The Shred Thread

Day 2 Shred DONE!

Level 1 - 1kg weights - following Natalie xx

Woop woop! Well done Marge. Please tell me you found it slightly hardework at least?? Or am i that unfit lol! xx
It was much easier this time round, but I am not breezing through it yet... another 4 or 5 days on level one I reckon for me....
Then I will see how I feel doing level 2 ;)
I think I need to up my weight immediately though, as I found 1kg incredibly light... I normally use 4 or 6 kg at the gym for kettlebells, and sometimes 8kg for the circuits class :eek:

I have no clue about weights and what not! Im following the crowd a bit there and starting with my smallest. My biggest are only 2.5kg anyway and i read some people use 5kg so maybe i havnt even got enough, Il decide that when im using 2.5kg lol! Not getting ahead of myself!

You know your body so go up a weight if you need to, You're probably a hell of a lot stronger than me!

Iv never stepped foot in a gym or lifted a weight until now, Oh how we can change eh?! xx

I have no clue about weights and what not! Im following the crowd a bit there and starting with my smallest. My biggest are only 2.5kg anyway and i read some people use 5kg so maybe i havnt even got enough, Il decide that when im using 2.5kg lol! Not getting ahead of myself!

You know your body so go up a weight if you need to, You're probably a hell of a lot stronger than me!

Iv never stepped foot in a gym or lifted a weight until now, Oh how we can change eh?! xx

Exactly ED... I hated exercise before, and only did it when I was forced to, in years gone by.
I NEED to do it now. It keeps my head right :)

Keep going with the lower weights until you are ready to move up...
My weights set are 1kg, 1.5kg and 3kg....
Last time I did the shred proper, I only ever went as far as 1.5kg. And it still worked ;)
I will try the 1.5kg for a couple of day, and if I feel okay, I will go up to 3kg... but I am not buying anymore weights. That will be enough I reckon, for me::
I'm letting my porridge go down now and will be shredding within the hour ;)

Day 2 done. Level 1. 1.5kg weights :D

Well done Marge. Is it normal for the word SHRED to now fill me with fear ;)

My body hates me hehe, I will somehow get through Day 3 tonight, I dont know how but i will! xx

Day 3 Shred DONE Level 1, 12.33am :eek: 1.5kg weights. Noticed a big difference, Im really happy :) Didnt swear or anything hehe xx

Day 4 Shred DONE. Level 1, 1.5kg weights following Natalie.

Upped my weights too soon - I found it tough again tonight. Back to 1kg tomorrow :) xx

Day 4 Shred DONE. Level 1, 1.5kg weights following Natalie.

Upped my weights too soon - I found it tough again tonight. Back to 1kg tomorrow :) xx
At least you know that ED...
You have 2 choices... lower your weights as you said, or follow Anita :)

Day 3 of the shred done for me :D
Level 1, 1.5kg. Im not sure who I follow to be honest.. I'm just chuffed when I can do the blooming thing ;)

At least you know that ED...
You have 2 choices... lower your weights as you said, or follow Anita :)

Day 3 of the shred done for me :D
Level 1, 1.5kg. Im not sure who I follow to be honest.. I'm just chuffed when I can do the blooming thing ;)

True Marge, I dont know who i follow really, I just watch Jillian tbh, then she waunders off and i carry on. The thing with following Anita is that she doesnt modify any of the things that i find hard so its pointless following her, I dont have a problem following Jillian - apart from push ups of course!

Its the jumping jacks to rope jumps really, cardio stuff! I knew it was going to be a tough session as soon as i started finding the warm up tough! (jumping jacks). The side lunges were tough too because of the weights, but going to 1kg should sort that out xx

and well done fitty!! :D xx

Aye ED... just do whats comfy for you,
Thats all I do :)

My back is still sore :confused:
Im not even sure why.
I have just shredded. ... so I'm hoping that will ease it slightly.
I will update my sig when im next on my laptop :D

Poor you :( I read back your diary when you first started Shred and your losses were still great, averaging 3-5lbs! Mine hasnt shifted so im not sure it can be blamed on Shred? Well done for pushing on with it even with a bad back, be careful xx

You had a great loss last week though ED, so it may even its self out :)
I had a preview WI today myself. ... and I wont have record losses either this week ;)

Shred 1 complete!! Hot now going for shower will be back later!!

I like the shred, it nice bite sized workout so good to get back into the exercise thing. Hated the jumping jacks! Really didn't want to do the last set but grimaced my way through. Probably didn't have perfect form on all the exercises but will try to get that better on next go. Thanks for the recommendation ladies - good one!

Shredding done :D
Level 2.... but a big stuggle :eek:
I'm a day behind with shredding, but I will catch up later in the month :)

I haven't shredded for a couple of days... but I have been to the gym :)
I dont normally go to the gym on the weekend, so I will do a few catch up shreds over the weekend :)

Back