The Road from Chunky to Funky

Havent been on here for ages. Ive been hiding cos ive been naughty. I have various thoughts on why i have been but its far too long a story to go into here. I dont think it helps i keep think my hols are still a while away. But i thought before i dont just wanna be thin for my hols i wanna be thin for the summer beforehand!! So have started back this afternoon which is a bit strange starting half way through a day. But i feel a lot better for it.

I have been really fancying meat of late (i always thought green would be best for me?!) so i went to asda and got loads of stuff in ready for a red week. I have to admit the last fee days ive been toying with the idea of other diets that work quicker but i just thought they seem so hard. Thats why i went with sw in the first place cos it is so flexible. So am sticking with sw. It would also help if i stuck to it for more than five days at a time!!!

Ive had a pretty rubbish wknd, alot of stuff i dont wanna go into, other than ive been worrying a lot about my work. Ive realised im not doing enough with my time outside of work to help me relax all i do is come home and plonk out on the sofa with the telly on. I wanna make more of an effort and i think this will help me in other areas like my weight loss. Im babbling now so i will go xx

Hi, just having a nose round and found you. You seem to be like me, I always "forget" that I dont stop being overweight on a weekend :| I also do the plonk switch. (sit down telly on) Then I invested in a Wii, I got the wii fit to but have to say I love just dance. I also have an xbox kinect with dance central (the moves are alot harder ;( so i prefer the wii) would this be something you could perhaps get into? theres an option on wii fit too, which is like an arobics stepper called free step. so you can set the time do your steps but switch normal tv (so you dont have to miss corrie!)and then switch back and it will tell you your step count and calories burnt :)

Hope youre feeling better today x

TwiztedMuffin said:
Hi, just having a nose round and found you. You seem to be like me, I always "forget" that I dont stop being overweight on a weekend :| I also do the plonk switch. (sit down telly on) Then I invested in a Wii, I got the wii fit to but have to say I love just dance. I also have an xbox kinect with dance central (the moves are alot harder ;( so i prefer the wii) would this be something you could perhaps get into? theres an option on wii fit too, which is like an arobics stepper called free step. so you can set the time do your steps but switch normal tv (so you dont have to miss corrie!)and then switch back and it will tell you your step count and calories burnt :)

Hope youre feeling better today x

Hi hun i used to have a wii fit and tbh i wasnt sure it did me much good. Ive got a couple of dance games for the wii its just finding the motivation to do them. I feel like some are just a little bit too basic and i want more of a challenge.

Today has been a horrible horrible day in work that i dont wanna go into but i knew it was coming and still got on with it so at least thats something. Have stuck to plan at least which is good cos at half three this afternoon i wasnt far off having a wispa!! Mini twister ice lollies are a life saver!!

Todays food - red day
Scrambled eggs and bacon
Banana
Apple
Chicken with tomato pepper celery and cucumber
Muller light x2
Steak stir fried veggies and nandos bbq sauce 3syns
6 cracker bread and dairylea hea/b
Two mini twister lollies 6/7 syns (not sure if 3 or 3.5)
Nas squash
Tea with milk and sugar hea 1syn

Just realised i havent had another b yet! I guess i could have some porridge or a bit of toast if peckish later. Other than that am pleased how day has gone and looking forwards to tomorrow.

Another good day. Feel like im making good progress making more of an effort with different things. We went out this evening just round cheshire oaks but just getting out the house after work made a huge difference to my mood and energy levels. Im also enjoying having different foods. Im really trying to avoid eating too much of the same thing and just trying something different also makes a huge difference to my mood.

Red day today
Boiled egg crackerbread and dairylea hea and b
Tea milk and sugar 2syns plus some of hea
Muller light
Apple
Salmon salad
Porridge and milk with sugar rest of hea heb 2syns
Turkey breast roast veggies and extra light mayo 1 syn
Twister mini lolly 3 syns
Two choccie rich tea 6 syns

14 Syns

Feels like ive eaten loads puttin all that down. Im on early starts at work so have to eat more to keep me going. I end up having four meals a day it feels like!!

Im in the zone right now. Ive had two really good days and am getting into the swing of it all without having to concentrate too much on it all. Ive been thinking alot about weight loss and confidence. I know a lot of people talk about losing weight gives them confidence buy ive got to a point where i feel my confidence and self esteem have been so low it even stops me losing weight. I think thats why its so important to do all the little things i have been to build my confidence. So anyway last two days food

Weds red day
Boiled egg bacon and beans heb
Apple
Turkey salad
Muller light
Shapers bar 5 syns
Shapers crisps 5 syns
Diet pepsi
Nas squash
Salmon with veggies and mayo 1syn
Tinned tuna with mayo 1 syn
Cracker bread heb
Tea with milk and sugar hea 3 syns
15 Syns

Thurs red day
Boiled eggs
Cracker bread and dairylea hea/b
Tuna with mayo 1 syn
apple
Muller light x2
Chicken salad
Gammon with egg and veggies
Nas squash
Tea with milk and sugar 4 syns hea
Mini twister lolly 3 syns
Porridge with milk and sugar heb and 4 syns
12 Syns

So all in all doing good and feeling good.

Last edited:
Eeek have ended up going over syns today thanks to having a few cheeky bevvies tonight. Never mind im not too bothered tbh. I did what i tell everyone off for this morning - weighed myself and was like is that it?! Ha ha. I was 11st 1 this morning. Really i feel like i should be under 11 cos my belly feels so much flatter. But tbh i cant remember what i was when i last weighed myself. I think it was 11st 2 or 3. So regardless of how i feel it is a loss and im not gonner complain anymore. Im also going to avoid the scales for a while!!

My dh got an xbox kinect yesterday and weve been having a good laugh on that tonight. It does actually get you moving more than the wii. Ive also got the zumba game and it got me sweating after five mins on the tutorials. God im unfit!! But i reckon 20mins on that a few days a week will get me fitter and slimmer in no time.

Im so glad this week is over cos it has been really hard in work. I spent most of last weekend at home sulking cos i was feeling so fed up about everything happening at work. But now i feel like im not letting it spoil anymore of my life outside work. I cant really describe how i feel at the moment other than i feel like i dont actually do anything outside of work. So im trying more to do more, get out more and do more things on my own. I do feel like my confidence has got to a point where i wont do things myself without someone else there. I sound like a right odd ball!! But im a work in progress.

Todays food - green day
Porridge and milk hea/b 2syns for sugar
Tea with rest of hea and 3 syns for sugar
Muller light x2
Apple
Cous cous salad
Cracker bread and dairylea hea/b
Pasta
Dolmio pasta sauce 3 syns (knew i shoulve made it with passata gggrrr!!!)
Peas carrots green beans and sweetcorn
Lots of pickled onions
Amaretto with diet coke x 2 9 syns!!!
Nas squash through day

Total 17 syns which i guess isnt the end of the world.

Am thinking of doing ee tomorrow cos i wanna do beef chilli tacos tomorrow and cant be doing with saving hex for them. Not sure if i will manage the third super free but i guess i can try. Ive always been afraid of ee - im worried ill over eat on it. They did used to do something similar on ww but it didnt allow stuff like mug shots or ff supernoodles and you had to have only three meals a day. If you wanted to eat inbetween it had to be veg or fruit. I guess i still think in the back of my mind ee is too much food and to lose weight i need to limit the amount i eat.

Im pleased with a good start today after getting out to delamere forest and doing a five mile walk. I wont feel too bad now if i just spend the afternoon on my behind watching the football!!

I have been feeling a little flat today though about my weight. Its my usual impatience ive been doing this a week i should be size 10 by now surely?!! Im trying not to let it get to me or get me down. The only thing that does bother me is last summer before my wedding anniversary i was 10 and a half stone and now im back up to over 11 again. Im annoyed ive ended up back here again. But tbh its only been recently ive realised i need to change my habits for good to stop the pounds going back on. It will go off in time i just need to give it time. I think id be happy with 10st by my anniversary and then maintain that till my hols.

Am not getting too down bout things tho cos im made up its the weekend and ive not even considered a binge!! Yeh!!!

Todays food looks as follows. Opted for a green day in the end
Scambled egg and baked beans
Tea with milk and sugar two syns
Muller light x2
Apple x2
Tomato mug shot
Two boiled eggs
Nas squash
Tea will be chilli made with extra lean mince heb x2 kidney beans passata onion chilli and garlic
Cheese hea x2
Tacos allowing for 4 14syns
Might end up over on syns again doh!!!

Hey Funky Monkey

Well you are doing well - unlike me who has fallen off the waggon these last 2 weeks and totally pi$$ed myself off!:argh:

I only had 1lb to lose to get my stone and half, 1.5lb to get club 10 and 2lb to get into the 13's so what did I do put 2.5lb last week - justified and I knew why but stuck to plan this last week and put 0.5lb on yesterday - don't know why so bit fed up. All I can think is that *week is due. Must be 100% this week and fit in as much exercise as possible. SO, I've given myself the mammoth task now of 4.5lb to club 10, 4lbs to stone and half and 5 to get into 13's. If I could lose 4 next week, which I have lost 4 and 4.5lb on a few occassions then I would be well pleased and get my stone and half. I know that once I get into the 13's I will get a roll on and never look back. It's just getting over that bloody hill that is 14stone that's the problem. I will get over that hill in the next 2 weeks (giving myself 2 weeks to lose 5lbs so not to put to much pressure on myself and be disappointed next week if I don't lose a million pounds!)

Good luck for the rest of the week, when's your WI? Keep going, you seem really focused now.

xxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Hey Funky Monkey

Well you are doing well - unlike me who has fallen off the waggon these last 2 weeks and totally pi$$ed myself off!:argh:

I only had 1lb to lose to get my stone and half, 1.5lb to get club 10 and 2lb to get into the 13's so what did I do put 2.5lb last week - justified and I knew why but stuck to plan this last week and put 0.5lb on yesterday - don't know why so bit fed up. All I can think is that *week is due. Must be 100% this week and fit in as much exercise as possible. SO, I've given myself the mammoth task now of 4.5lb to club 10, 4lbs to stone and half and 5 to get into 13's. If I could lose 4 next week, which I have lost 4 and 4.5lb on a few occassions then I would be well pleased and get my stone and half. I know that once I get into the 13's I will get a roll on and never look back. It's just getting over that bloody hill that is 14stone that's the problem. I will get over that hill in the next 2 weeks (giving myself 2 weeks to lose 5lbs so not to put to much pressure on myself and be disappointed next week if I don't lose a million pounds!)

Good luck for the rest of the week, when's your WI? Keep going, you seem really focused now.

xxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Sorry to hear you're struggling hun. Don't get so down about the half on. Sometimes these things happen, especially with * week looming. It makes an awful difference to me, i get really bloated and have to live in leggings and baggy tops cos all my fitted clothes get too tight :mad:.

Personally I have no excuses to muck about now. I have gone back to class with my mother in law which means I have to stick to it and I have to keep going to class every week regardless of whether I like what the scales say or not! She has a lot to lose and bless, she isn't exactly the most confident person, so I know if I gave up she would too. This really is the last chance for her - it is pretty much lose weight or die - so I feel like I have a lot of responsibility to make sure she keeps going. But it will also help me in the long run.

I had a good chat with the leader when we signed up about my expectations and how i got frustrated last time cos I wasn't losing as quickly as I wanted. She was really good at just reinforcing that cos I have 'less to lose' than other members, my loss is going to be slower, but if I stick with it I will get there in the long run. I just need to do that now!

I've been trying EE the last two days and I must admit I'm still a bit afraid of it. I'm not sure I'll last the week on it, I've grown too used to to 2 HEX's!

I've been doing my Zumba on the X-box kinect which has been fun. I can see myself getting fitter if I keep doing this three times a week!

I'm also thinking I won't be on here quite as much. I've deleted the app off my phone cos I felt like I was spending a little bit too much time on it and getting too absorbed into my previous negative dieting mindset. I'll still check in, but I won't be on all day everyday anymore!

Thanks honey.

Well done you, you really are focused and helping your MIL will help you too.

When's your WI, let me know how you get on.

Good luck.

xx

Its Tuesdays hun. I was horrified to find I'm back up to 11st 6 on SW scales this week. Am hoping I see a decent dent of a couple of pound in that next week!

So I'm please to report a four pound loss this week after my first week back at class. I do feel like being back at class is making a massive difference. It kept me on the straight and narrow over the weekend for a start!

Woo hoo! Well done you. I lost 2lb this week so feel like I'm back on track now. Need 2 to get stone and half and 3 for club 10 and to get into the next stone. Fingers crossed I can stay super focused this week.

Have a good week.

xxxxxxxx

Woo hoo! Well done you. I lost 2lb this week so feel like I'm back on track now. Need 2 to get stone and half and 3 for club 10 and to get into the next stone. Fingers crossed I can stay super focused this week.

Have a good week.

xxxxxxxx

Glad to see you're doing well saddlebags! Fingers crossed you've had another good week.

I'm hoping for a good loss tonight. I feel like I've lost, my stomach is getting flatter again. I love my belly in the morning, its always flat, but all it takes is a mug of tea and its back to sticking out again! :rolleyes: I've been on plan most of the week, apart from Saturday where I went to a BBQ and drank a lot! Doh! At least I stuck to spirts with diet lemonade and diet coke. So I'm pleased about that, even if I don't lose. I got straight back on it as well on Sunday, which I think is down to knowing I had class today. It has made a huge difference for me. I'm feeling really focused and positive at the moment, which is nice. I feel like I actually believe in myself and actually believe that I can get back to 10st, or hell even lower if I wanted to! Yah!

So im back from class with mixed feelings. I maintained which i was actually pretty happy about/accepted given my bbq on sat. However i felt the leader was a bit off with me cos id maintained and asked me to do a diary this coming week even tho ive been doing one since i started?! I dunno i think i wouldve preferred her to say the maintain was ok as long as i knew why. Im a bit worried about next week now as i have another night out this weekend and again i wouldve been happy with a maintain as a result but i dont wanna get told off for maintaining two weeks on the bounce!!

Oh well i guess all i can do is be extra good sticking to it and save some syns for the weekend.

Todays planned food green day
Brekkie- two boiled eggs
Bananna apple pear
Tea and sweetner 350ml skimmed milk hea (through day)
Nas squash (thro day)
Snacks- apple banana pear strawberries (thro day)
Lunch- cous cous with tomato pepper and cucumber
Tea- baked potato baked beans 1oz cheese hea with brocolli carrots and cauliflower
Hi fi bar x2 heb x2

Am trying to go syn free to save up for Saturday

Last edited:
So im trying my best to have a good loss this week in spite of this wknd coming. Hence my food diary on here. Im going to try a week of green see how i get on.

Back