The small things that keep us motivated

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
I got to thinking today as I was sat on the sofa with my knees up close how amazing it was that I can do that now, and it got me thinking - there are so many small victories in losing weight that sometimes get lost, so I thought I would start recording them. I reckon it would be a good motivator and reminder in those darker and weaker moments to reinforce how brilliant it is to lose weight. Please do add your own, we could get a massive list going that might just help one of us stay on track when the force of the dark side is strong :)

Being able to cross my legs when sitting.
Being able to hug my knees when I'm sitting.
Having a hot bath and being able to wrap a fluffy towel ALL the way round.

Being able to give my bf a really tight snuggily hug and feel like he's hugging me not just my extra layers! I love hugs :)

Being able to go into a clothes shop and pick anything up in a size 14 and know that it will fit you and likely look decent on you. Beats how I currently feel tht I don't even want anyone to look at me or see me. Can't wait to get back into all the beautiful and stylish clothes I have and can buy :)

*Feeling like I can actually move my body, people have been noticing I can walk a lot faster now
*Being able to actually choose a pair of jeans that I like rather than having to buy the pair that could actually get past my thighs
*Sweating Less!
*Feeling small in my Bf's arms for the first time :D
*Being able to wear t shirts without a cardy!
*putting body moisturiser on is now not an arduous challenge anymore!
*no more suffocation when I paint my toe nails!

A compliment I received yesterday really made me smile - "Your hair looks amazing... is it yours?" :D

Wow - Pen - you have lost so much weight. What a star you are!! 100% almost the entire time too. that is certainly impressive, well done.

I have noticed so many great things being slimmer

ordering clothes online without worrying they won't fit
Not feeling guilty or shameful when eating in public
Not having to think twice about popping upstairs to get something

One drawback - Aggravated tailbone injury due to less padding on my derrière!! Well you can't win them all.

Back