The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

I'm on a course so it will be pretty uneventful. Just annoyed that I'm letting work cloud my whole life. Gah!!!! I bet I sound like a stuck record!!! x

No its totally understandable we do spend most of our day there, so when things are bad it affects everything. I used to dread sunday nights waiting for monday morning in some of the jobs i've had, not so much anymore....i work for myself (my hubby thinks i work for him but he's deluded!) things will get better, and you will find a job you love hopefully sooner rather than later. Have a good day 2moro, and whats with everyone giving you your pressies early? (jealous of your pink ipod though!)

OOOOOOH nearly forgot..............we came 2nd this week in the team challenge!!!! GO TEAM!!! Lets nab 1st next week i'm hungry for another win.

Hows things with your dad Jan?

Lots of love

xxx

Happy Birthday Gem! hope you're having a good day - besides work!

I went to Roller Derby practice on Saturday and basically skated solidly for around 3 hours, my legs are killing me everytime I walk to the loo - which seems every 5 mins - it hurts so much my 94 year old Nanny could probably walk faster than me at the moment. It's not even pain in a good way, but I feel so good that I did it and I worked out and wall those calories I burnt off!

Helen

:(:(:(:(:(:( sorry! sorry! i sts!! but i WILL have a good week next week!!!...xx:wave_cry:

:flowers:HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEM!!:flowers:

thanks guys!!!

had a crap day though. boring course then came home and had a huge row with Mike.

i'm not a happy bunny and quite frankly i just want this day to be over now. haven't even opened my cards :cry: x

Ahhhh hun!

Did you find the happy bday Gem thread though? That must cheer you up, loads of people dropped by to wish you well.

Jan- a sts is not a gain, thats the main thing hun, don't worry about it you've done so well so far.

Helen-Your poor legs! You are very brave i wouldn't dare attempt a roller marathon although it does sound great fun, not been skating for years.

Are you back yet Frances?

Gt hows things going for you hun?

xxx

Just popped a couple of pics of me and my boy in an album (hopefully i've done it correctly) not partic flattering but then they were taken in sept when i was a few stone heavier. I will defo take some before and afters this weekend.

xx

Happy birthday gem!!

I'm feeling rubbish these days. :( I get the worst headaches and my morale is so stinking low because I'm not losing weight. To make matters worse, my dad said, "Are you still on your diet? You need to go back to just the powders. You look like you're gaining again."

Which I'm NOT gaining but....... Ouch!! ;.;

Hi guys, not long in actually. On the way back from my friend's I arranged to meet someone off here for a coffee at Lakeside and well.......we kinda got talking and lost track of time lol. And that place never seems to close.

So to catch up:
Jan do not worry about sts, it has to happen at some point so that you can lose again. You probably know this, but sometimes need to hear it!

GTPeach, never let anything a man says to you about your weight get to you. They just don't have the trained eye us women do. They are always the last to notice a weight loss and it just shows you how wrong they are that he is seeing a gain that isn't there! I was gonna say 1/10 for support though, but you know, in that funny male head, he probably thinks that was him supporting you. Mars and Venus etc!

Errr Hayley, lovely, lovely pictures and you and your wee man, but maybe soon you might get a little braver and show us a bit more??! LOL. You look great mind, but we want more!!

And last but not least Gem. Sorry you had such a rotten day. That is so not fair! And the one bloomin day I couldn't get to a computer so I had to wish you a happy birthday too! Put it behind you and start looking forward to your next birthday when you will be at goal and will have a lovely new job as a CDC, and a lecturer in archaeology lol!

And as pretty awful birthdays go, I can actually beat that. Mine was in July and I stuck to my shakes, and I had made an appt with the hossie to go get checked out as I had been having very very long periods. Two days before my birthday I got a letter from them rearranging my appt for my blimmin' birthday!!! So a camera up ya on your birthday must beat your awful day surely lol!!!

My "sweet 16" was pretty awful. I was out of town on a choir tour/mission trip with a bunch of people who were the popular types. They all hated me, naturally, so no one of them acknowledged it. The director was always nasty to me, too, and blamed me for everything because I goofed off when she assigned us time to memorize stuff I'd already memorized. She screamed and yelled at me ofr being n my cell to my boyfriend on ,my flipping birthday while we were having free time - ie, where I can do what I want - and to make it worse, my boyfriend and I were having a fight and he ended the call saying we needed to take a break.... We were all staying at grandma's that night, and she tried to make it great, and I enjoyed seeing everyone, but I'm about 4 yrs. older than the next oldest cousin, and am not really supr close to them, so they kind of went off to play and didn't involve me in it, and my aunts and uncles still saw me as a kid at the time, so... yeah. Lousy birthdays suck....

We should throw gem and frances a make-up birthday-ish party on the forum! We can all wish them happy birthday, find pictures of pretty decors or foods or something, and tell them why they're awesome. :)

Hi everyone,

Only just found this today!!! Thankyou that did cheer me up a lot :D xxx

Happy birthday gem!!

I'm feeling rubbish these days. :( I get the worst headaches and my morale is so stinking low because I'm not losing weight. To make matters worse, my dad said, "Are you still on your diet? You need to go back to just the powders. You look like you're gaining again."

Which I'm NOT gaining but....... Ouch!! ;.;

GT ignore that comment. I saw your pics and you look fab now!!! Like Frances said, men don't know anything!!! My Mike told me I looked like I had lost weight once and I had actually put on a stone!!! Bless them, they do try! x

Hi guys, not long in actually. On the way back from my friend's I arranged to meet someone off here for a coffee at Lakeside and well.......we kinda got talking and lost track of time lol. And that place never seems to close.

So to catch up:
Jan do not worry about sts, it has to happen at some point so that you can lose again. You probably know this, but sometimes need to hear it!

GTPeach, never let anything a man says to you about your weight get to you. They just don't have the trained eye us women do. They are always the last to notice a weight loss and it just shows you how wrong they are that he is seeing a gain that isn't there! I was gonna say 1/10 for support though, but you know, in that funny male head, he probably thinks that was him supporting you. Mars and Venus etc!

Errr Hayley, lovely, lovely pictures and you and your wee man, but maybe soon you might get a little braver and show us a bit more??! LOL. You look great mind, but we want more!!

And last but not least Gem. Sorry you had such a rotten day. That is so not fair! And the one bloomin day I couldn't get to a computer so I had to wish you a happy birthday too! Put it behind you and start looking forward to your next birthday when you will be at goal and will have a lovely new job as a CDC, and a lecturer in archaeology lol!

And as pretty awful birthdays go, I can actually beat that. Mine was in July and I stuck to my shakes, and I had made an appt with the hossie to go get checked out as I had been having very very long periods. Two days before my birthday I got a letter from them rearranging my appt for my blimmin' birthday!!! So a camera up ya on your birthday must beat your awful day surely lol!!!

Frances that definitely beats my bad birthday!!! Next year I am going to have a party and you better all be there!!! Big 25 next year! xxx

My "sweet 16" was pretty awful. I was out of town on a choir tour/mission trip with a bunch of people who were the popular types. They all hated me, naturally, so no one of them acknowledged it. The director was always nasty to me, too, and blamed me for everything because I goofed off when she assigned us time to memorize stuff I'd already memorized. She screamed and yelled at me ofr being n my cell to my boyfriend on ,my flipping birthday while we were having free time - ie, where I can do what I want - and to make it worse, my boyfriend and I were having a fight and he ended the call saying we needed to take a break.... We were all staying at grandma's that night, and she tried to make it great, and I enjoyed seeing everyone, but I'm about 4 yrs. older than the next oldest cousin, and am not really supr close to them, so they kind of went off to play and didn't involve me in it, and my aunts and uncles still saw me as a kid at the time, so... yeah. Lousy birthdays suck....

We should throw gem and frances a make-up birthday-ish party on the forum! We can all wish them happy birthday, find pictures of pretty decors or foods or something, and tell them why they're awesome. :)

I love that tell us why we are awesome bit...*head inflates* lol xxx

After coming on here and posting my woes yesterday, and having a good old cry, I patched things up with Mike and he took me to the cinema to see Saw V (I know...gory but I wanted to see it!) and he was so sweet and charming bless him. I had a good evening in the end. I did open my cards in the end too and he had written lovely lovely things in the card he got me so I couldn't stay miserable after that.

Today has been okay, not brilliant but okay. Mike left at 3pm for work, and I got in at 3:05 so I won't see him now until 7am when I get up to go to work and he comes home. That sucks so much!!!
I can't wait until I can hopefully work and we will see more of each other!!

Hayley you're pics are gorgeous!!! Did comment on one. And like Frances said, we want more!!!!! xxx

Evening all!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments about my pics, i will get some recent ones sorted as my face has changed quite a lot and will defo get some body shots done. I would have put a before on sooner but my laptop is only a few months old and so all of my old (before) type pics are on my other laptop omg this is confusing. (I was really mad when trying to add a few to the album yesterday and i hadn't even got any wedding ones i could show you) All my CD weightloss pics are in my bra and pants so not going to post them on here lol well not until i'm a size 12 and someone has invented a cure for stretch marks anyway!

Glad your bday improved Gem, how was the film? I recorded Saw 4 the other day but not had chance to watch it yet.

Gt- where are your pics hun? i can't find any? just being nosy obviously.

Sounds like you had a nice time Frances, a gossipy coffee catch up is a thing of the past now i have my little one, unless you are a fan of conversations littered with "leave it......i said leave it....1,....2.....3...!" etc etc lol.

Porridge time i'm starving today and really looking forward to going up to 1000 in a few weeks time, although i did have my first night out with the girls (just in the local) and it was quite weird, we were all sober me for dieting them for driving.....thats a first! I really enjoyed getting out for a change, i haven't been anywhere really (other than my friends wedding) since i started CD i'm sooo looking forward to having a life.

Have a great evening

xxx

The film was good Hayley but very bloody! I got the collywobbles half way through because it made me feel a bit lightheaded. Too much blood!!!

Good twist in it though. I can recommend it thoroughly.

Saw 4 is also very bloody but well worth a watch! x

Boring! Stayed the same. I sort of sensed it yesterday, TOTM etc. There was a tiny loss, like 0.4, but as far as I'm concerned it is sts. I'm not greatly disappointed, and certainly not any less motivated, we all have weeks like this and the trick with dieting is sticking at it in these weeks as well as the good weeks. It just means getting to goal is prolonged by a week as I know it will be 3 lbs again next week, and not a bigger loss to make up for having a boring week!

More annoyed that 2 girls started CD together yesterday and cleaned my CDC out of chocolate tetras (unless Gemma popped down to the seaside yesterday?!!). Was really looking forward to a hot chocolate tetra! But I paid for 3 and she will ring me when they are in -- hopefully tomorrow.

Roll on next Wednesday. It can't come too quickly for me!

Good attitude hun,

It can't be helped, you are sticking to the diet so you know you are losing it from somewhere. I think you will find this happens more frequently as you get nearer to goal, the scales haven't moved for me either as yet, infact they went up by a pound until this morning when they went back down to my sunday WI.

I feel the same as you it won't change my opinion of the diet if i sts but it will be frustrating as i know it will mean another week or two on CD for me, my body doesn't have amazing 7lb loss weeks like some people (stupid body!) but if it does slow down drastically then i will defo be ready to move up the plans in a few weeks, no point not eating and not losing fast lol!

Really looking forward to tonight, i've got all of our family over for a bonfire, fireworks and some food. I'm just off to start baking ready for later as the spuds will be in the oven all afternoon.

Gem-Its a shame about the film hun, although it could have been worse, you could have had a tum full of minstrels and popcorn when it got gory......now that would have been messy!

xxx

More annoyed that 2 girls started CD together yesterday and cleaned my CDC out of chocolate tetras (unless Gemma popped down to the seaside yesterday?!!). Was really looking forward to a hot chocolate tetra! But I paid for 3 and she will ring me when they are in -- hopefully tomorrow.

Roll on next Wednesday. It can't come too quickly for me!

You got me Frances, I cleaned her out :p you have a great attitude to staying the same and I will certainly remember it when it happens to me!! xxx

Gem-Its a shame about the film hun, although it could have been worse, you could have had a tum full of minstrels and popcorn when it got gory......now that would have been messy!

xxx

It was still a good film Hayley, just me being silly lol!!! Very true what you say about the popcorn and Minstrels. It's funny because when I was sat there with Mike, my exact words were "If I wasn't on CD I would be eating a big bag of Minstrels right now!!!" hehe! x

Just weighed myself at Mum's and apparently I have lost 6lbs!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't wait to see the result on Saturday!! xxx

woohoo 6lbs! It's looking good for Saturday! Maybe I'll go to my gym and do a mini weigh in on Sat to cheer myself up -- let's face it, it can't be much worse than sts. I'm OK, but I can really see why people go off the rails. It is harder to stay on track when you don't have the results to spur you on. Don't worry I ain't going anywhere, I'm just aware of being hungrier today for some reason. It will pass I know.

Back