• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



the scales say im slim the mirror tells me other

#1
Hi i have a random question im currently 9.05 stone and thought id be happy at this weight. Wrong.

I still can't get into size10 clothing and people who r my height and size can- and even size 8!!!

I know some people would love to weigh this much but i believe it should be when Urghhhh happy with yourself and im not!! I find people at group just judge me and don't see it as an issue but it is to me :-{
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
#2
How have you lost the weight? It might be effecting how much lean muscle and fat you have, which would mean that you would not have the same surface area compared to others the same weight. x
 
#3
lindseydodd408 said:
How have you lost the weight? It might be effecting how much lean muscle and fat you have, which would mean that you would not have the same surface area compared to others the same weight. x
Through slimming world. I started in June weighing 10.5 and was at target by august. I got weighed after xmas and was over target by 5lbs which i lost 4.5 off last week!! I just want to be comfortable in a size10 i do lots of walking- skipping and running after my son also. I just don't understand :-C
 
#4
Alfsmummy, while you were in calorie deficit and losing weight, the exercise would have mainly been preserving muscle rather than building it. It might be worth eating slightly over your calorie needs, and doing some weights to build up muscle. Then after you've put on 10 or 15 lbs of muscle, going back into calorie deficit and losing the same amount of the fat that might be filling you out to the size you are (12 I'm guessing). This would give you a leaner body mass, and hopefully get you into a size 10 (would be another long term goal of course). I know I'm very low on muscle percentage, so once I'm down to about 13 stone, I'll be building in weight/resistance training to add on to my muscle. I know that at 190lbs I had 2 friends around 5ft 3 (I'm 5ft 7) and they were in size 16, and I was in a size 20. Always seemed unfair!
 
#5
Dreamer said:
Alfsmummy, while you were in calorie deficit and losing weight, the exercise would have mainly been preserving muscle rather than building it. It might be worth eating slightly over your calorie needs, and doing some weights to build up muscle. Then after you've put on 10 or 15 lbs of muscle, going back into calorie deficit and losing the same amount of the fat that might be filling you out to the size you are (12 I'm guessing). This would give you a leaner body mass, and hopefully get you into a size 10 (would be another long term goal of course). I know I'm very low on muscle percentage, so once I'm down to about 13 stone, I'll be building in weight/resistance training to add on to my muscle. I know that at 190lbs I had 2 friends around 5ft 3 (I'm 5ft 7) and they were in size 16, and I was in a size 20. Always seemed unfair!
Ohhhhh no don't fancy putting on weight to make it muscle im sure there is logic there somewhere but that's not for me! going to change my target to 8.4 and see if that helps? im a size10 to 12 now x
 
#6
alfsmummy11 said:
Ohhhhh no don't fancy putting on weight to make it muscle im sure there is logic there somewhere but that's not for me! going to change my target to 8.4 and see if that helps? im a size10 to 12 now x
Oh and I've never deprived myself of calories I've always eaten loads just all the right things!
 
#7
Eating loads of healthy foods usually fills you up on lower calories. You have to be in calorie deficit to lose weight. If you can get down to 8.4 good on you :) I'm a struggler, still up at 15 stone almost! Will be happier when I'm around 11stone (fingers crossed). Good luck on the rest of your weight loss :)

V
 
#8
Dreamer said:
Eating loads of healthy foods usually fills you up on lower calories. You have to be in calorie deficit to lose weight. If you can get down to 8.4 good on you :) I'm a struggler, still up at 15 stone almost! Will be happier when I'm around 11stone (fingers crossed). Good luck on the rest of your weight loss :)

V
Thanks should not take me long if i carry on with slimming world its fab! ! ill be expecting 2lb losses per week x
 
#9
hmm maybe something worth considering for me (doing 4 weeks on exante as a kickstart, but then would rather just learn to eat healthy and be active). How does slimming world work? I only know about weight watchers, is it similar?
 
#10
Dreamer said:
hmm maybe something worth considering for me (doing 4 weeks on exante as a kickstart, but then would rather just learn to eat healthy and be active). How does slimming world work? I only know about weight watchers, is it similar?
Its great no counting points or weighing - i can have as much lean meat veg fruit pasta rice eggs i want!! your never hungry and it falls off!! you also get syns for treats x
 
#11
Hello :) how i know how you feel. i feel fatter now than i did when i was 2 stone heavier. (i actually feel thinner now though than when i got to goal last year and put it back on)
Age also plays a part - different clothes fit differently at the same weight.
I bet you look fab, just get toning up - dont need to put weight on, just get some swimming/walking done.
I think it takes your head and your eyes a while to adjust..i will always be fat to me no matter what i weigh x
 
#13
LVLLT said:
Hello :) how i know how you feel. i feel fatter now than i did when i was 2 stone heavier. (i actually feel thinner now though than when i got to goal last year and put it back on)
Age also plays a part - different clothes fit differently at the same weight.
I bet you look fab, just get toning up - dont need to put weight on, just get some swimming/walking done.
I think it takes your head and your eyes a while to adjust..i will always be fat to me no matter what i weigh x
Thanks i guess i didn't have loads to lose so i can't see a difference! im 29 and it doesn't bother me about how much i weigh i just wanna feel good! i walk loads power walking as i don't drive with the buggy! my fella thinks its in my head maybe its since i had my son
 
#15
Red Riding Hood said:
Ahhh! I think your body changes shape completely when you have children so this may be why you are not in a size 10. Good luck with your further loss though I'm sure you ARE really looking great now (don't be so hard on yourself ;):))
Thanks for that xx
 
#16
Hi there I'm new to this part if the forum but shall be popping in a but more. I was in the cambridge diet previously and always posting there! Sorry your struggling with that last half an inch lol sounds better like that huh! You can do it! I'm on my I phone so can't see your height but hope your new goal is nit pushing u too far! I bought a DVD..... The 30 day shread don't know if you are familiar but it claims within 30 you can loose 20 lbs! What a load of rubbish.... Well if you did it wouldn't be coz if the DVD (hmm I'm not really selling the idea am I lol) anyway I read all sorts if reviews before I spent my whole £6 on it but most people drop a dress size within that 30 days so it may help. In the cd section there's a thread on it with progress photos etc take a look bur remember the girls in there are doing a much stricter diet they are all really friendly if u wanna ask anything

Hope this helps hun xx ps I've not even started the DVD yet but when I do il post updates!
 
#17
shell09 said:
Hi there I'm new to this part if the forum but shall be popping in a but more. I was in the cambridge diet previously and always posting there! Sorry your struggling with that last half an inch lol sounds better like that huh! You can do it! I'm on my I phone so can't see your height but hope your new goal is nit pushing u too far! I bought a DVD..... The 30 day shread don't know if you are familiar but it claims within 30 you can loose 20 lbs! What a load of rubbish.... Well if you did it wouldn't be coz if the DVD (hmm I'm not really selling the idea am I lol) anyway I read all sorts if reviews before I spent my whole £6 on it but most people drop a dress size within that 30 days so it may help. In the cd section there's a thread on it with progress photos etc take a look bur remember the girls in there are doing a much stricter diet they are all really friendly if u wanna ask anything

Hope this helps hun xx ps I've not even started the DVD yet but when I do il post updates!
Thanks hun! im 5'3 and a bit!! x
 


Similar threads