we're similar! It's a lot to be proud of :)

Annya! I liked the 25lb less bit of that, obviously not the other bit about bacterial stuff killing you! Just to clarify!

Hey ladies, well I'm back form Thailand, got back about 1am sat after a mammoth 28 hours of travelling home, was pretty intense, and has totally screwed my sleeping ability and patterns. Best holiday ever, saw quite a bit in just 2.5weeks, but a lot of travelling round, totally fallen in love with koh tao and would happily move there tomorrow back to my beautiful hut overlooking the lush beach and cabanas.

So before I left I didn't get a chance to check my weight and see if I gained in my refeed (they say you will put on 4lbs water weight back on anyway, plus maybe a little extra, but that should drop off week 2 WI) sooo, after doing the vlcd, I didn't really watch what I ate at all on hols, I think my only redeeming fact was we only ate breakfast and dinner and didn't snack. As I weighed myself today and have only gained 2lbs in 3 weeks, which considering the vlcd says I will gain 4 in water, is pretty awesome, and i've been away and drunk/eaten a mixture of really good and reeeeally bad food! So super happy, and after having sat off as we took the kids out for lunch to catch up on what we've all been doing gotten straight back to plan, going to try doing SW red days as much as poss, and today went fine. Yday did EE just as it was good to get back into meal planning and SW mindset, now am determined to get that 2lbs back off this week, I guess since its been so long since I did SW properly, maybe it'll be like first week again, so fingers crossed an ok loss! oooo also my body fat has dropped by 2% so despite the gain in weight it seems to be muscle and not fat.. which is good. otherwise I'd assume my bodyfat index would go up? I am bang inbetween average and good now. yay.

Anyway, everyone seems to have been pretty down, but you all seem to be back on the more positive scale again, so I'm really happy for you all, and the losses I've just caught up on, even small are better than nothing!

Hope Al's doing better Annya, and Lisa ur ok. And Lou you are getting there with sorting out the awful period stuff that seems to torment u, and am so impressed with all the things you do, you must be falling into bed every night shattered. The vlcd definitely messed me up a little, I started getting pretty bad migraines when I was away and I found I couldn't really drink alcohol the first week at all as I got very bad ones when I tried, then seemed to sort myself the 2nd week back on normal eating, and feel ok now, still pretty lethargic from it all though I think, and quite weak. Makes me concerned for people who do them long term, the 4 weeks for me was great but I definitely won't be doing one again, as I think I've learnt my lessons from it.

Anyway, hope you are all well.

Oh and Bev if you are on anytime soon, you have rental properties in Spain don't you?? I want to take the family away next month (oct half term) and wondered the best way to look for apartments (value/location/cheap flights etc) I thought you may have some advise if I have gotten that right.

xx

Good to have you back Charl :)

Glad you enjoyed yourself, some of the most amazing holiday photos I've seen are from Thailand. I'd give anything to visit the tiger sanctuaries. Only 2lb on is brilliant, I'm sure it will come off soon enough if you get back into the swing of things x

Last week i was in hospital so i gained 4lb eek! But got weighed this week and lost 1.5lb :) xx

DRUMROLL......2.5lb off, that's two weeks in a row :D

I've now lost over 2st & I'm 2.5lb away from being in the healthy bmi bracket, I've never been there!

I changed my MFP settings last week to 2lb a week so I guess that must be working. I fly to Egypt on the 27th & my goal was to get to 10'12 by then & I'm now 10'10, chuffed doesn't even cover it :)

LisaC said:

I've now lost over 2st & I'm 2.5lb away from being in the healthy bmi bracket, I've never been there!

I changed my MFP settings last week to 2lb a week so I guess that must be working. I fly to Egypt on the 27th & my goal was to get to 10'12 by then & I'm now 10'10, chuffed doesn't even cover it :)

Well done!!!! :-D

LisaC said:

Wow that is awesome hun well done :) what an achievement :) xx

yey!!!! well done Lisa, super duper proud of you xxxx

Thanks ladies :) I really feel like I'm getting somewhere & doing well consistently, which I've never ever had doing just SW. I actually look forward to WI! :O

Evening Chicas - sorry I've not been around for a while but as you know I've been to'ing and fro'ing to the UK moving my mum into a retirement home.

Weighed in yesterday morning after getting home on Wednesday night and I'd gained just ½ lb in the 10 days away. But that had gone by this morning - so was probably water retention due to flight. So effecively I've managed to maintain whilst I was away from home for 10 days.

Pretty happy with that.

Last edited:
Oh and Bev if you are on anytime soon, you have rental properties in Spain don't you?? I want to take the family away next month (oct half term) and wondered the best way to look for apartments (value/location/cheap flights etc) I thought you may have some advise if I have gotten that right.

xx
Hi Charl - yes we do have a couple of apartments in Spain.
Go and have a look at the private rental websites like
Holiday Lettings » Holiday Rentals, Villas, Apartments, Cottages or
Holiday rentals and private villas and apartments worldwide.
or
Holiday Rentals, Villas, Holiday Lettings & Cottages | HomeAway

On Holiday Lettings and Holiuday Rentals you can certainly put a budget in once you've done a basic trawl.

Re flights - you're just going to have to search for them by airline and find the cheapest I'm afraid. The comparison websites don't have all the airlines in and don't usually come up with the cheapest flights. RyanAir (spit spit) often has the cheapest ones but try Jet2, Monarch and EasyJet. Thomson, First Choice and Thomas Cook are all blumin' expensive. But you'll find all half-term flight very expensive.

Thank you! Brilliant advice! Cheapest flights I can get is to Majorca by the looks of it. But brilliant I'll have a look at those sites. Congrats on maintaining, that's brilliant :) xx

Well done all slow losers !! I am finally under ten stone :) sp happy. Lost 2 stone 8 lbs over 18 months. Very very slow! Was at 10.5 for about a year yo yoing! Judd for last 5/6 weeks lost 5 lbs. I am going to keep going with it for now. New target 9.8 but that can be revised up if loss slows down too much again!
Slow but worth it :)

Back