The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Yep, I gained too from chocolate over easter. back up to 10 13lbs. I soooo do not want to see the 11's again but really struggling this week. It's so tough. Hanging in there.

Well after nearly having a heart attack when I got home from Norfolk and the scales said 20st 9lbs, I checked this morning and I am 20st 5lbs so much improvement! I am determined to get into the 19s as soon as possible!!!

Come on Frances, you will not see the 11s again. I know you won't! You can do this! x

Hey everyone!

Just a quick question...I've been doing a lot of exercise recently, and went to see my CDC yesterday (lost 4lbs yay!) and she said that it would slow down my weight loss if I did lots of cardio??

I always thought excercise would speed up weight loss? I don't want to do it if its going to stop me losing as much weight, but at the same time I can't see the logic behind it??

Hey everyone!

Just a quick question...I've been doing a lot of exercise recently, and went to see my CDC yesterday (lost 4lbs yay!) and she said that it would slow down my weight loss if I did lots of cardio??

I always thought excercise would speed up weight loss? I don't want to do it if its going to stop me losing as much weight, but at the same time I can't see the logic behind it??

Mmmmm You certainly would of thought so But I cant comment as when I was on ss or ss+ I didnt have the energy to exercise & do cardio.. But I suppose your CDC knows what she is talking about.. Why dont you try 1 week exercise & 1 week without, do exactly the same with water etc & see what ur results are like?!?! xx

Hiya Girls.....

Well Me not feeling well at the moment, I am full of cold, Had it since Saturday & still got it, The amount of beechams I have took too & it still wants to knock about with me.. :(

That headache I had last week ended up with me for nearly 3 days, it was coz it was ttom but didnt help getting a cold too at the same time, felt like someone had my head in a vice..
So I have practically been in bed since Friday night, had 2 walks sat & sun to try & clear my head & then back to bed..
Feel like I have no energy whatsoever so as soon as I am feeling myself I am back on the packs as I feel like a little chubby chubster.. :(

Anyway had my bloodtest today, I didnt pass out, whooo Hooooo, Keith came with me, felt sick, got palpatations but I coped!!

I have an interview on Wednesday, so hoping I feel better for it, I have rang & warned them I am not well & I probably wont feel myself, just hope it doesnt go against me as I think 1st impressions last & at the moment I feel like poo............

So who fancies going on the packs with me when I have got rid of me cold?? I need a kick up the ass & some motivation.. xx

Poor you, being full of the cold. All you can do sleep lots and ride it out. Get some day nurse tabs for wednesday -- they're great for drying it up short-term -- but the cold will still run its course.

Weather is getting better and I am getting back to exercising daily -- swam twice today! -- so that will help me get back on track. Bought lots of lovely summer clothes and I want to be able to wear them so that is motivating me.

Emzie, what your CDC is talking about is that cardio will build muscle and as we all know muscle weighs more than fat BUT muscle earns its keep in that it also burns fat, even when you sleep. I was told that exercise would slow my weight loss but I ignored it because in the long run my instinct told me that exercise was better for me than not, and now that I am on my last stone I find that I only seem to lose weight when I exercise -- which is what you would logically expect. I don't know, and you have to decide for yourself, but the facts are that exercise burns calories and raises your metabolic rate but as I said, muscle is heavier than fat.

Ahhh thanks that makes a lot more sense. I think overall losing weight is important but looking and feeling better is more important to me - I'd rather see the inches drop off quicker than the pounds. I think I will keep doing exercise - if nothing else it stops me think about food for an hour or two!!

Is everybody enjoying the sun? Its so annoying to be stuck inside, but I went for a really nice walk yesterday - gave me a bit of a boost to stick with it! Skirts and strappy tops here we come!!

Yeah, it's brilliant to see the sun again. It makes you feel more like exercising. Don't know about strappy tops but yes, I am trying to tone up for summer clothes.

Well the weather has been crap today, just rained pretty much all day, Yesterday was quite nice though..

Stayed in bed most of the day again today, I have took 24 beechams flu tablets since Friday & it still hasnt gone.. Sick of popping pills..

I watched an interview with Oprah this aftie bout that woman who got attacked by her ex bosses pet chimp omg, she had no face, I didnt think a chimp could attack someone like that, it ripped her face & hands off!! Really opened my eyes.. :eek:

Well interview tomorrow & I am getting quite nervous, bet I cant sleep tonight, just scared incase I sneeze snot all over them or summit awful.. lol

Never mind this time tomorrow I will thinking whats the worry.........

Will chat tomorrow.. Night Girls.. xx

Hello ladies, I'm back and raring to go. Went off on a family ski trip (loads of exercise there) and I think it must have revved up my metabolism. I was back on SS monday and I've not had any probs, seems even like it's a breeze. I gained and immediately lost 6 pounds which is my carbs/water retention weight. I can't wait for the week to be over to see how much 'fat' i've lost. Been reading up on everyone. Keep up the good work, we'll get there. Personally, i'm so sick of this diet, I'm not having any cheating bouts, planned or unplanned until I get to my next goal - under 200 lbs!!

Hope the interview went well Kels!!!
Shanny, been reading up on your diary... you seem determined to get through that last lap, you go YOU!!

Hi enlightenme, know how you feel. I've got just over a stone to go and tired of faffing around now, just want to do it. So given myself a firm talking to and I'm not going to bed until I've finished my two litre water bottle!

Spring is here now, so let's all really go for it and see where we can get to for the summer.

Kel, hope your interview went well.

And Gem, where are you? Come on, I'm getting back on the track. Can't do it without you. You know what they say, you haven't failed until you give up trying.

Last edited:
Hiya Me Little Darlings,

Well the interview went good although I thought it could of went better, My brain went to mush a few times & totally went dead when I was asked what my weaknesses are.... I said Chocolate... pmsl.
Luckily they laughed.. :rolleyes:
It sounds good, Its for Vehicle Admin/Accounts which obviously that the job I have just been made redundant from, its a big site & only gonna be 1 admin which scares me a little as its a big job & there are areas of the job I am not experienced in (mainly as the ***** in admin didnt wanna show me) The site is gonna have a play area for kids, a cafe to chill out & a games area.. It does sound Fab but I am not convident in getting the job think they may need someone with a little more experience but we will see..

I told them that a HUGE thing I like in my workplace is Fun, I like to listen to music, have a sing, have a laugh, enjoy my work & at the end of the day if the work is done & done well then its a good day well done.. I said Life is too short to not Have fun & enjoy work, etc etc, They both agreed with me, so Brownie points there.. lol..

So will see... :rolleyes:

Anyway feeling a bit more human today but still not 100% I have decided back on the packs & oss from Monday so anyone wanna join in a little challenge to keep us going, even if its a water challenge!! :D

Enlighten - Well done Babes, You Rock.........
Frances - you will get there, Not long 1st in no time girl....
Gem & Shann - Hugs..

x

Hi Girls,

Well Here we go again, Day 1.....

I have nowt but a Bad stomach all morning, lol.. Never been off the loo..
Gonna have me oss on a morning then 2 packs a day with 3l of water, well thats the plan anyway..

Hows everyone? x

Hello ladies, well i'm hanging in there. Making 199lbs my focus of the moment. I see some people on this Forum losing "5lbs" a week. That's great but somehow disheartening. I know everyone is different, so maybe i lose slower than others. I CAN be 200% and still only lose 2-3lbs a week - and i'm nowhere NEAR goal! I still have at least 30lbs min to lose, so Kels i understand about being "stuck". I put it down to having gone off plan sooo many Times m'y body hangs on to every pound it can.
All these ups and downs.. And spring is here and i feel sooo flabby ugh!

Ok rant over!!! So i'm hanging on, and i hope you gals are having a better Time at this than i am, truly!!!!

So where did elvira go to?? Any news from the interview kels??

Much the same here. Stuck too and just trying to hang in there. Hope you get some good news soon Kel. Come on Gem, come back and see us soon.

Frances

Hello ladies, well i'm hanging in there. Making 199lbs my focus of the moment. I see some people on this Forum losing "5lbs" a week. That's great but somehow disheartening. I know everyone is different, so maybe i lose slower than others. I CAN be 200% and still only lose 2-3lbs a week - and i'm nowhere NEAR goal! I still have at least 30lbs min to lose, so Kels i understand about being "stuck". I put it down to having gone off plan sooo many Times m'y body hangs on to every pound it can.
All these ups and downs.. And spring is here and i feel sooo flabby ugh!

Ok rant over!!! So i'm hanging on, and i hope you gals are having a better Time at this than i am, truly!!!!

So where did elvira go to?? Any news from the interview kels??

I know, Its depressing when ya body just doesnt wanna play ball!! Grrrr.. :mad:
5lb a week OMG, I would be over the moon, my 1st week I normally lose the most then 2-3lb after that but everyone is different..
No hun no news, I dont think I have got it! Just a feeling in my water..
Elvira is mostly on Facebook if ya have that hun.. x

Much the same here. Stuck too and just trying to hang in there. Hope you get some good news soon Kel. Come on Gem, come back and see us soon.

Frances

Thanks Hun.. Keep plodding on girl, we will get there.. x
Hugs

Hiya Girls,

Well in lovely & sunny here but a bit chilly.. Cant believe its Wed already! Flying over..
I have lost 1 measly pound so far.. WTF!! I know I havent been 100%, also really cant 'go' to the loo.. Gonna aim for 3l today, I have had so far, OSS, 1l of tea 7 1l of coffee, I have a minnie mouse huge mug that holds a litre..
I should really cut that down as that slowed my weightloss down drinking my tea keeps me from cheating as it fills me up..

x

Hello ladies, how are we doing?? I must admit I'm not doing so hot since my last post. I'm not off-plan or cheating or anything... I'm at that crossroad (and i've read lots of people's post on this forum, so I know it happens) where I'm wondering if I should stick to Cambridge, if I shouldn't stir things up (Atkins or another hi protein lo carb diet). I'm so sick of sachets, liquids etc plus I really want to step up my exercise regimen (mostly weights) and to do so I have to increase my protein. Don't know, decisions, decisions, decisions. What do you think? I still have 30 pounds to lose btw!!

Back