The start of something good!

Day 34

Hello

Getting nervous before tomorrow's weigh-in - not because I have fallen off the wagon but because it is week 5 and at some point this has to slow down. I am aiming for 4lbs mentally.

Well, cannot do anything about it now! Off to watch TV...and catch up on the rest of you!

Love Cx

Day 35

Hello

Just 3 lbs this week but as it is TOTM and I have been doing a lot of sleeping I guess it could be worse!

First day back at work tomorrow and I have a stinking headache already. I will take some tablets and go to bed, hopefully that will soften it enough for the morning.

I know I shouldn't be in a grump, but I can't help it after such good results.

Love Cx

Day 36

Helllooooooo Minimins

A day of two halves today - started off feeling low as a result of yesterday's weigh-in* and the worst period pains since I was a teenager; why oh why has my pill decided not to work its magic when on this diet???

* I know that it is ridiculous to be miffed at losing 3lbs in a week as on a SW/WW type diet that is a standard to good result. I guess the initial losses on CD are so great that they spoil us

The better half of the day was updating my progress photos and realising that there is a difference in 4 weeks...I have a neck that is slimmer than my head and I look less puffy overall.

I will keep updating them and share them when I get the courage.

Off to check up on the rest of you now.

Love Cx

EDIT: I forgot to update my statistics - previous average was 0.86lbs per day this has changed to 0.77lbs per day. To reach my goal within 1 year I need an average of 0.53lbs per day so well ahead of schedule!

Day 37

Hello there

What a stressful day at work...and I forgot my packs in the car so had to walk back up the massive hill to the car park but I didn't succumb to the massive box of guylian that have appeared at work and stuck to the plan s o I am very pleased with myself.

Stuck to SS+ yesterday and today having 3 packs and a small meal. It doesn't feel that different from the 810 plan to be honest.

My friend is having a wedding in March so I have something fun to look forward to and focus on as a goal!

What to wear is the next question!

Love Cx

Day 38

Hello

Another OK day today, stuck in training for most of the day so managed to get the water and packs done without much of a fuss.

I met up with a friend last night and she was offering me half her cake and wanting me to go out with her in the next few weeks to a new italian restaurant...I refused the cake, then refused it again and again and again. I managed to be non-commital to the restaurant date.

I book the hotel for my friend's wedding and saved £26 on the breakfasts ( I am am bringing my own, so can my OH! ) - which is a nice bonus!

I am tucking into a tin of tuna at the moment and the cat is staring at me. This is carefully measured out so she can beg all she wants, she ain't getting any!

TMI time
Another period which is annoying me, as I am still taking my pill and this one is very painful. Can't wait until hormones sort themselves out and I am back to normal.

Need some cheering up and inspiration so will have a wander around the rest of your stories!

Love Cx

Day 39

Hello

Today was OK - had 2 tetras, 1 bar, chicken and celery and am on the way to 3 litres of water. Still suffering with my period; this is a proper teenage one, lots of pain and frequent trips to the loo. Not at all nice.

Realised that tomorrow is day 40 - I am half amazed that I have stuck so well to the plan, and half not amazed as it is still feeling relatively easy. I guess that as I don't have to cook for anyone or be around food in any way I am extremely lucky - I don't know how people with families manage it.

Off to take a multitude of painkillers and hunt out the hot water bottle!

Love Cx

Day 40

Hello

Got through today OK, still in pain and suffering but I am getting used to it now. I am hopeful that it will soon end as it has been nearly a week now.

Day 40. WOW. I generally am not good and applauding myself and acknowledging my achievements. So I am going to :clap: myself lots today as 40 days is pretty darn good! That's 40 days without carbs, without binging, without food related stress, without feeling guilty and with losing 27lbs!

I really want a good loss at the weekend, but I am worried that the period from hell will mess it all up again. Oh well, technically speaking I have to have burnt about 4 lbs of fat just to have survived so there scales!!!

Off to catch up with you all now.

Cx

Day 41

Hello

Getting really tired of the period stuff at the moment, every two hours I have to go to the toilet. Not sure if I can deal with the lack of sleep it is causing or the frequent trips to the supermarket to make purchases.

Food wise I had 2 packs today and a meal...managed to have a brief nap in the afternoon missing pack number 3.

Weigh-in tomorrow. Not at all hopeful for scales to move in a downward fashion as I feel like every litre of water I have drunk has stayed on me!

Hopefully when this is all over my weightloss will be massive.

Love Cx

Day 42

Hello

Stayed the same this week, which given my hormone situation was not unexpected; it is still disappointing, given that I have stuck 100% to the plan, but as my CDC and I discussed, mathematically I have had to burn fat to survive, so hopefully once things have settled down the water will leave and things will be on the way down again.

Period is still causing me to frequent the bathroom every 2 hours and my sleep deficit is building up...fingers crossed things get better this week.

Really going to focus on getting at least 3 litres of water done at work this week.

Love Cx

Sounds like you are having a rough time of it :(

But just think of it as a test, if you can stick 100% to the plan through this then you can stick to it through anything :) and when you all settle down back to normal you will really see the difference.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Day 43

Oh, the joy of modern medicine! I cannot sing its praises enough today!

Got up really early to queue for a triage nurse to call me so that she could decide that I did indeed need to see a doctor who gave me some tablets to take - three a day - and by the second one things have almost stopped and I am able to be more than 30 metres away from a toilet! YEAH!!! I have to taken them for a month with my normal pill and then see what happens!

Feeling so relieved now it is surprising how draining it has been on me.

Already done 2.5 litres and aiming for 3.5 by the end of Biggest Loser tonight.

Really going to focus on the water and keep my fingers crossed for the weigh-in on Sunday!

Off to catch up with the rest of your updates now.

Clair x

Hi Clair, I've just been catching up on your diary, well done on managing 42 days. So sorry you have had the period from hell, it really does drain you and it's not much fun as it makes you feel really paranoid as well. So glad the Dr sorted you out :D so to speak. No doubt you will have an amazing loss this week. Well done x :)

Day 44

Hello one and all

A much better day today - got a good night's sleep with no toilet trips and although it isn't completely finished, it is a lot more manageable so I am feeling much happier.

I am meeting up with a friend on Friday evening for a catch up and I am worried about what I am going to eat. I will try and get hold of the menu before hand and see if there is anything CD friendly on there, if not I will call and see if I can negotiate chicken and veg/salad! Shouldn't be too difficult - hopefully!

Not sure how I will feel if the scales don't move again at the weekend. The maths mean that i have to be burning some fat - otherwise I am living on thin air...

Watched TBL last night and again was surprised that they don't tell you not to follow what they are doing without seeing a doctor first...it is my 'thing' now so sit there listening for it. I watched last seasons too and I have noticed that they always demonise one of the pairs from the get-go...It doesn't ring true to me...they didn't show the orange team not doing the exercise, but then tell us that they don't doooo anything...seems a little weird to me.

Anyway off to catch up with your updates and eat my chicken and celery!

Love Cx

Day 45

Hello

Another day coming to an end and I am pleased to say that the peeing is on the increase and so is the badger-arse mouth. This cheers me up (bizarre I know) as it hopefully means that the tablets are working and a loss will be mine at the weekend!

Still feeling amazingly brilliant and happy with the plan - really think that being able to eat a little has made all the difference.

Will this optimism wear off???

Love Cx

Day 46

Hello

Grumpy here!

Good day plan wise, still riding the motivation high...bad day work wise...that makes me grumpy as I am worried about the trouble I may be in tomorrow! Oh well, can't change what has happened so will just have to deal with it if I am pulled into the bosses office.

Really looking forward to the weigh-in, I had my first sneaky one this morning and it has gone down since last sunday!

Off to get some cheer from your posts now,

Love Cxxx

Day 47

Hello

I was up most of the night looking after my sister who was poorly, then I went to work and was petrified about being told off which never happened and the person who I thought would mention it did come and talk to me and never even went anywhere near the subject! Phew!

I met up with a former colleague and current colleague after work and we have a great catch up and I ordered grilled tuna steak and salad, that proceeded to arrive with salad and chips and peas. I immediately farmed off the chips and the peas to said colleagues and slowly ate my tuna and salad. I didn't feel deprived and had an excellent evening. I didn't look longingly at their food - I couldn't remember what it tasted like to miss it if that makes sense.

Looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow and a facial...should set me up nicely for a good weigh-in on Sunday!

Love Cx

Day 48

Hello

I had a really nice relaxing time having a facial and back massage - much needed. It was a different facial to the ones I have had before - used a steam machine which took a bit of getting used to but has worked wonders on my oily spotty t-zone!

Food wise all was good and I am just finishing off my 3rd litre of water...looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow! Hopefully it will be a good loss and be worth having gone through the last week or so.

Love Cx

Day 49

Hello

Well today's loss was a handsome 5 lbs! Very pleased, given all the hormonal ups and downs.

I am now heading into unknown territory CD wise, never made it past this point before!

Felt really tired today and had an afternoon nap...I wish I could do that every day!

Time to catch up with the rest of you.

Love Cx

EDIT: Previous average daily loss was 0.77, it is now 0.65lbs per day; still ahead of schedule!

Last edited:
Day 50

Hello

Really did well on the water front so far today, 2.5ltr done whilst at work so only about 1ltr to do this evening...will use The Biggest Loser as a motivational tool - might even try a drink-a-long!

Work was tedious - I love what I do, just not everyone that I have to work alongside!

This undiscovered country of going past week 7 is Ok so far!

Love Cx

EDIT: Spoke too soon! I have eaten a mini porkpie. Yes it was lovely, but now I feel a bit sick! I just came over like a beast - and wanted to eat everything in my path - the cat ran away just in time! I guess this was bound to happen at some point, especially with all the hormones in my system at the moment. Oh well, forward charge! No point in stressing about it.

Last edited:
Back