The SnS Diaries, highs, lows and many returns

You. Ve drawn a line under ur blip so am sure u ll be ok x x it's when we give up that is the problem. :)

Hi Bananas! Thank you for your support in my diary :) Don't worry about your blip, sometimes we just need greasy pizza and chocolate you're only human.

Great idea ordering the packs you like most - it makes it so much easier if you enjoy what you're eating.

I hope today is going well X

I know I'm lacking energy as well I wish I could get that 'buzz'. I'm sure you'll be back in ketosis in no time hun, just keep going! X

Bananas said:
Well yesterday was a total write off. Could sit here n say I regret it, the food was horrible etc etc...but tbh I think it was needed and man I enjoyed that greasy pizza and the fatty chocolate.

The important thing is that I get back on it today, I managed last week but maybe that was easier as it was planned. I'm not sure.

But here goes...

Ah pizza and choc my two biggest weaknesses too!!!! Don't worry, start a fresh now and u won't have done too much damage :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bananas said:
Mushroom pasta over asparagus. Yum :)

Mmm I forgot how good that is! Well done on being good and keep it up as you know it's worth the effort!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Still having trouble.
Fine during the day but really struggle when at work through the night. Drank loads but had a biscuit which turned into a few biscuits :(

Didbt enjoy them this time.

So I'm going to take a little break as I'm not wanting to waste my packs with false starts. Feel like such a failure but my mental health ain't great just now.

You are not a failure at all please don't think that. You're trying to do something which is the most important thing. It takes a lot to stick to a VLCD and it's normal to have little wobbles but don't worry, you will get back into it when you're ready.

What do you work as? I haven't had to do any nights yet whilst on S&S but I'm definitely not looking forward to that as I rely on sugar to get through a night shift!

You have your packs now so when you're ready just start again :)

Thinking of you hun X

Last edited:
Aaw Hun, it's a very difficult thing to do this, and I find you just have to get your head in the right space for it to work.

Look at how others do their motivation, write things down, pictures, etc help.
I have stuff on my phone that motivates me..
I hate the fact that it costs money and I hate wasting that! Lol..

get mini goals in place along with mini treats, tell yourself it's not for ever, get a count down to something and mark it off in your calendar.

Take it as a journey to finding out how you tick, whoopsies are to be mulled over and reasons found out as to why they happened?
It's a learning curve about ourselves more than a diet...
We all struggle, some more than others, we are all different and you deserve to be a bit easier on yourself!

It took some of us a long time to get to be big, and it will take a long time mentally to get to be smaller!

I wish you the very best if luck with it, the achievement of doing something like this is soo worthwhile.
I hope you find the support to do this here, as we all need each other to keep going..

Hugs
X

Last edited:
You are not a failure at all please don't think that. You're trying to do something which is the most important thing. It takes a lot to stick to a VLCD and it's normal to have little wobbles but don't worry, you will get back into it when you're ready.

What do you work as? I haven't had to do any nights yet whilst on S&S but I'm definitely not looking forward to that as I rely on sugar to get through a night shift!

You have your packs now so when you're ready just start again :)

Thinking of you hun X

Thanks very much :)

I work as a staff nurse, am usually ok when doing a vlcd in work but the combination of not having much sleep, 12 hour shifts and lacking the usual vlcd energy made it really hard. I'm trying to eat well just now though :)

Aaw Hun, it's a very difficult thing to do this, and I find you just have to get your head in the right space for it to work.

Look at how others do their motivation, write things down, pictures, etc help.
I have stuff on my phone that motivates me..
I hate the fact that it costs money and I hate wasting that! Lol..

get mini goals in place along with mini treats, tell yourself it's not for ever, get a count down to something and mark it off in your calendar.

Take it as a journey to finding out how you tick, whoopsies are to be mulled over and reasons found out as to why they happened?
It's a learning curve about ourselves more than a diet...
We all struggle, some more than others, we are all different and you deserve to be a bit easier on yourself!

It took some of us a long time to get to be big, and it will take a long time mentally to get to be smaller!

I wish you the very best if luck with it, the achievement of doing something like this is soo worthwhile.
I hope you find the support to do this here, as we all need each other to keep going..

Hugs
X

Thank you sooo much :). Im trying again today. I think the break was needed as I had zero energy and it wasnt good for work. Also, I had a 5km run today and know I wouldnt have managed if on vlcd. Its hard as I really want to get to goal asap but I really miss exercise too.

I'm going to have 5 packs today as I think I need some extra protein due to the run and little weights workout I did earlier...

Well done on your 5k run that's great, I haven't had much energy to go running since starting - maybe the 5 packs is the way to go on run days!

Well done for not giving up :) a little break is just what you need sometimes to get going again.

It's hard doing a VLCD when you need energy to be on your feet for 12 hours at a time. I'm not qualified yet but it's crazy to see how much responsibility the staff nurses have and how tiring it is so I think you're doing great to even try S&S.

You will get back in those skinny jeans! X

Bananas said:
Thank you sooo much :). Im trying again today. I think the break was needed as I had zero energy and it wasnt good for work. Also, I had a 5km run today and know I wouldnt have managed if on vlcd. Its hard as I really want to get to goal asap but I really miss exercise too.

I'm going to have 5 packs today as I think I need some extra protein due to the run and little weights workout I did earlier...

Rebekah recommends protein boosts while exercising? I was having difficulty doing exercise and also vlcd.
She recommended 5 packs, or eggs or a particular brand of muscle building protein? I can't remember wh

Well done on the 5 K I do miss running but my knees couldn't have coped with the weight! Lol. I want to get down to 10 stone before I need to try running..

well sober.

Back