The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hey everyone!!!

Good luck with your weigh in Helen!

Frances, well done on the 3lbs lost! Fab result!!!

Hayley, I have also been fretting about a winter coat as mine is starting to look like a tent!!! Might have to dig out my old size 20. Hopefully it will fit!!!

Hopped on the scales this morning (I have become a serial weigher but only out of curiosity. I don't get depressed when I see a gain. I mean last night I had apparently gained 7lbs!!!! I took it with a pinch of salt!) and the scales said I am 18st 0.5lbs!!! God I want to lose that half a pound!!!! I will officially be Obese and not Very Obese then! Yay!!!

Hope everyone is okay today? xxx

Thanks. Glad you have a healthy attitude to peeking at the scales at least. You've got loads of time until your next official weigh in, that pesky half a pound, and more, will be gone by then. You will be in the just-Obese-not-Very-Obese category! LOL

I'm driving down to Bournemouth on Friday to meet some of the mad peeps offa here for a natter. Should be good fun, if the Brighton meet is anything to go by. Really nice to meet the person behind the posts, especially if they are a bit camera shy and don't post pics or avatars. Is it this weekend you go away?

Yep! Friday morning we are heading off to Stonehenge for the day, then onto Reading to stay the night before going over to the Isle of Wight. I'm so excited!!! I really cannot wait! Wish it was Thursday night now!!!! xxx

Sounds like a great trip. I've never got around to going to the Isle of Wight, even though Southampton is only down the road from me! So I'll be really interested to hear how you get on there. Love Stonehenge. No matter how many times I see it.

I always get goosebumps at Stonehenge! Love the history!

We are having a very historical weekend actually!

Stonehenge on Friday
Oxford on Sunday
Stratford-upon-Avon on Monday

The Isle of Wight is beautiful. Will take lots of pictures!!!

Soooooo excited!!!! xxx

I have all tetras. Staying clear of the bars as I am worried they may reduce my losses. Thinking I might give them another go after my 810 week.

Right, I'm off for the night. Just posted the slimmer of the week on the CD 100% thread.

Night guys!!! xxx

Love your beautfully designed Slimmer of the Week badge! How talented are you!!!

Why do you think the bars could slow your weight loss? Do you think the higher carb content would put you out of ketosis? As I said on that other thread, I noticed today that the peanut one has only 13g of carbs, and I reckon the shakes have about 10/12g so there is not much in it.

The caramel, toffee and chocloate are 23/4g of carb and I know that a lot of peeps on here have said they feel hungrier when they have a bar, but I only have one a day -- half with my afternoon coffee and the other half in the evening. Couldn't do without them now. And when I have to go up London, they are so much nicer, and handier, than the tetras I find.

When's your next AAM week?

night, night, and thanks for all your hard work on the CD 100% Club.

I agree frances, i have a peanut bar every morning for brekkie, mmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn! yum i love them, don't think they have affected my losses so far, but if it has then not by much. I don't like any of the other bars so can't really comment.

Well according to my scales this morning i've lost 49lbs! Really would love to get one more off before sunday to get to that magic 50lbs thats sooo much, its hard to get my head around it.

Well went to asda to get the £15 coat and guess what they had a 22 they had a 20 but of course no 18 or 16 i guess it just goes to show that you can never get your size no matter how big or small you are! On the plus side, bought a pencil skirt from dotty p's (loose) and some sz 18 trousers from george (perfect fit) so looks like i might be moving down the dress sizes on the bottom half as well finally! Only 5 more weeks till i have to fit in to my sz 16 dress for hubbys bday eek!

God i've become self obsessed!

Whats the gossip today then? Helen how was WI? Any job news Gem?
Let me know how the Bournemouth meet goes Frances, we had been discussing doing something similar for just our team what does everyone think? Lol perhaps we should wait til goal, we might be able to enjoy a glass of wine and a spot of lunch then lol or we could meet up over a glass of water and a choc velvet lol!

xxx

Bad news, sorry girls, I gained 1.5 but I lost loads of inches again! as this week I've upped my water from 2L to between 3.5-4 my CDC thinks it's probably water working it's way through my system. She said it would be practically impossible to gain 1.5lb without eating over 5,000 in addition to what a person off the diet would eat!

We spoke about me becoming a CDC so I'm going to see how I feel when I get doen to my target weight and see if I want to go lower. There's loads If reasons why I don't want to be smaller than a size 14/16 so we'll see what happens.

Hx

That's so annoying about the stock at Asda. Did you ask when they are getting more in? Can you buy them online? You need a warm coat. Try a different branch of Asda at the weekend. Mind you, by the time you find them it sounds like you could go straight to a 16! Yay you, 50lbs off by the weekend!

The Brighton meet in August was amazing. We just had so much to talk about and it was great to see how well people had done. KD is brilliant. Not only has she lost and maintained her loss for 3 years, she is now a CDC counsellor and has just finished an amazing weight management course. She is a fountain of knowledge.

I think a team meet is an excellent idea. We spend so much time typing to each other it is funny not to have actually met. Drinking water is fine. That's what we have to do anyway, and as we will all be hitting our goals at different times I think we should do it sooner rather than later. What about London as a central point for us all? Maybe in early December? That way you could combine it with a bit of Christmas shopping or anything else you fancy in London.

Ahhhh hun thats a nightmare for you, oh well you will prb wee it out in the next few days so try not to worry, just keep glugging and it will work its way out. Are you due? you could be retaining because of that? The most important thing to remember is that you KNOW its not fat, as i think it would be pretty much impossible to eat 5000 calories over the diet limits without being ill after you have been on it for as long as you have. If it makes you feel any better my scales thought i weighed 11 pounds heavier last night than i do this morn so just goes to show what an impact the water can have.

xxx

Hey Helen, that's not fair! Especially as that isn't a real weight gain, it is just water retention. What do your own scales say? Why don't you re-weigh on Sunday morning, as I'm sure that will be gone in no time.
Don't despair, you cannot fail to lose weight on this diet!

Oooh good idea re online...never thought of that. I love the idea of meeting up but have got no chance of doing so in dec, i have about 15 bdays in the space if 2 weeks inc hubbys as well as hosting xmas this year for all the family, and doing/wrapping the xmas shopping. I think the new year would be better and something to look forward to after xmas.

xx

Yes, you're right. New Year would be best. Sounds a plan. Let's see what the others think. London would be the most logical place?

I've no idea on georgraphy so not really sure where everyone is located around the country. The only prob i might have is i may have to bring my little boy with me, if thats the case maybe the outskirts of london....i know i shouldn't say this but london is so busy! i'm not a fan (hides waiting to be pelted with stones)

xxx

I'll have a think. I'm sure I can think of somewhere nice in London. I think by the river. Then you could take you wee boy to the London Aquarium or on the London Eye? Not all London is busy and bustling. I haven't been near Oxford St for years. Dreadful place. That said, if we meet outside London, then we can all drive rather than get the train. We'll work something out. What age is your boy?

Back to SS today. Wish me luck, all - I'll need it!!

:vibes::vibes::vibes:You can do this GT, you know you want to get to your dream weight!

Best of luck over the next few days, hope it goes smoothly.

Oooooh good luch Gt...you can do it hun!

Frances-my little boy is 20 months old (and sooo cute!)

xx

Back