The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

well done Gem thats ace
I'm counting down the days now till my 2 weeks off
I'm so fat its just embarrassing now, however am going to a leaving do on friday night and then its sole source for me (soul search would be a better term right now)

I have in mind that I want to lose a stone in the 2 weeks i'm off, going on Gems lose a stone in a week that may be ok

Figure if I spend my life in the gym i won't be here to eat. i'm so fat I'm breathless and when I managed to fit in a walk (was 10.5 miles) last week I was knackered. A few months ago I'd have had a run left in me at the end

no more excuses. have to get the balance between life and work right. need to get my mojo back

is anyone around next week - Gem, are you starting uni next week?
J

Woohoo, well done Gem, thats 19lb in 2 weeks, a great start... good luck with your move next week (or is it this week)....

Good luck also Jayne on your restart... great idea about the gym, but dont wear yourself out...

Moving on Saturday guys!!! Argh! Uni starts on 21st. I'm bricking it now!!!

If I disappear for a week it's coz I'm sorting the house out and everything. I'm taking a break from CD now until next week. I know I can get back on it again even if I do gain a few lbs. I can't think about it aswell as moving etc.

Speak to you all soon! x

doing my best to get to the end of day 1, have found gym membership cards and been to the gym this morning and step this evening, now staying in bedroom so that the temptation of the kitchen does not call me, Plus legs hurt too much to be going up and down the stairs

feeling quite virtuous as have also catered for hubby and sons friends who have come to tea( while I was at step - good time management I think) - theyve had curry, naans, spiced yog starter with poppadoms, salad and pud all cooked from scratch (apart from the poppadoms) and not a morsel passed lips

hope that today goes as well

is there anyone out there?
j

Hi Jayne, well done on the exercise and the good day dietwise.... and you did really well cooking everyone elses meal too... I used to cook the others quick meals which weren't particularly healthy and I would sit down with my quorn stir fry which I am sure tasted better than what they had so was rarely tempted by their food... nowadays I cook everything from scratch and would find it really hard to avoid temptation. Keep up the good work and hopefully you will have some really good results really soon... Good Luck.
Not sure where Gem and Frances are, Frances hasn't been around for a while, and Gem has moved and now has Uni, so I expect she is busy.....

I'm here!

Unfortunately I am not CDing right now. Hoping to restart on 4th as I just don't have the money at the moment.

I will check in and let you know either way.

Where's Frances? x

Dont know where Frances is, she hasn't been on here for a while now..... good luck with your restart on the 4th Gem... have you managed to keep the weight you had lost off or has it crept back on...
How is uni and your new house?

Like heck I have :( the minute I put anything in my mouth I pile it on again. But I'm not too worried as I know it will come off again quickly.

I have only been into uni once to select my modules so far and made a couple of friends so it's good so far. I start my lectures on Monday.

The new house is lovely and so big which means more to clean but also more room for friends and relatives to come and stay!!! x

I CAN'T SOLE SOURCE ANYMORE - don't know why but I can 't and each time i try i fail
did ok till about 1500 hours then had some feta, tomato and cucumber, could have been crisps or bread i suppose. Any way rather than just think I've stuffed it up so eat what I like I'm going to bums legs and tums at 6 and if starving on return will have chicken or fish and veg.
Am determined to lost the weight so will be on here if thats ok and doing a bit of both, CD and food combined
good to hear from you both
frances will be back , she's probably gone walking the south downs again
J

hellooooo :hide::hide: Sorry it's been sooo long. Just blimmin work, work and more work. And then I went to Hong Kong for a week -- more work, a conference. Still hanging in there on CD. Even took all my packs to HK! But staying about the same. I'm 10 4, desperate to get to 10 stone and then a rethink.

It's all happening with you Gem. You still say you are in Norfolk but you are NOT! Woohoo, you made it to uni. You've done so well on your weight loss, don't give up now. You can do this.

Well done on maintaining Linda, and Jayne, I never could sole source, but you can do this without SSing. Best of luck with your restart.

Gotta to go to bed now but I promise I'll be back soon.
xxx

Hi Everyone!

After being off track since last few weeks, i am back again. Finding it hard to do sole source but trying to start with 2 Cds and 1 normal meal.

hi Happyway, welcome back. You really need to have all 3 packs tho because they contain your recommended daily amount of all the essential vitamins and minerals and you could make yourself ill if you dont have them... You should still lose weight having the 3 and you will stay healthy too....

hi guys,
Hope everyone is having a good week. I'm back at the gym and trying to motivate myself to get back to basics and do this last flipping stone so I can get on with my life. It's been 15 months on CD SS+ now and really am stuck. I will get there, one day, no doubt. Mainly because I can't do anything else but!

Hang in there.

No it doesn't look like we have any results this week. Although Gem lost a whole stone in a week which was never recorded!

Love your daily goals Jayne, it's a great idea. It is just getting through the first few days that is the hardest. I too started back at the gym last week after a big search for my gym card! Managed three sessions. Was stiff as a board after the first but now after three I am about to put my 3 minute jog up to 4 minutes! Woohoo.

Gem, where are you? I promise I will come on more often again. Come back!

I'm here! Swamped with work and still not back on CD. I have an exam next week so hoping to get back on it after the stress of that!!! x

I'm going to restart on Monday. I want at least 3st off by Christmas which would put me at 15st which is 5lbs from where I was at my lowest so I will be much slimmer for Christmas!!!

I really need your support guys because as we all know, I have a tendency to fall of the wagon regularly!!! Are we missing any members because if we are, we should advertise for more so that we have a full team again :D x

As long as you come back soon. I started an evening course at the Univeristy of Sussex last night -- The Geology of the British Isles!

Stayed the same -- didn't manage to lose any of my 2lb gain even though I went to the gym and managed 4 days without a bit of the naughty brown stuff! My CDC is begining to think I am just meant to be 10 stone 6lbs but my BMI is not quite under 25 and I am not stopping until I get to 10 stone! I am so convinced that if I don't get to my goal it will just slide and creep on again. Got to finish the job. No matter how long it takes!

Back