The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

I'm so sorry for what you're about to read.... :break_diet:

On Saturday we were ment go to a friend's for lunch she was making a light lunch so I was just going to have chicken and salad, but then we cancelled that and some friend's of my husband's came round for the evening, I'm quite shy so husband suggested I have a glass of wine to relax a bit it helped but unfortuantely 1 glass turned into a bottle, I was totally wasted! then on Sunday I was feleing really spacey, a combination of wine and no food so I had a slice of toast when I first got up and then poached egg on toast a bit later. Then I had to go round to see the friend we cancelled the day before and after I got there I could barely stand so I had a brown bread roll and did fele so much better as soon as I had that, then went home and had my turkey and mushrooms for dinner. I think it wasn't just the wine tha tmade me feel spacey as today my throat is all swollen and it really hurts when I swallow and to top it all off I haven't brought any packs with me so have to wait until I get home at about 5 to have something to eat so am trying so hard not to eat anytihng. I'm so sorry I feel I've left everyone down. But not dwelling too much and getting caught in the lapse, relapse, total collapse cycle and am 100% today.

Having said tha tit's my last day at work on Friday and my boss is taking me to Frankie and Benny's can anyone suggest good food options, thanks.

Also to redeem myself slightly I have found the most amazing recipe, turkey breast with a spoon of extra light cream cheese and sliced mushrooms, I know the cheese isn't strictly allowed but the nutrition value is the same as the cottage cheese I have, and it really is just to spread on the top.

Helen

Helen,

Just put it all behind you and focus on now. Everyone has slip ups, I'm sure you will be fine.

As for Frankie and Benny's, just be really careful. Don't have carbs whatever you do! No bread, potatoes or pasta. Try and have chicken and salad or something like that. Ask them not to put dressings on it and you should be fine.

Just get back in the saddle and you will do great :D

I'm also suffering a sore throat and feeling dizzy...must be a thing going round!!! I'm now worried I have done the wrong thing by having medicine...really worried I'm not in ketosis now :cry: xxx

Oh gem - you get better! If you're not healthy, ketosis won't matter. Look after your body's health first, and then we can focus on CD!

punk - It's good that you're getting back on the right track instead of feeling miserable and giving up. Go you!! What concerns me most is not that you cheated - so many people make mistakes. It's that you felt you needed an entire bottle of alcohol to relax around your husband's friends.... I know it is awful to be so painfully shy, but maybe next time you could try some other way? It worries me because that's how a lot of addictions start.... and from what I've seen thus far, you're a great person who doesn't need alcohol to be worth associating with and having fun around.

To get to an up note on the thread.... I haven't lost anothe rlb. over the weekend :( But................

I put on a dress from a long time ago yesterday - one my boobs were coming out the top of and my stomach was really tight and choking in last time worn. had a good 2 or 3 inches of extra fabric around my boobs, and at least that around my sides. I couldn't hold the dress up anymore! I'll post pictures when I get to goal - the beginning, the middle, and the time where I'll wear that fancy gown in a moving picture clip then let go to show it fall to the ground and me in a gorgeous 6-8 dress! And.....

I bought an 8 skirt yesterday. It doesn't look good at all - still a fat bulge. But it is up and zipped! I bought a 10/12 that I can actually wear out! :-D This means that in terms of sizes lost, I am 2/3 done with my diet!!!!

i know what you are saying about the alcohol thing. i used to not be able to go out without getting absolutely trolleyed!!! im teetotal now, and i quickly realised that i was not doing myself any favours by getting smashed all the time! x

hiya ladies! sorry your not feeling well gem hope you feel better very soon! ive had my 2nd wi 2day but on my own scales as my cdc not coming till next monday! and ive lost 6 3/4lb im am on a great big high!! cant belive ive lost 19lb in 2 weeks it seems unreal! anyway enough about me hope all you ladies are ok.xx

that's excellent smurf! we're rocking again for this week in the team challenge! i bet you feel great don't you? it's an amazing feeling when that first stone comes off! xxx

i just cant belive ive done it!! thought id give up the 1st day! but well pleased i didnt.xx

this is so true soontobelittlegem.x

Oh man am I ever scared that I am no longer in ketosis!!! I haven't tested in a few days, and I will be testing ASAP tomorrow. So, so scared. I didn't cheat, per se, but I was cooking today and had a teeny bit of bruschetta (without the bread) to make sure the blend was right to serve tomorrow. So, so scared!

If I'm knocked out, then I shall be returning to sole source for 3 more weeks, and then restarting the 200 calorie thing.

It's that you felt you needed an entire bottle of alcohol to relax around your husband's friends.... I know it is awful to be so painfully shy, but maybe next time you could try some other way? It worries me because that's how a lot of addictions start.... and from what I've seen thus far, you're a great person who doesn't need alcohol to be worth associating with and having fun around.

Whoops sorry maybe I gave the wrong impression I had a glass of wine to relax and then glasses just kept getting topped up. There's no fear of me getting addicted to alcohol, my parent's have always been open to the idea of me and my brother drinking at home so there was no novelty when I started going out at 16/17 so most of the time I'd have blackcurrant and soda (20p cheap date!!) I'm not an angel by any means spent a year with a bad crowd and mostly drunk and skiving college and then at 18 went out with a friend for farewell drinks drank shedloads of vodka and fell out of a pub and down some steps breaking my nose and scarring my face! If out in a pub I'd much rather have J20 or blackcurant and soda than anything stronger.

sorry i didn't mean to insinuate you were an alcoholic pbfhpunk!!!! x

how is everyone today? any news on the weekly team challenge results? x

hi gem, im good ive had another good day drinking loads of water! hows u?.xx

bit miserable today smurf! fed up with work and life in general!!! im gonna test for ketosis soon to check i haven't knocked myself out of it with the cough medicine. will be annoyed if i have!!!

good to hear you are drinking lots of water! i always make sure i have 4.5l a day xxx

Hi guys sorry I havent been in contact - I currently only sleeping and working. I STS this week (weigh in was Sunday) bit pants but guess it serves me right with the add a meal and few slip ups. Here's to a new week.

well done on everyones losses

x

don't beat yourself up 161ds! sts is not putting on weight. it's still an achievement.

you'll do well in your next weigh in :) x

Sorry punk; didn't mean to imply. :)

Well done everyone on water and losses.

And I checked this morning - went from light to heavy ketosis! Yahoo!

Made some homeade bruschetta and salad for my class today for a project. (Marketing ideas). They loved it!!

glad to hear that GTPeach!

i'm about to test for ketosis myself to make sure i didn't knock myself out with that cough medicine :sigh: x

Ohhh fingers crossed Gem! I've ran out of strips!!
For some reason i'm really hungry today, can't get a tuna, sweetcorn and red onion sandwich(on granary) out of my mind!

161ds- don't worry hun you are only human, and its not made any difference, just try your hardest this week, but give yourself a break, you're on nights aren't you?xx

pbfh-Don't worry about justifying anything hun, i don't think anyone meant to imply anything. Anyway i for one can't wait to get a large G&T down my neck once i get to goal!!

Smurf- you are so positive, what a great attitude to this diet you have!

Gt- i'm coming over the pond when i get to goal for some of your food, you even make add a meal, meals sound good lol and congrats on hardcore ketosis.

Right my lovely team mates better go and re post our scores

Back in a mo

xxx

Back