The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

hi guys,

well restart didn't materialise this week due to family dinner etc. so monday will be the day.

i'm getting really miserable now as i can't fit in any of my clothes, i'm nearing 18 and a half stone again and once my 6 weeks of CD are gone, i don't know if i can afford to carry on with it.

i guess i will just have to cross that bridge when i come to it! x

Thanks Irene. Hey guys, they're reorganising the teams and have decided to rename us team 1! I wonder if it is because we are one the few original teams to keep going, or just because we are the best LOL!

So come on Team 1, fresh start and all that. Let's really give it a big effort fro Christmas so that we all celebrate our slimmest Christmas ever! Wouldn't that be a great Christmas pressie to give ourselves?

Good luck with the restart Gem. Don't worry about what happens after, just concentrate on getting the best value possible from your tetras by sticking to it and getting as much weight off as you can.

Hang in there!
Frances

Team 1! Wowsers!!! We have to live up to our name now!

Where is everyone? I'm going to really need you guys over the next few days as it's always the first 5 days that are the hardest for me! x

Good luck with your restart today Gem..... just drink tons of water whenever you feel hungry...

Thanks Linda.

I'm at that stage where I am hating myself and the way I look so I really need to keep focussed.

I just keep trying to focus on the day when I can wear leggings and not feel self conscious!!! x

Hello, do you have space on your team? x

Hello MooMoo (that's my dog's name hehe!)!

I'm not sure if we have a space. Hopefully Frances, our team leader, will come along soon and let you know :) x

I am happy to step down from the team, as I am now at goal it would be better for someone losing weight to be in the team, but I will still come along and say hello to everyone and give support when needed if everyone is happy with that.

Gem I'm here, I'm here., and thrice here! Stay focused, team number 1!!! You can do this. You know you just need to get past day five and you will be sailing. Focus. Focus. Focus. Slimmest ever Christmas!

Hi MooMoo, it would be great to have you as part of the team. Please do make yourself at home. Regardless of whether Linda steps down or not, we rarely have six results these days. We're all getting our act together though, coz we're team number 1 and we're gonna crack this! I remember when you came off CD. Gosh has it really been a year! Congrats on your wee boy.

Hey Linda, there's still space for you, so do keep coming by even if it's just to keep you on the straight and narra!
F

Last edited:
hi guys
i'm not really in the team as haven't been cd'ing or losing any weight for that matter for ages. However I will pop in to see whats going on every now and again. please give my place away. If at some point i get my mojo back i'll wait to rejoin
Jayne xx

Enough of that talk Jayne, no one needs to leave the team. I think we need it psychologically. I'm not letting you off the hook like that. I want the team to prey on the back of your mind LOL so that you come back sooner rather than later. I know that when I come on Minimins these days, it is only to come to this thread. Not wanting to let people down and to be there for you is a draw and a positive one, because it keeps me more on the straight and narrow than I would be without it. We all disappear for weeks, while we straighten our lives out but we all keep coming back because losing this weight and keeping it off is something we all want to do.

The way I see it, if we have a week when we have 7 or 8 results, we have a slight problem, but a GOOD one! We'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

New start, new target...

I agree with everything Frances has said.

I have been thinking a lot and I have decided that I am setting myself too big a target initially and it's setting me back because it's too daunting. I am aiming for my first target of 14st 7lbs. That's a 4st loss to begin with. I was quite happy with that weight last time and when I get there, if I want to go further, I will.

I am feeling quite positive and I really think I can do it this time.

I appreciate you all being there because it really does help me. I have to remain focussed. I am going to post a photo of me now to remind me of how I look and why I want to lose weight.

I'm on the right and I am gutted that I am so big again :(

Operation.jpg

Well Day 1 for me. I'm not going to say Day 1 again because it's a new start.

It doesn't matter how many times I have tried to restart. This time I will do it.

I stepped on the scales this morning and have managed to lose 4.5lbs since last week just by cutting down on carbs so I was pleasantly surprised!!! It means I can be well into the 16s and possibly the 15s by Christmas which would be awesome!!!

Hope to hear from you all some time today if you are about?! x

Aw Gem, I remember you at 14 7. You looked awesome and all the guys in the office kept flirting with you, remember? You will do it this time and you have learned to keep it steady and be careful not too go back to your old bad habits. Fresh start and all that. You, and I, both know you can do this. You are the most inspiring CDer I know. You have such strong willpower when you put your mind to it and it just fell off you week after week. You just have to get back in your zone again. Remember how much happier you were then, clocking up the losses and feeling utterly in control of what you ate and achieving what you wanted to achieve, even though you hated your job then!

I put on a lb and I am on here trying to resist going up to the shops to buy a single Freddo! Pathetic! Drinking lots of water today as I realise I have got to wise up and crack this. Everyone else seems to go more or less to their goal albeit a bit slower but I would even be happy with 2lbs a month so long as it stayed off!

Had to buy 3 weeks supply as my CDC is away next week and the week after I am going to be down in Exeter at the International Swimming School. I can swim but never learnt the breathing for the crawl properly. As a result I swim without putting my head under water and I long to be able to bat up and down the pool like a real pro, so I am going to have a week's swimming lessons and see if I can learn from scratch. Also feel I would get more benefit from swimming if I could do it properly.

So I am taking Cambridge with me to Exeter and really having a concerted effort for get back to bascis and get to 10 stone at long last so a fresh start for me too.

Wish MooMoo would come back soon. We need a starter on here too. I keep trying to think back to this time a year ago and how motivated we were Gem and get some of that back. But tiny steps and the first step is coming on here every night, and I promise I will.

GOOD LUCK GEM!!

Good luck to you both, I remember when you were smaller Gem and all the guys flirted with you too.... fingers crossed for that again, you were so inspired to do CD then...

Frances good luck to you to, such a small amount to go, but this is always the hardest bit, maybe the swimming will be the extra exercise you need to get the remaining weight off...

Thanks guys,

Trouble is when I got slimmer and all the guys were flirting with me, things got rocky with Mike and I started comfort eating again. I don't want that to happen again. Mind you, I am wiser this time!!! x

Yes, I remember that too. Can't you talk it through with Mike. Explain how important this is to you and how you really need his support on this one? Being forearmed and ready to tackle the hurdles ahead is best because you ARE GONNA GET THERE!

Back