The Road Less Travelled

Rosemary Conely and zumba tonight, and i lost 2.5lbs, so well pleased with that. Im not sure about the zumba though, it gets very crowded, and my feet are still nailed to the floor! Im just not a natural dancer.

I wont be going next week anyway, my birthday next monday so will be going to stay with hubby at his hotel in Wales, im working in Wales on tuesday too, so will make sense to stay over. I might try the Thursday class next week as its supposed to be quieter, but my friend Tamara wont be there as she has an art club on Thurs.

Have been working in Wales today, in a very cold warehouse, I absolutely froze, so left just before 1pm and was home relatively early. Local tomorrow, just 6 miles away so I can have a bit of a lie in.

Hi Lynn,

Nice to have a lie in with all the travelling you do.

Think of all the calories your body burned today trying to keep you warm. LOL

I hope you enjoy your getaway with your DH. It sounds very lovely.

Wishing you a good day tomorrow.

MinnieMel

Well done on the 2.5 lb loss... You're doing so well Lynn and winning the battle to keep your weight low. The weekend away sounds really good, and I bet it's just what your sil needs.

How wonderful to discover a gorgeous pair of long legs, I'd love that to happen!! Enjoy the boots you deserve them Lynn!!xx

So much eating out coming up this weekend! EEEEEKKK!!

Saturday we have decided to go to IOW to see hubbys father Dicky. The trip started out with just visiting Dicky, then i found that a friend is playing a gig in Sandown saturday evening. So now we have decided to get an early ferry to IOW saturday morning, have a wander round for a few hours, go see Dicky in the afternoon, then check into a B&B in Sandown and stay over for the gig. Im sure I can stay on top of food Saturday though and have some fruit in the day and a salad at the pub in the evening, but there will be cooked breakfast sunday morning and im not one to turn down a cooked breakfast lightly! Then Sunday evening we are going to Yew Tree for a yummy meal, and Monday im staying at hubbys hotel in Wales with breakfast to contend with again tuesday morning. Ill be the size of whale by tuesday lol. My weight has only just recovered from the party a couple weeks ago. Then its only 2 weeks until I go away again to IOW for weekend with sil Sally. I feel no downwards progress will be made this month. I just pray there will be no upwards progress!

Hi Lynn,

If your stats are current, then you are at goal.

So, by making good choices and using portion control (think of those tiny RC portion pots), drinking lots and lots of water, walking more at a quick pace to boost your metabolism, etc. the meals out could be almost like an 810 meal. You can do this: "manage your weight in real world situations". You've been doing so well.

It sounds like a very exciting weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

MM

Have a brilliant time in the IOW Lynn, sounds Luke such a fun weekend and seeing some live music has got to be up there with some of the best ways to spend an evening!

I wouldn't worry too much about your weight, you're at your target and even if you gain a few pounds you know you'll get then off again within a few days. You've got a really good approach to maintaining and that will keep you slim and gorgeous!

Have lots of fun and enjoy your breakfasts!!!

Xxxx

I'm not surprised... you're out of practice! ;)

I hope you had a wonderful evening.

MM

Had a great weekend! Was so good to see our friend Gary again, its been a few years since we caught up with him. He is playing with a band he used to gig with, in a few weeks so we will be going over then to see the band play.

I was gutted today to see the news that Gary Moore died yesterday. He is one of the great rock and blues guitarists and Im a great fan of his. Dark Days in Paradise was one of my favourite albums, but for me Parisienne Walkways and Still Got The Blues is and always will be the essence of Gary Moore. I never got to see him play live. Like so many rock gods, he died in a hotel room. I always think there is something desperately sad about that. They really should stop booking into hotels lol, they might live longer.

Our friend Gary does a lot of Gary Moore covers, and I asked him to play Parissiene Walkways for me on Saturday, how spooky was that.

Last edited:
Sounds like a brilliant weekend and thoroughly deserved!!!! Glad you had a few drinks too, nothing like letting your hair down and enjoying yourself. Was a real shame to read about another musician dying in a hotel room, it's such a sad and lonely way to go.

Sounds like you've got a lot of exciting plans coming up, bet it feels good knowing you don't have to worry about what to wear and you're going to look fab whatever you put on xxxx

Hi Lynn,

I am glad you had a good weekend. I'll bet Gary Moore would be pleased to know that people were thinking of him, before his passed away.

MM

10.10 this morning so an overall gain of just 1lb for the weekend! Fantastic, my body must be settling down to my weight now, I would not have been surprised to see another 7lb gain like i had at new year, so im really happy that the damage is so limited. It makes me feel much more confident about dealing with occasions where I know i will eat more than 'normal', and I feel good about getting back to my normal eating now instead of going off the rails.

My sister in law Sally has backed out of going away to IOW on the 18th. Im a bit annoyed, but I did push it on her, so its my fault for getting ahead of myself. She so needs a break though, but I cant change her life for her, and one weekend away wont change her life either. I did what I could, ill just have to leave it at that. I have paid for the hotel though, so probably Cliff and I will go.

Shame your SIL doesn't want to go but a nice excuse for a weekend away with hubby :)

You are doing amazingly well at maintaining. Can't wait to shift the rest of this weight so i can have a shot at it :)

Hi Lynn,

Congrats on the successful managment! A one pound gain is nothing... good for you.

I am sure you and your DH will enjoy the weekend away. Maybe you could invite your SIL to just spend a weekend at yours -- and have sort of girly DVD, facials, etc. thing. Is your DH due to work away anytime, soon? You could always approach it as... since DH is away, I'd love to have some company this weekend. It may be that she feels uncomfortable with you funding a weekend out -- or maybe your brother wasn't happy about the trip.

MM

Well done on only gaining a pound, that's brilliant!! Think you must be right about your body settling down and getting used to higher cals.

Shane about your sil pulling out of the weekend, it's lovely of you to try and help her and give get a break, at least you tried. hope you and Cliff have a nice weekend together instead xxx

Woohoo!! 10.7.5 this morning! I hit this weight once before, the day before my party and ive been struggling to get back there again ever since, just hope it lasts this time :)

Have really strict with food since Tuesday, and im pleased with the results, been having exante for breakfast every day, some fruit for lunch, a couple of yoghurt jellies and a low carb spag bol for dinner. Hopefully will stay good this weekend as next weekend I will be indulging in food and wine again! Cant wait lol.

I think my cat Sophie is losing her sight fast, she keeps falling off things and bumping into things, poor little creature. Not sure how much future she has now, just have to take it a month or a week at a time now.

Mel I think thats a good idea about having my sil here for a weekend when hubby is working all weekend next, if he gets to stay at work that long lol. We still dont know at this point in time if he is retiring end of this month, end of March, end of June, or if he will stay on for longer. Its so unsettling right now. I would just like to have a definate date to work to, but he doesnt seem that bothered really.

Miserable dark day today, Ive just got back from Bristol and it was sunny there, but here at home its pretty awful. Hope tomorrow brightens up.

Hi Lynn,

Well done on getting the weight back off and doing it by healthy eating. I'm impressed.

I am sorry to hear about Sophie --but please listen to your vet's advice on prolonging her life (if the quality is poor). I watched my friend hang on to his dog for too long and the poor thing really suffered. It would have been so much better to remember the dog at his best (or at least not as he was the last year or so).

I hope you have a good weekend -- it was rainy and miserable here for most of the day, too.

MM

Ohhh, miserable day. I want to go back to bed, preferably with a selection of M&S goodies.

Im pretty sure that Sophie has lost her sight completely. I thought she had gone blind in one eye, but im pretty sure she cant see at all now. This morning she couldnt find her way round the kitchen properly and was walking into anything and everything. She cant get out the house, so we have had a few accidents to clear up too. A few months ago I mentally decided that as long as she could get in and out the catflap, we could deal with the other issues, but now she has reached that point where she cant. This morning I felt resolved to be taking her to the vets, but now Im just too sad to do it. I dont think she is any pain, but she does move slowly, maybe mainly cos she cant see. But even getting herself down into a sitting position takes her a while. Why does she have to die just because she is old and blind and frail. Why do I have to be selfish to keep her when she is old and blind and frail. Quality of life, does she have quality of life? She is happy on her favourite spot on my desk with the fire on. And thats where she is right now.

another day, another day, another day. Is it fair to her.

Aww Lynn so sorry to read about poor Sophie, I think whatever decision you arrive at will be the right one as you'll do it out of love for her.

Well done on getting your weight back so low, you're brilliant at this weight loss business !! Xx

Hi Lynn,

I think that if you've read "Marley and Me", you know that it just isn't fair to let your beloved pets linger when they are so "helpless".

I think I would have to have my DH go with me to take Neya to the vet... I would not be strong enough to go on my own.

18 years ago, my DH took my cat while I was at work. I knew he was going to "sort it" (the cat was in kidney failure and pain) but I had no idea when. I came home from work and Cyrus was gone.

It was hard, but I wasn't the one to "pull the trigger" and it was done by the time I found out. It made it a lot easier.

I let that poor cat suffer much too long, because I just could not imagine my life without him. Still miss him.

MM

Back