The start of something good!

Day 23

Hello

I am starting to struggle a bit, not through cravings or any overwhelming desire to eat everything that isn't labelled "not for human consumption" but just through utter boredom with the flavours mixed with having a heck of a lot of free time on my hands that would usually be filled with food, shopping for food or preparing food.

I guess this is something to deal with as it shows how much I was using food to fill time. Not sure what to fill the time with - apart from sleep!

Really hope I get a good loss on Sunday - it would be nice to have another 7 lbs over the two weeks...

I guess I am also struggling with the time thing...this is the quickest I can lose weight and I have already said goodbye to a stone, but I want to see the difference NOW...patience never was one of my strong points.

Oh well, off to have a bit of a weep now I think...let the frustration out and also use a bit of time up!

Love Cx

Day 24

Hello
Struggled today - just felt like crying most of the time...didn't give in and eat anything bad; allowed myself a bit of chicken with lunch time shake and a bit of sausage with evening 'meal'. Hopefully that extra protein won't mess me up too much. Cheered myself up by watching Strictly Ballroom and the Polar Bear spy camera programme!
I realised just now that Sunday's weigh-in will be 4 weeks since I started - that's quite a long time.
Once I am back at work I will be back to regular shakes and soups and water consumption. As I have been sleeping in late I have missed a couple of shakes and struggled to get all the water down in time!
Off to find some inspiration now...
Love Cx

hi clairbear just read through your diary cant belive ive missed it lol you are doing brill, im off work too so no what you mean by boredom cant wait to back to work on tuesday regular morning wake ups haha

good luck with your journey xx

You are doing so well, keep up the good work! I am on day 2 with 70lbs to lose....

Struggling already, felt really sick earlier and terrible, terrible headache. Still, being so fat feels worse so i have got to get used to it!

Cheryl xx

Day 25

Hello

A weird day today - was OK whilst sat in the hairdressers for hours having highlights done and then by the time I got home I was all angry and wanting to throw a tantrum! I guess I am 'bored' with this now, it's no longer new or exciting and two weeks without a weigh-in is testing my motivation etc.

Looking forward to seeing my CDC on Sunday; just seen that she is up on the Cambridge website as the 2010/11 Slimmer of the Year - I knew about this before but it will be interesting to see what she has been doing media wise etc!

Focussing on making it to Sunday...

Love Cx

Wow it is a small world this years slimmer of the year is one of my CDC. Ladies they are off to hong kong soon if it's the right lady , she lost loads of weight.

Day 26

Hello

Did OK today - just thinking about getting to Sunday...no further. I think that I am being impatient and unrealistic. I know that CD is fast and I want it to work now and have all this weight gone today!

Hope everyone has a good new year's celebration / party / sleep!

Love Cx

Day 27

Hello

Looked in my car boot today and have a few more packs left than I thought I would...oops. I have obviously not been having 3 packs everyday due to my oversleeping. Oh well, could be a heck of a lot worse.

Looking forward to weigh-in and chat with CDC in the morning, hoping that I can get my thoughts in order and focus on the week by week work.

Saw a pizza advert today and nearly launched at the TV...that's not a good sign!

Love Cxxx

Day 28 - Weigh-In

Hello Minimins!

What a start to the New Year! My weigh-in today was very good a whole 10 lbs done and dusted over Xmas and New Year!

That makes a total of 24 lbs in 28 days - which makes an average of 0.86 lbs per day. I feel a graph coming on...

Anyway, I thought I would try to come up with as many things that I can think of that I have achieved in the past month:

1) Lost 24 lbs
2) Stayed on the plan - CD packs, protein and veggies only
3) Eaten regularly - no binges
4) Stayed strong in the face of temptation
5) Felt more positive about the journey

As you can see I couldn't think of that many so far, maybe I will think of some more tomorrow.

Caught up with my CDC and had a good chat - she really understands the thoughts and feelings I am having.

Off to update bits and read all your posts!

Love Cx

Last edited:
Measurements

Hello

I thought I would add my start and current measurements...

Chest 54" now 51" lost 3"
Waist 49.5" now 47" lost 2.5"
Hips 59" now 56" lost 3"

It will be great when they are all in the 40's!

Cx

Wahoo!! Well done Claire! Amazing you have achieved all of those things in one month and in December as well!!! That has to be the hardest month to diet. Happy New Year! xx

Day 29

Hello there!

Today I was really worried that the euphoria of yesterday's result would overtake me and I would begin to negotiate with myself. I got through the day OK - had my packs and a meal. OH's mum made me a different dinner which wasn't even asked for - she is really supporting me which is nice.

OH and I walked for 35 mins (as fast as I could, which was a lot faster than I thought) round and round a lake in the afternoon and I was shocked at how good I felt, and how much energy I had; even going up the hill. I will pick a bigger lake next time to save continuing the roundabout theme that Telford has!

One thing that is a little odd that I have noticed is my skin. Pre-CD I was a personification of the Deep Water Horizon oil spill - my forehead was grease-central. Over the past 4 weeks it has got better and better. This is a more than welcome by-product! I will put away the industrial grease remover for the time being!

Has anyone else found that their skin has changed?

Off to catch up on the rest of you now!

Love Cx

Day 30

Hello

Finally managed to wake up early enough to get three packs in as well as a meal. Yeah!

I mentioned to my OH this evening that if I make it past the 6 week mark, then this will be the longest that I have stuck to a 'diet' since losing 8 stone as a teenager (19 to 11 stone). That was 14 years ago. I have basically put on a stone a year since then. I thought about it and this feels completely different to all the other attempts (which included - CD, LL, SW, Diet Chef, calorie-counting, Food Doctor, high-protein, low-fat, Xenical, over-exercising etc) and I am in a state of mind that is similar to that I was in back then...a sort of "can't-be-arsed" to cheat or eat or not stick to the plan mood.

Hopefully this lasts and I can start setting some records!

Love Cx

Day 31

Hello

OK day today, woke up really late so only got two shakes down and a meal...must set the alarm and actually get out of bed tomorrow!

Just watching Britain's Fattest Man on Channel 4 - the human body is amazing in so many ways.

Looking forward to my birthday on Friday - not sure what to do that doesn't involve eating; any ideas???

Love Cx

Day 32

Hello

Today was OK, again I think I am going to get a period - still taking my Pill - but am getting a familiar lower abdominal pain. I will raise this with my Dr the next time I see him.

Really excited about my birthday tomorrow...think I will be off to the zoo for the day; lots to see and do and limited food sources to tempt me!

I am focussing on Sunday again as my target, not letting myself think too far into the future as it depresses me and may take me off course.

I thought the programme last night about Paul Mason was interesting...it showed the immense emotional struggle that goes on - it is more than just the food.

Anyway off to catch up with all your updates now...

Love Cx

I love the zoo!! I'm very jealous, hope you have a fab day.
I missed britains fattest man, think I may have to watch it on catch up as everyone has been talking about it.
Hope your period doesn't bring too many food cravings, mine always does and it's torture.xx

:talk017:

Happy Birthday ClairBear! :D

**Happy Birthday!!**

and congratulations on your fabulous work so far - well done!!!

Day 33

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

If you didn't guess I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY!!! I was bought up in a family where your birthday meant that the whole day was on your rules! Therefore I wanted some snow and snow arrived, I wanted a lie in (yes, another one) and I got that and I wanted to spend time with OH and have a new bear hat - again all delivered. We will skim over the postponed Zoo visit and the lack of an Aston Martin DBS in the driveway, but I loved my birthday!!!

It was the weirdest thing not eating a whole bunch of cake, chocolate, three course meals etc - I didn't really miss it that much although it did force me to think of things that didn't revolve around food to do. I guess that is a good thing?

We watched the new Dara O'Briain DVD (This Is That Show) and laughed so much at some of it we had to stop it and go into separate rooms to calm down. I cried so much!!! Recommend it if you need a good 2 hours of abdominal work out!

I managed three packs and a meal today; the only thing I am looking forward to with the return to work on Monday is the regularity that I keep with the packs...3 at work and then come home for the meal. Hopefully this will ensure my losses continue.

Looking forward to Sunday - be interesting to see if the high losses continue!

Love Cxxx

hi claira happy belated birthday to you sounds like you had a brill day and your loss over christmas was fantastic.jenny x

Back