The Road from Chunky to Funky

Saddle Bags said:
If you can try and plan ahead if you know you have a difficult weekend, easier said than done I know, if you can't plan it just try and make the best choices you can.

I find it a constant battle dieting. I've always been chunky/thick set/overweight - whatever you want to call it, I've always been it. When I met my now husband 18 years ago I weighed 10st and thought I was overweight/fat then! I guess I didn't know any better then. Two kids later and I weigh 9lbs heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant!! We can only diet for ourselves, nobody else otherwise I don't feel there is a point to it. I've done weight watchers on and off, mostly off, for years and never lost anymore than 10lbs. When I joined SW, this is the first time I've ever done SW, I just felt in my mind that I could do this, for once I felt my goals were achievable and could picture myself slim. Don't get me wrong I've had blips along the way, I've been doing the diet for 12 weeks and lost 17.5 lbs, which is not loads compared to some but I'm not gonna compare myself. We're all different and as long as I continue on my journey as I am I know I'll be happy when I get there. People have now started to notice which makes you feel good too.

There, that's me rambling on! I feel it really helpful to look at other peoples diaries and see their good losses and tips and almost everyone struggles along the way too which makes me feel normal. Even when I know I've had a good week and will lose I always feel sick when I get to the scales - how stupid is that!

Onwards and downwards love and I'll keeping checking in on you if you don't mind and we can help each other along the way.

xxxxx

Feel free to check in by all means! At least i can say im not talking nonsense to myself then! Youve done really well and you should be pleased with your loss. Tbh im not really in the losing way just yet after a few false starts!!! How much are you looking to lose am on my phone so cant see stats.

I have no excuse really about planning ahead this wknd cos im choosing where we go!!!!!!

I want to get to 11 stone and see how I feel from there. Started at 15st 7.5lbs and am now 14st 4lbs so still a way to go. You will get in the losing frame of mind, all it takes is a couple of weeks having a loss of any amount and you'll get the bit between your teeth and away you go. I'm not thinking of it as how many stones to go I'm just thinking of getting to 14 stones then 13 and half stones etc and take it half a stone at a time otherwise I give myself a mountain I can't climb.

You can do it xx

Saddle Bags said:
I want to get to 11 stone and see how I feel from there. Started at 15st 7.5lbs and am now 14st 4lbs so still a way to go. You will get in the losing frame of mind, all it takes is a couple of weeks having a loss of any amount and you'll get the bit between your teeth and away you go. I'm not thinking of it as how many stones to go I'm just thinking of getting to 14 stones then 13 and half stones etc and take it half a stone at a time otherwise I give myself a mountain I can't climb.

You can do it xx

Youre doing the right thing breaking it down into small goals. Like you said once you get a few losses under your belt it does get easier.

Just updated my food for today. Ended up being extra easy. I dunno why ive always felt a bit afraid of ee but i think it went quite well today. Did miss having two heas tho and being able to have loads of brews and cheese spread!! Tomorrow will either have to be green or ee as ive got cous cous made for lunch.

I decided to weigh myself today at the scales in boots as a way of drawing a line under the last few days/weeks. Im 11st 1. Im now going to make tuesdays my offical weigh in. Hoping for some kind of loss next week.

Am feeling positive about the wknd. Have decided to save some syns for it so i wont feel as bad if i go awol! Ha ha!

Weds food -green
Baked beans two fried eggs
Two slices white bread 8 syns
Milk hea
Tea with sugar 5 syns
Cous cous salad
Apple
Banana
Shape ff yoghurt
6oz steak 2heb
mashed potato
cauliflower carrots brocolli
Lots of nas squash
Diet pepsi and 7up free

Total syns 13

Last edited:
Hi Funky Monkey

You seem in the right frame of mind! Well done on drawing a line and starting again. Hope you have a good week. I will check in on you from time to time - :D

xxx

Saddle Bags said:
Hi Funky Monkey

You seem in the right frame of mind! Well done on drawing a line and starting again. Hope you have a good week. I will check in on you from time to time - :D

xxx

Thanks hun!! Do you have your own diary? Might pop in and have a nosey! Am feeling really good about it all at the moment.

Im pleased to say thats another day on plan. Im really enjoying my food at the moment. Its nice to think i can usually have what i fancy without it being too much hassle. Tomorrow will probably be red as ive made a chicken salad for lunch.

It probably is all in my mind but i do feel like i can notice a difference already. My stomach feels a lot less bloated and i just feel so much better in myself. When i eat nothing but junk i do feel crap and sluggish. But when i eat healthier i just feel so much better and have more energy. Its all these little differences that will keep me going for the first few weeks until i see consistent losses and can feel the difference in my clothes etc. I think as well its all these little 'extra' benefits i need to keep focusing on even once the weight comes off to make sure i stick to this once i get to target. Its like peole always say its a change of lifestyle.

Hope everyone has had a nice day. Only one more day in work before a long bank holiday birthday wknd!!!

Thurs food - red
Boiled eggs
12 wholemeal cracker bread heb X2
2 xDairylea original hea x2
Apple
Banana x2
Shape ff yoghurt
Chicken salad
Nas squash
Diet coke
Tea with milk and sugar 2 syns
Mikado? Choccie bikkie things 1.5
Pork with cauliflower carrots and brocolli
Nandos lime and corriander sauce 4 syns

Last edited:
Hi again Funky_Munky, So glad you are getting things under way now and aplogies if it seemed I was having a right go at you, suppose I saw something in there of myself in the past. However, would hate to think that I had been the cause of you going completely off track.

So pleased to read that you are noticing the difference for yourself, it feels great doesn't it?

Keep up the good work and take care ....:wavey:

Emmaline said:
Hi again Funky_Munky, So glad you are getting things under way now and aplogies if it seemed I was having a right go at you, suppose I saw something in there of myself in the past. However, would hate to think that I had been the cause of you going completely off track.

So pleased to read that you are noticing the difference for yourself, it feels great doesn't it?

Keep up the good work and take care ....:wavey:

Thanks hun do really appreciate that. Im sorry if i came across as harsh, i think sometimes i dont always like to hear what is probably close to the truth.

Im still feeling really positive and on track still. Last night i went to the cinema and was really chuffed with myself as i didnt have any of my hubbys popcorn. This is a big thing for me cos usually i would have at least a few nibbles. So feel like ive broken a big mental barrier there. We go the pictures a lot so im always tempted with the popcorn and pick and mix!!!

Today has been a funny old morning so far. I stayed up when oh went to work and went on a crazy housework spree. Then ive been sat on the sofa in my dressing gown with a brew watching the royal wedding. Its actually been really nice to watch. Theres been a lot of weddings in my own family over the last few years which has got me a bit more interested in weddings than i wouldve been five years ago!

Not sure what the rest of the day will hold. Ive got the rest of my wknd planned out apart from today!! Have been on plan so far and got a tasty lunch cooking so feeling good.

Todays food so far
Red day
Eggs and bacon
Apple
Banana
6 crackerbread and dairylea hea/b
Skimmed milk hea
Sugar in tea 3 syns
Chicken breast with brocolli carrots sprouts and cauliflower
Nas squash

Fridays food continued
Fruit salad
Shape ff yoghurt
Another two brews 2 syns on sugar
Turkey breast
New potatoes heb
Garden peas 4 syns
Diet coke

Total syns 9
Syns for week 42.5
Leaves 32.5 for weekend

Last edited:
Today has gone to plan after all today. We went to the cinema again this evening and again i resisted the big bag of popcorn. Wooo hooo!! I was a bit gutted at having to use syns on veg for my dinner but i had none left that was free on red doh! Tomorrow im either doing green or going asda.

Im really pleased with myself that i have stuck to plan these five days when i couldve quite easily thought forget it. Im also feeling that cos ive been so good this week im more inclined to be that bit better this weekend. Tomorrow im thinking of having spirits with diet coke. Plus i can still be on plan with meals before i go out. Ive already done some research on here about what i can have from the indian on sunday. Im not sure ill stick to the best option but i think i will at least keep away from all the sides like naan bread etc. Mmmmmmm cant wait!!

Hiya Honey

How you getting, you seem very in the zone which is brill!

When is your weigh in? I lost 2.5lb yesterday, I need 1lb next week to get my stone and half and 1.5 for club 10 and 2lb to get in the 13's, which is something I haven't been for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

Wow saddle bags well done on your loss!! Youre doing great. I weigh in on a tuesday just in boots put a pound on this week. But am ok with that.

Have been too busy and lazy to update this for a while. I really enjoyed my birthday weekend although eating and drinking lots lasted longer than i planned. Im pleased to have only put on a pound given that i was mostly off plan. But am back on it now so all good. I had been due to be on my star week this week but ive decided to carry on with my pill. Im really bad but i just hate 'ladies week' as its called in our house. I tend to take three packs of my pill without a break cos i hate it so much. Ive been trying to reduce this tho as i will be coming off it completely next year. But i just cant be doing with it at the moment. I want a clean run on plan and also am feeling stressed enough at the moment without it.

Work is really stressful right now and hubs is also feeling the strain with his job too so not feeling too great at the moment. Am just putting it to the back of my mind and thinking ill be in vegas soon enough!! Am spending the evening being lazy in front of the telly with a dvd so ill be nice and relaxed.

Wednesdays food Green
Boiled eggs
Ryvita crackerbread heb
Dairylea hea
Tea with sugar and milk hea 4 syns
Apple x2
Banana x2
Cous cous salad
Boots shapers bacon fries 5 syns
Boots shapers caramel chocolate crisp bar 5 syns
Homeade wedges
Baked beans
Fried eggs
No sugar squash
Diet coke

Doesnt actually look like ive eaten much today no wonder i was hungry when i got in from work!!!!

Back