The Red Veggie

Oh I'm really going to have to go and buy some now - you've got me going on it. Also I had to be careful of the 3 sausage breakfast...as it were....

Coop have the sausages in at the moment. Not sure how much they are tho.

Pitta, baby bel and mushroom 260 cals heb and HEA

Egg x 3 and tomato salad 250 cals

Yoghurt and fruit 110 cals

Chickpea and mushroom curry with yoghurt (will have to call it a green day because of this but I really fancied it) plus two popadom s 450 cals

Ice cream 200 cals

More fruit And carrot 50 cals

1300 cals

We don't have a co-op anywhere near us :( It's obv not posh enough 'round here :p It's so easy to eat 3 of the sausages isn't it?!

I'm going to be having chickpea daal with stuff in for tomorrow's tea. Mmmm curry! x

I dunno why but the 'three sausage breakfast' really tickled me!

If you mean the LM ones, they are £2 in the coop at the moment :)

missy1978 said:
I dunno why but the 'three sausage breakfast' really tickled me!

If you mean the LM ones, they are £2 in the coop at the moment :)

Lol! Both me and cheeky chinchilla were musing on portion sizes. Just because red onion sausages are free does it mean we should be eating 3 in one go! In terms of potion sizes I think not and have successfully managed to get down to 2

So a 2 sausage breakfast for me now...

cheekychinchilla said:
The sausages are 2 for £3 in Asda at the moment :) Oh and the long-life Alpro Hazelnut and almond milks are £1 in Tesco :D

That'll be Tesco on the way home then!

I'm going to try and reduce my cheese intake ad replce it is the milk. it hasn't been too bad at the moment as I have had baby bel light it my stash of cheap ones have nearly gone.

This milk also very good as a hangover cure and it is pink wine day on Saturday after all...

Cheese and onion omelette HEA 270 cals

Asda meat free chicken in yoghurt and coriander dressing - coop pitta 250 cals

Spag Bol with quorn plus cheese and eat water spaghetti 400 cals HEA plus 6 syns

Freddo 5 syns

Fruit and yoghurt 150 cals

I feel I've missed something somewhere...

This SW plus calorie counting seems to be working well for you! How's the two sausage breakfast going lol? ;)

Having a strop. My cal intake has been 1200 - 1300 all week yet I have managed to put on weight.

This defies the law of physics?!

And I know all the discussions about water intake, calcium intake and other variables but this is seriously ridiculous. I am the same weight I was two weeks ago when I started this

After trying green days, red days, success express and now calorie controlled SW NOTHING seems to work for me.

My urge is to binge but I know that will take me down a slippery road so today I will have 2000 - which is my maintenance level - apparently.

I think it's a 3 sausage breakfast today!

This might sound odd... but are you sure you're eating enough? 1200 calories seems very low, is it worth experimenting with 1400 or 1500 to see how that goes? Eating too few calories can really stall weight loss. I hope you can figure out something though! x

Haha I think you deserve a 3 sausage breakfast!! I'm sorry it's not working for you :( I've sts for weeks and weeks but I have had odd days or meals off plan. I think Missy's advice is good advice, worth a try eh? Try not to let it get you too down.
And I'm sorry for the loooong reply to your post on my diary ;)
Kelly.x

Thnx for support. It's appreciated!

I've tried higher cals when I did green days - that resulted in a 4lb loss in six months.

And my pre cal counting red days hovered over 1400 - 1500 and that didn't work either

I worry to after all the years of dieting m metabolism is b%gg%#red.

I have managed to get down to 59kg before - that took an intense amount of exercise I don't have time to do now and apart from that

1200 should at the very least give me 1lb loss without exercise - it's science!

I have been doing SW for all,out a year and now am roughly the same weight I was when I started. In that time I have had several weekends away and a fortnight holiday so at least I haven't put on weight.

I just hoped that after trying so hard with green - and enjoying it - but not getting anywhere I thought red would really work by losing the carbs. And then that didn't work so tri success express which didn't work - which I was following pretty much on red anyway - so I was convinced cal counting on red would. How could it not? But so far it hasn't.

At the moment I feel sick and tired of trying. I feel I have given it my best shot - worked really, really hard. And I'm not just saying that - I have worked really hard. Yes I have gone off plan now and again but not to the extent that it should have this effect on my weight loss.

I am just fed up of the hole thing. But it's not like I have any choice because if I do t follow the plan or some kind of plan the four stones lot a couple of years ago will come back and that's not going to happen.

Ok rant over. Will step outside and take a deep breath...

Hey!
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be :( Although I agree that if you give up on sticking to some sort of plan the weight will creep back on. I put on weight again very quickly and lose very slowly :(
I really don't know what to suggest. Would you be happy with maintaining at this weight or are you really, really set on losing a little more? Would you consider a bit more exercise to tone up rather than losing weight? I dunno dude :(
But you can have a big :bighug:

cheekychinchilla said:
Hey!
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be :( Although I agree that if you give up on sticking to some sort of plan the weight will creep back on. I put on weight again very quickly and lose very slowly :(
I really don't know what to suggest. Would you be happy with maintaining at this weight or are you really, really set on losing a little more? Would you consider a bit more exercise to tone up rather than losing weight? I dunno dude :(
But you can have a big :bighug:

Lol - ta for that. I'm over the self pity episode now. I don't like how I feel if I'm not on plan - even if its not working very well!

I have two choices - give up or not give up - it depend on what outcome I want.

Oh the times I've been here and it never gets any easier!

Today had been really busy

2 red onion sausages (not 3!) coop pitta heb brown sauce 1 syn 270 cals

Quorn chicken slices, tomato, onion, lettuce salad cream 1 syn 200 cals

Carrot, oranges 50 cals

Stir fried asparagus, red pepper, peas topped with cheese HEA x 2 2 veggie burgers 450 cals

WW crumble plus yoghurt 320 cals 8 syns

1250 cals

Syns 10

Very nice food today...

Eggs x 2 scrambled in coop pitta 270 cals heb

Cajun baked tofu with yoghurt dip and roasted veggies 370 cals

Roast cauliflower with tub of low low plus 30g extra cheese 450 cals 2 x HEA

4x aldi mini florentine biscuits - oh my word - 34 cals each or 2 syns so 8 syns / 136 cals and so darned yummy!

Orange, pear 100 cals

About 1300 cals

I'm pleased to get a heb and 2 HEA plus syns today - feels more like SW!

And this is the first time I've roasted cauliflower and I'm not going back to boiling - ever. It was so nice not to be waterlogged!

I sprayed with fry light and bunged it in the oven.

Roasted cauli is amazing - I roast it before putting in a curry sometimes. And I have an awesome recipe for fake ricotta using roasted cauli!

Yep, tell us more about the Florentines! :D

Now don't get too excited - remember they are minis!

Smaller than your average biscuit but packed with tastiness

But at 34 cals each its easy to portion - although its hard to leave the rest in the fridge!

Remember the mikado effect!? Lol.

It's the Aldi specialty range. What's even better is they come in for different varieties in on box...

Today is my long day so need to pack my food.

Fruit and yoghurt for breakfast 200 cals

Coop pitta, baby bel and tomato toasted in works panini machine 260 cals heb HEA

Half tin of baked beans with two red onion sausages - 320 cals heb

Crips 130 cals 6.5 syns

Carrot, fruit 150 cals

About 1200 but will prob have some more yoghurt when I get home.

Back