The Slimming Kitchen

Thank you everyone.
Glad you like my thread and fb group too.
I took today off SP as we went out for an Indian tonight for hubby's birthday but I still stuck within daily syns so made it a EE day.
I've enjoyed SP its nice having different meals and I've stayed full from them too. Some days I've only had two meals.
Will see what tues weigh in shows for me xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Extra Easy SP Day

I didn't have breakfast today felt poorly again when I woke up but almost over my cold thankfully. xxx

Syn Free Mushroom Soup

This is a very tasty recipe despite how it looks as I know mushrooms aren't the best looking food out there lol. This recipe is syn free & would also make a good Extra Easy SP meal due to the Speed & Protein foods in the ingredients.

The recipe serves 2 big portions or 4 small portions

Ingredients:
650g of mushrooms, I used a big cheap pack from Asda, chopped.
1 onion, chopped.
A small handful of red lentils.
Garlic granules.
900ml of Chicken or vegetable stock.
A few tablespoons of Quark.
Salt & pepper to taste.

Method:
Place everything apart from the Quark into a large saucepan & add the stock.
Stir it well & add plenty of salt & pepper to taste & a good sprinkle of the garlic granules. Simmer on a medium heat for around 20-30 minutes or until soft.
Once cooked remove from the heat & stir in 3-4 spoonfuls of Quark. Blitz the soup well until it is nice & smooth.
I served mine with some Quark mixed with abit of water & piped it onto the top of the soup with a little sprinkle of Oregano.

2.jpg

Tonight's Extra Easy SP Dinner
Keema Curry with Cauliflower Rice

Serves 2
Ingredients:
250g of 5% fat or less minced beef
1 onion, chopped finely
2 large carrots, diced
Garlic granules
Chilli flakes
5 tablespoons of tomato puree
5 tablespoons of passata
1 tsp of dried coriander
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of chilli powder
200ml of Oxo beef stock
A nice handful of frozen peas
Some grated cauliflower for the rice.

Method:
Cook the onions, carrot & a good sprinkle of garlic granules in a large frying pan for a few minutes until golden brown. Add the minced beef & break it up with a wooden spoon stirring well until cooked through. Add all the spices & stir well. Mix in the tomato puree & passata then the beef stock. Simmer on a medium heat until the sauce thickens. Grate the cauliflower & place in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water & plenty of seasoning. Microwave for 3-4 minutes & serve.

4.jpg 3.jpg

Snacks:
Salted caramel hifi bar (HEB)
Rocky road hifi light bar S food if one bar (HEB)

Syns on Mullercorner strawberry yogurt & 1/2 glass of fosters (8 syns in total) xxx

Just got back from weigh in and I've lost 4lbs very pleased with this as that's what I gained over two weeks during Christmas lol.
Now I'm off to have a carb overdose dinner as I did SP all week lol xxx

That's brilliant well done on your loss. Loving the look at that keema curry too xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Wow, 4lbs is amazing well done, hope you enjoy those carbs tonight! X

Just got back from weigh in and I've lost 4lbs very pleased with this as that's what I gained over two weeks during Christmas lol.
Now I'm off to have a carb overdose dinner as I did SP all week lol xxx

Well done!! That's fantastic :) :)

Thank you everyone I was so pleased.
I'm halfway to target now too.
I'm mega motivated now because we've booked a holiday going at end of Feb to Egypt.

Here's tonight's EE meal...

Good old bacon potatoes peas and mushrooms. Mannnn I needed those spuds lol xxx

image-3576804847.jpg

congrats on being halfway to target! :D Im also just 4 pounds off halfway to mine! *WOO* egypt sounds AMAZING! So jealous! Keep going, you've worked hard and earned it! :)

congrats on being halfway to target! :D Im also just 4 pounds off halfway to mine! *WOO* egypt sounds AMAZING! So jealous! Keep going, you've worked hard and earned it! :)

Thank you Hun.
Well done in getting close to yours too. We will do it in no time.
I love Egypt been many times but always stay in different hotels xxx

I here to subscribe if you don't mind as your meals always look delicious and I'm about to embark on a week of EESP.
Well done on your loss :) x

Ooopps forgot to post again the last couple of days.
Here is tonight's dinner. xxx

Tonight's Dinner
Peri peri chicken, homemade chips using Nando's peri peri salt (1 syn), salad, 1 tbsp of lighter than light mayo & BBQ sauce (2 syns). Not sure what syns to count for the skin but I've not had anymore syns today so should cover it.

2.jpg

Oh that dinner looks delish, I've got piri piri chicken tonight too. Do you use the hairy bikers recipe? It's fab! Im Having mine with homemade spicy rice and coleslaw, can't wait! Congrats on this weeks loss too, I weighed in today and I'm down 5.5lb. Absolutely over the moon! This is my first week ever of slimming world, so I'm very happy! Xx

Hello are you still coming in the mini meet in Manchester next week 17/1? It'd be good to meet you xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hello are you still coming in the mini meet in Manchester next week 17/1? It'd be good to meet you xx Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I didn't know there was a meet Hun. I don't really chat to many people on here so don't know that many people apart from you as I'm not always on the forum so lose touch with people etc. I hope you have a great time xxx

Oh that dinner looks delish, I've got piri piri chicken tonight too. Do you use the hairy bikers recipe? It's fab! Im Having mine with homemade spicy rice and coleslaw, can't wait! Congrats on this weeks loss too, I weighed in today and I'm down 5.5lb. Absolutely over the moon! This is my first week ever of slimming world, so I'm very happy! Xx

Hi Hun
I have the Hairy Dieters books but that was just a ready bought chicken. I have tried their recipe though and it is beaut.
I am so glad you are enjoying SW. Well done on your fantastic loss thats brilliant. Keep me updated on how you are getting on xxx

Yesterday's meals on Extra Easy SP :)

Breakfast:
Weetabix (HEB), 125ml semi skimmed milk (3 syns), Clementines.

Lunch:
Butternut Squash & Chorizo Soup (2.5 syns)

10928142_303830986493783_1493209860_n.jpg

Dinner:

Chicken breast with cauliflower, carrots, spring greens, green beans and 40g low fat cheddar (HEA)

2.jpg

Snacks:
Salted caramel hifi bar (HEB)

Syns: 5.5

Back