The Shred Thread

Shredded! Day 3 level 1.

Mandy you are doing great :D
I have ended up having the weekend off, as I have been working ect... but I will try to get it done a couple of times this week :)

Sorry shred thread i have sinned - no shredding last week :cry:

But - shred day 4 level 1 done this morning and i will be good this week x

Well done Mandy. ... I have been rubbish exercises this week too :(
I need to get back into it :)

do people find going to the gym and classes ok on exante?

do people find going to the gym and classes ok on exante?
I think it depends if you are already used to exercising or not:)
I was already exercising for between 30 mins and an hour a day BEFORE I started Exante, so I couldn't not continue :)

If you are not exercising already, Exante recommend gentle exercise, for around 20mins, or maybe 30 mins :)
Hope this helps
Marge :D

Mandy you are doing great with the shred :D
I have been doing rubbish :eek:, but I have been going to the gym... and the functional circuits class that I do, has some very similar shred type moves in it sometimes :D

Sorry, don't know how to delete the old message here - double posted by accident, sorry.

Last edited:
Hi, all,
I'd never heard of this Shred thing before so quickly had a look on amazon. Lots of positive reviews so might take the plunge and by the DVD myself. Found the 30 Day Shred one on ebay for a bit less than on amazon. It seems you need weights though. Do they need to be specific weights such as dumbbells or strap-on weights?
Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Dumbells are best, as some moves you use them, others you dont... so you need to be able to pick them up and put them down fairly quickly.
Good luck :)

I'm watching Alan Ttitchmarch on 3 and there are some real motivation weight loss tips going on. I liked hearing about Josie Gibson and i had a quick look at her website and her before and after photo's Josie Gibson Official.com

Thanks, Notsoskinnymarge, I shall dig out my weights and buy the DVD. Might not start immediately though as don't want to shock my body too much - starting Exante and hard-core exercise at the same time. ;)

Thanks, Notsoskinnymarge, I shall dig out my weights and buy the DVD. Might not start immediately though as don't want to shock my body too much - starting Exante and hard-core exercise at the same time. ;)

You are right. It best to get your head into the diet first, then start exercising :)

I have decided to go with 'try before you buy' - various exercise programs by Jillian Michaels are on Youtube - including the 30 Day Shred ones. :)

This thread has really motivated me to get my shred on. will start on Monday along with my first day of exante... Maybe I'm being too ambitious?

I did 30DS three years ago and it was great; I didn't lose weight but my upper arms and stomach were much more defined. Once I get to goal, I will definitely be dusting it off and giving it a go.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi :) I plan on starting the 30 day shred this week, see how I get on-any tips for a newbie?

Back