The Road Less Travelled

E-bay is brilliant, what a bargain :) Do you sell on it too? I really need to get selling all my too big stuff so i've got money for the new smaller stuff :)

I'm trying to leave buying holiday clothes to the last minute as hopefully can drop a couple of sizes before May :)

Dolcelatta, it cost £7 -- can't you cut it into smaller bits and freeze it?

The jeans: if you are an 8 and take the 10s on holiday -- they can be the ones you wear home after you have "enjoyed" your holiday! ;)

MM

Dolcelatta, it cost £7 -- can't you cut it into smaller bits and freeze it?

The jeans: if you are an 8 and take the 10s on holiday -- they can be the ones you wear home after you have "enjoyed" your holiday! ;)

MM

Good idea Mel! although i was joking about size 8, but you never know!

I could freeze the dolcelatta, and it will be in there haunting me, so im gonna stop messing around and chuck it in the bin right now!

E-bay is brilliant, what a bargain :) Do you sell on it too? I really need to get selling all my too big stuff so i've got money for the new smaller stuff :)

I'm trying to leave buying holiday clothes to the last minute as hopefully can drop a couple of sizes before May :)

I used to sell virtual money on ebay, i played an online game for a few years and sold the virtual currency, mostly to american buyers. One year I made over $2000 !! Ebay wont allow the sale of virtual currency anymore, which is probably a good thing! But i did ok on it. I have recently sold some of my exante packs, the ones i didnt like much, and I got back pretty much what I paid for them, so that was a result. I tend to buy odd bits and pieces on ebay, its great for that. My favourite perfume for instance is Oscar by Oscar De La Renta, and costs about £48, but I buy from reliable sellers on ebay for around £26 - £30. And now clothes of course!

You should start your own diet class and could even work woth local health autorities and get referrals from diabetic people as you understand all the challenges and benefits of low carb for diabetes. But anyone really seeing what youve achieved would be straight through the door....i could see you doing it. I bet youll be even more convinced after the rc class!!

Well done on binning the cheese, i think its probably the best way of dealing with food that you know is a particular weakness. I'm sure your weight will be back down in a few days, as soon as the alcohol is out of your system it will drop. My friend who doesnt need to lose weight at all, weighs every day and she says it takes 3 days after a heavy night of drinking for her to naturally return to her previous weight without making any significant changes.

Dont joke about the size 8s, thats could so easily be you !!!! Omg thats so small but amazing! I'm far too lazy to ebay things, but do often buy a few things on there, I bought a gorgeous dress for £10 brand new cant wait to wear it. Maybe i should look on there more, particulary given the short shelf life of clothes at the moment!!!

Enjoy your diet coke xx

Well I joined RC, even though i was making a million excuses in my head as to why i couldnt go this week. The zumba was fun, but god im so unfit and so uncoordinated! My feet are pinned to the ground, but i did get to move around a bit. My friend was there! I wasnt expecting that, it was so good to see her. She joined a couple weeks ago, she is good dancer unlike me who has no sense of rythym at all lol.

The diet itself? well, it looks pretty good but is in phases. Week 1 and 2 are basically split into breakfast of 200 cals, lunch 300, dinner 400, 2 snacks of fruit and three quarter pint skimmed milk, totalling 1200 cals a day. There is also the 5% fat rule, with all foods consumed having less than 5%. Calorie wise and fat wise absolutely fine for me, except im not giving up butter or olive oil ( i eat tiny amounts of those anyway, a quarter tsp of butter and a spray of 1cal olive oil in my eggs) or full fat milk. Ok, i could go semi skimmed, makes no difference to me but Cliff complains like hell. Actually, now i think about it, I WILL go for semi skimmed milk. Cliff will get used to it.

Im not going to change what I have for breakfast, RC diet tends to be cereal, i dont eat cereal. So I will stick with the scrambled eggs and ham and an orange, comes to about 300 cals. I really want to start to have a sandwich at lunchtime every day, so thats about 300 cals. Piece of fruit when i get home, and about 300 cals for dinner, some kind of meat or fish and salad usually. I wont get through three quarter pint of milk a day so i will throw in a fat free greek yoghurt somewhere as well. I think that will more or less do it, and its not too far removed from the RC diet plan, im just swapping 100 cals from dinner to breakfast, and having some yoghurt in place of some milk.

The only thing that actually bothers me a little bit is the lady who runs it is really overweight. But she can certainly move herself to zumba! and she runs 8 classes a week, so she has to be pretty fit. Anyway, who am i to judge, as long as i keep my weight down and get fit thats all that should worry me. Of course, 1 zumba class a week isnt going to get me fit, its just the first step.

There was no patronising chat after the weigh in, no chat at all in fact! It was annoucing slimmer of the week then straight into zumba. Well, so much for support, hmmmm. Still it gave me time to chat to my friend.

I did get given the RC portion pots, which are a very good idea. A set of 4 different size cup measures to give precise portions of various foods. Very useful, I will definately use those.

My sister in law Sally made the funniest comment saturday night about her married daughter. 'My Lisa is a great cook, she knows every recipe for pot noodle'

I fell about laughing!

Hey Lynn --

I gave my son as a "going to uni gift" the cookbook entitled 1001 Recipes for Ramen Noodles. Maybe you could get her a copy -- or maybe she already HAS one!

MM

P.S. I changed CDC's because I cannot get "behind" a weight loss counsellor who is overweight. It'd be like going to dentist with rotten teeth.

Last edited:
Today I have eaten
B. 2 eggs scrambled with spray of 1 cal spray and quarter tsp butter, on a slice of ham. about 250 cals
L. Roast pork and salad sandwich and a orange. approx 350 cals
D. Half a pack M&S stuffed pepper 135 cals, M&S chilli prawns 150 cals,and a small portion mashed butternut squash 40 cals. Bit of an odd mixture and the stuffed pepper wasnt as nice as i was hoping it would be. 335 cals.
Total cals 935, plus ive had about 6 teas and coffees, so thats another 120 cals. 1055 calories today.

My cat Sophie is looking poorly today. She isnt moving well and im sure she is losing the sight in her left eye. She made a good recovery from the stroke she had a few months ago, but she seems to be going downhill at the minute. Poor thing, she is getting old now, unlike her litter sister Rose who still rushes around the house like a maniac.

Poor Sophie, hope she's just a bit off colour and nothing to serious, she sounds like a resilient little thing, and obvious enjoys life in your household...

Food sounds great, all really appetising, is this the new RC diet? Will be really interested to see how you find it and how it affects your losses/maintenance. Well done on the zumba, really glad you enjoyed it and I bet the more you do it the easier you'll find it.

Have a good day tomorrow xxxx

Weird day today, I was working in Cheddar so had to leave early and left my sandwich at home, but wasnt bothered as im never hungry at lunchtime anyway and I had an orange in my bag. Only today at lunchtime i suddenly got mega hungry, so much so that i was shaking. I guessed my blood glucose had bottomed out, but didnt have the kit with me to test, but i know the signs anyway. There was a snack van outside the company i was working at so went over there. All they did was fry up type stuff, but they had southernfried type chicken fillets in a bun so i had one of those, very naughty food and very delicious. Felt much better after.

When i got home Sophie looked to be in a bad way, she is falling over again when she tries to move, a bit like me really lol. Anyway, a trip to the vets who checked her over and basically said old age. They offered to keep her there for tests, but whats the point, she is old, and it would be too upsetting for her. So i brought her home again.

Had chicken breast and salad for dinner, felt sick and very cold and shaky after so went to bed, but i did check my blood reading and it was way down to 3.2. Felt too sick to try to eat something and i had just eaten anyway, so I just got into bed boots and all! and slept through it. Its back up to normal now, but Im not sure why i had 2 hypos today, I think its just been a stressful day all round.

Hope tomorrow is better, im working in Reigate tomorrow so im going to try to go see my sister in law Sally after, she looked majorly stressed on Saturday and im quite worried about her. She is married to my brother Ginger, and he is a selfish b.... at the best of times. I think she is under a lot of stress, so im going to suggest that Sally and I go away for a weekend soon. Ginger wont like it much as he likes having her at his beck and call, but im the older sister and what i say goes, thats quite useful sometimes lol.

Hi Lynn,

I hope you're feeling better, soon. I think a weekend away for your SIL would be very beneficial. You are very kind to think of her.

Wow -- it is too bad you don't get "frequent driver miles points" like frequent flyer miles. You'd get free trips around the world with all the driving you do!

Mel

Last edited:
Hope you're ok today Lynn, sounds like you had a hard day yesterday and hopefully the sickness is an anomaly.

The weekend away sounds like a fab idea! Any ideas where you'll go? Have a good day xx

Back down to 10.10 again thank goodness, but thats still 2.5lb up on this time last week, but at least im back to target now.

Went to Costco today as my sister raves about it. Ive never been before, I thought it was just a big supermarket like Asda, but its a cash and carry outlet that you need membership for, so it cost me and hubby £30 just to get through the door for 12 month membership. Didnt actually buy anything when we were there as the queues at the till were mental, but was very interesting to walk around the place. There isnt anything they dont sell! You have to be careful with prices though as VAT is on top, but i would say it probably does work out a little cheaper than Tesco, but the big advantage is that they sell just about anything you can think of, and stuff that you wouldnt normally be able to buy from the high street stores. I will have to have another look round when its quieter during the week.

Went out for a meal with friends this evening and had a sirloin steak and salad. Please dont let it make my weight go up again. Trying to keep at target or less is torture, its just a never ending constant battle.

I bought some gorgeous tan leather 'cowboy' style boots today, they really are fabulous and they were reduced to £15!! Such a bargain, except I really dont need another pair of boots! I need shoes! I think I have 7 pairs of boots now and only 2 pairs of shoes that I can wear to work.

Went to see my SIL Sally in the week and we are going away for a weekend on 18th Feb. Probably Isle of Wight and stay in a hotel in Sandown. It will be really nice to spend some time with her just the 2 of us. My bro Ginger was easy to convince, but he knows better than to argue with me lol.

Hi Lynn,

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Your trip with your SIL sounds wonderful.

"Trying to keep at target or less is torture, its just a never ending constant battle."

I so understand what you are talking about here. I knew going into my first VLCD that if I did not find a sustainable level of exercise and keep at it -- that I would regain the weight. I slacked off... it started coming back and it was only as I was approaching obesity again that I started seriously back at it. Congrats on maintaining... you are inspriational.

And, on the boots, do you think it is because for so long your legs were too heavy to wear boots that you are making up for "lost time"? (I have three pair coming from the States that I ordered on line.)

MM

Hi Lynn,

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Your trip with your SIL sounds wonderful.

"Trying to keep at target or less is torture, its just a never ending constant battle."

I so understand what you are talking about here. I knew going into my first VLCD that if I did not find a sustainable level of exercise and keep at it -- that I would regain the weight. I slacked off... it started coming back and it was only as I was approaching obesity again that I started seriously back at it. Congrats on maintaining... you are inspriational.

And, on the boots, do you think it is because for so long your legs were too heavy to wear boots that you are making up for "lost time"? (I have three pair coming from the States that I ordered on line.)

MM

I knew this was what I was signing up for when i lost the weight, but its hard on a day to day basis to keep that damn weight under control. Im happy that i understand where it kept going wrong before with losing then putting it all back on, and i feel as though im in a different place mentally now with food than i ever have been in my life before. So its a good battle, and im glad to be on the winning side most of the time. One day maybe my body will just get used to the idea of being this weight and the gains wont be so sudden or severe as im seeing right now.

My weight loss has revealed long slim legs and slim hips that i never knew i possesed lol, so yes buying boots has become something of dream come true, and i love showing off my legs now :). And it helps detract whats going on with my face lol.

Hi Lynn -- I'm in the same boat (I'm 49).

The face does improve a bit after your body adjusts to the weightloss. Plus, I think you get use to the "new" (old) look.

I am reading the book that Jess (aka Mrs Lampard) mentioned in her diary that is free with this month's Cosmo: Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet. The authors wrote quite truthfully, "...There's a lot of truth in the saying that, past forty, you need to chose between your arse and your face."

And, in my case, it really isn't a choice. It takes a lot to reduce my arse and thighs, so the face is going to suffer.

MM

I have that book too! Its very entertaining, and i loved that comment too about choosing between your face and your arse. In November I chose face, but now i choose arse lol. The fact is that next week i will be 56 and nothing in the world is going to change that, so ive learned to live with it. I looked younger than my years before because the fat filled out my face, but now i look my age and i actually quite like it, because even though im 56 and i look 56, I look like a pretty good 56 year old, so im celebrating my years :). However, a good arse is defianatly an assett lol.

I was talking to my sister Lita last week about how my face is sagging a bit now, and she agreed with me. I liked the honesty and it actually made me feel better to hear someone give an honest opinion of how i look, rather than the other comments i get of how i look 10 years younger now. I dont look 10 years younger, not in my face anyway. I look my age and im now very happy about that.

I am though, very tempted by the face work out thing that the Rosemary Conely site sells. I think if i can build up a little muscle in my face it will help support whats there, and certainly Rosemary Conely herself looks fabulous for her age (65 i think). If i could build a little muscle in my cheeks it would counteract the slightly sunken look im getting now, and firm up my neck a bit. Sons are giving me money for clothes for my birthday but i might invest it in that instead.

Hi Lynn,

I was looking at that thing, too (i was given a free RC mag yesterday at Zumba). I think I'll look for some data and reviews on it.

I am also considering (after a mini-TT or if I decided the mini-TT isn't essential after I get to goal) -- having my jowls done. I think they can wait -- but not for too much longer.

MM

Back