The Red Veggie

Very exciting about Christmas on the beach :D

The noodles sound brilliant!x

This evening I took my scales downstairs and tried them out in a variety of places. Bearing in mind the last time I weighed myself in the bathroom I was 71.7 last Sunday, my weight fluctuated from 61.1 to 75.5 leaving me in a very unnerving position of not knowing how much I weigh! Interestingly enough I weighed more on a hard surface thn carpet...

Not sure what to do with my scales. Perhaps they need a new battery?

cheekychinchilla said:
Very exciting about Christmas on the beach :D

The noodles sound brilliant!x

Yes they do seem to be. I have opened th pasta penne to make lunch for tomorrow. These are a little odd as they are bigger and thicker but again for 14 cals I could easily get used to them! I have mixed tomato purée with garlic bread seasoning and left them to soak up the flavours overnight.

Been a heavy weekend with final birthday / leaving celebrations for my dad who is moving back abroad.

It has included Sunday roasts, pizza and cream cakes. However I'm hoping the good week I had last week will offset it a bit. I don't think I will weigh myself until next week just to make sure..

So back to it today. 7 weeks to Thailand. 1/2 stone would be nice. 10 would be nicer...

cheekychinchilla said:
Is your Dad going to Thailand or does he live somewhere else? sounds like the naughty foods were justified tho. Hope you had a nice weekend with your Dad :)

Hope you get your half a stone .... or ten! ;) x

He lives in Thailand and I had a lovely weekend thank you.

Yesterday was ok. Can't quite remember what I had as it was a v long day but I'm pretty sure it was ok

Today

Pitta, red onion sausage heb 240 cals

Apple

Carrot

Soya stew with eat water penne 350 cals

Leeks, courgette and asparagus gratin (sauce made with yoghurt and cheese ) HEA x 2 400 cals

Trifle 10 syns 200 cals

About 1200 cals

Baby bel, coop pitta and mushrooms toasted heb / HEA 250 cals

Mugshot sweet and sour syns? Or call to a green day? 200 cals

Banana 100 cals

Feta salad with olives 250 cals

Orange,apple, carrot, plums 150 cals

Yoghurt & strawberries 100 cals

Total 1050 cals

Oh dear. That's not much. Will need to watch that.

Forgot to add the freddo in yesterday...

Today I am tired and emotional. Busy day at work which is good as it keeps my mind off food...

Scrambled egg in a coop pitta heb plus 1 syn for the butter bud 270 cals

Coop pitta with quorn chunks in a yoghurt chive dressing 230 cals

Small banana 100 cals

Stir fry cabbage, leek and eat water noodles with soy sauce 50 cals

Stir fry mushrooms with garlic 20 cals

Tofu baked with Thai marinade 340 cals 2 syns

Trifle 10 syns 200 cals.

Total approx 1200 cals

I'm really enjoying the water noodles. Well enjoying may not be the right word as I cant taste them - very similar to glass noodles - but I am enjoying the fullness they give without the cals. I might try the penne in an omelette tomorrow for brekkie.

cheekychinchilla said:
The noodles do sound interesting. Hope the penne is ok :)

Hmmmm - the penne in the omelette was just about palatable but I can safely say I prefer the noodles! I might try the rice tomorrow. Apparently this stuff can be bought from Asian supermarkets - called shirataki noodles so ill have a shufti next time I'm near one.

Longley farm c/cheese 250 cals

Cheese and eat water penne omelette with onion and tomato 300 cals HEA

Low low cheese spread nuked and poured on steamed broccoli. Spicy dry fried mushrooms 300 cals HEA pls 6 syns

Low fat Greek yoghurt flavoured with vanilla essence and Splenda poured on fresh strawberries 120 cals

Plums, oranges 50 cals

Today I forgot my raw carrot.

Low cals again today but will make up for it tomorrow with 600 cals of glorious pink wine...

Whoop whoop Saturdays

Brekkie

Eat water penne in omelette with 3 x babybel hea 250

Lunch

Eat water rice, veggie day chicken burgers and cabbage 200

Tea red onion sausage x 2 beans and tomato casserole 350 total cals

Carrot, apple z100cal

WW crumble plus yoghurt 250 cals

Wine 800 cals

Total 1950 cals

Not bad considering...

The eat water rice works well. I had stir fried veggies and some chickeny burgers on top.

Still not tried the fettuccini - still struggling with the penne. I tried it in omelette and I must admit it was better once it had been left overnight and dried out a bit - the consistency otherwise is like slimy, dead squid. Or what I would imagine slimy, dead squid would be like. I might try it in a creamy sauce - I have a pot of WW creme fraiche which was reduced to 29p at Tesco yesterday. Once my eat water stock have gone I won't be spending £2.55 a packet from the website! Although I would check out Asiana for shirataki noodles.

WI - lost 0.7kg - although my scales are a bit dodgy. I think I need to put a new battery in them.

I think this is about 1.5lb so a good start.

Had a bit if a green day today..

Beans and red onion sausages 300 cals

Balsamic tomatoes

Leeks in low low chilli spread sauce 300 cals HEA x 2

BNS mash, peas and quorn steaks in mushroom sauce (made with ff fromage frais) 450 cals

Chocolate 60 cals 3 syns

WW warm crumble with vanilla flavoured yoghurt 200 cals 8 syns

About 1350 cals today / 11 syns

cheekychinchilla said:
The pasta sounds vile :jelous:

Well done for WI :D

It s vile! Ill be happy when its gone. Strange but the fettuccine was ok - like flat noodles. I think it is the tubular nature of the penne. Like seafood.

Cheesy omelet with eat water penne, onion and ff fromage frais. HEA and 3 syns the fromage frais didn't really add nothing to the omelette so a waste of syns 320 cals

Asda meat free chicken with coop pitta in yoghurt and chive dressing heb 250 cals

Eat Water fettuccine with stir fried cabbage and onions. Honey and mustard baked tofu 350 cals

Yoghurt and small banana 120 cals

Small Apple and carrot 50 cals

2 segments of chocolate orange 5 syns 100 cals

Approx 1200 cals.

Coop pitta, baby bel light x3, tomatoes 250 cals HEA heb

Egg & caper salad no dressing 250 cals

Baked beans, red onion sausage, roasted BNS 350 cals heb

Yoghurt, fruit 150 cals

More yoghurt and fruit.... 150 cals

No syns today but managed to fit in 2 heb - having more baked beans these days. Low cal and covers the heb.

Today is my late day so I've packed my food for the day.

Coop pitta, mini baby bel x 3 and tomato (all destined for the work panini machine) yum heb HEA 250 cals

Quorn sticky fillet - chille and lime - with salad 250 cals

Baked bean and red onion sausage casserole with roasted BNS 350 heb

Fruit and yoghurt 200 cals

1050 cals

Seems a bit short on cals so will need to have some more HEA to make it up which is 120 cals plus a freddo at 100 cals / 5 syns

Prob cheese although I might get some more almond milk as I really like that.

Also I'm thinking about swapping my coffee for hot water and lemon. I drink too much coffee and also sugar free pop!

I actually think I might like the almond one better now that I've got the hazelnut on the go. They're both nice, but oddly enough I really do like the almond. Off to Tesco in a bit so I'll see if any are on offer there :)
The only things I use it for are hot chocolate and Porridge/Weetabix.x

Back