The start of the journey

AtkinsFTW - thank you so much for your post :) I think I said, but I started this jouney with two other friends. They keep calling me swat and teachers pet :( lol its not my fault!

I asked my CDC when I could start back and she was unsure to asked the Cambridge medial team. I only just found out today that I can start on step 4. And weigh in is tomorrow lol. Though I was looking at the food I have been eating compared to step 4.

My diet is not been all that bad.
I can feel the portions creeping up though. Yesterday I ended up with a smoked sausage sandwich so thats a 400cal breakfast. Then I had a subway for lunch 800 cal. I have loads of salad on it but still that was my 1200 step 4 limit by 4pm. Later I had some nuts and seads a banana and I had a few cups of tea though out the day. That has been my worst non cheat day in weeks.

Today I have stuck to it, mostly. See I had to eat the other half of the smoked sausage since it was open, but I ate that before I knew I could go on to step 4. I had grenola and a yogurt for lunch, then potatoes and veg with a wee bit of lasagna for tea. It really was a small section of lasagna a little square. my tea was quite healthy. Then I had my two products for supper.

I had one around 9pm and the other just now. That I think is not too bad.
The plan for tomorrow is a gental swim. And I plan to speak to the guys at the gym about what I can do. the 3rd is 18 days after the op. I did a wee bit of driving, and it was fine. They say don't drive for at least 3 weeks depending on how you are healing sometimes its 4 - weeks. But There was no way I could keep away from doing things for any longer.

I spent the first 10 days after the op not able to sit up for more than 15 mins, 3 times a day. That was annoying. I still lie down when I can during the day. takes the stress off my back.

I'm on no medication at all now wooo. I managed to loose 2lb I think since surgery. I have forgotten, but we will see if I have lost anything this week. I doubt it, because though my eating the rest of the week has been fine. I have been eating some of the chocolate i got in hospital. Just one chocolate out the box of hearos... each time I make a hot drink.. erm soon adds up. The whole little box is gone. Though I was not the only one eating it.

I do still have a whole chocolate orange, and some share bags of sweeties.

on step 4 it says you have to eat all the food. well compared to what I was eating it is too much. But compared to what I was eating when I got fat its not enough lol
a bit of toast with spread and jam is a breakfast, do I really need to have fruit as well and a product. My milk allowance I use for tea. That keeps me full right till tea time. but then I don't eat breakfast till mid morning, its not like I'm eating at 7am or something I eat at 10am.
I would have some fruit as a snack in the early evening, then my evening meal. Then for supper I still have a product to have and I still have a lunch allowance as well.

I think it will be good since I have eaten a lot of calories in the last few days/ week.
I tell you what though. It's been so nice not to be weighing things! I have been using a bowl to cook my veg. so I fill the bowl with frozen veg or fresh veg. Its not a big bowl but I bet its over 80g of veg. I have 2 boiled potatoes, or sometimes the protein I have has a carb in it such as lasagna. So then I don't bother. in 3 weeks I have not even used one little bag of boiled potatoes yet.
Then half the one person portion of what ever the other element of my tea was. so half a micro meal.
so I have been thinking about what I have been eating, keeping my bowl of grenola less than half fool. Still over 30g though.

Maybe that will be the key to eating all that food in step 4. Though I would rather mix and match. I would rather have my fruit to eat when ever I need a snack, eat less for breakfast and lunch add those to my tea. I know thats not maybe the healtest way.

I just like a nice big evening meal.

Anyway, time to sleep. night night :)

does the dark side actually have cookies? images.jpg

Because I am tempted. My first 2014 weigh in is Monday. My guess is .... 13.1. an increase of 10lb ish. With all I have eaten I'm thinking at least 3lb on a week for the last three weeks.

It has chocolate (**shakes**) it's some of the part of a cookie...ish... Lol

I swear we put on weight faster then Normal folks, I mean, I put on 12lbs in just over 2 weeks, and I was kinda trying most of the time, I wouldn't have even though that possible!

Brill keep it going :) Starting on Fri myself!

Where are you firelass? Hope you are well and how's your goal weight feeling?

OMG guys. I never realized I had been away so long. So, my goal weight is 12 stone, I have gone up and down all the time. But just now I'm 12.3 so that is not bad.

Its been mad, the relationship I was in had started to break down. for a while I was feeling quite sad and horrable. So it took me a while to get some strength and leave. I had no idea if I was going to end up homeless or what.

So not homeless, and seeing someone else now.
Issue with a new relationship is the bad food. Its too easy to lie in bed and eat pizza!! I need to not do that.
We went out for his birthday and I managed to put on 6lb. He doesn't drink and really dos'nt put weight on! The bugger that he is.

Uni went a bit tits up with all the stuff going on. 4th year is the important one, so it was no good to be in hospital during the first term and ending a 12 year relationship in the second term. I feel I should have somehow done better or done it all differently. But I don't know that I could have.

Laurn so glad you are back!!

So weigh in would be today, but not even in my home city. So gonna just leave it this week. I bet I have put on. Tried to be good but a double decker fell in my mouth, it would be alright of that was the only bad food.

A new eat all you like restaurant opened a few months ago. The food is so so so amazing. I could eat my own weight in food for just £15!

I will up date my weight next week.
I have started going back to the gym again when I can. So fingers crossed I will be able to stay at 12st or less. I did get 5lb below my goal then ate it again lol

It is hard to stay around goal. Its the same issues i have always had with cheating. Once I start and the cravings kick in.. arg..

Lauren, goal weight feels amazing. so I feel a bit too old for the backless dress i got the other day. But I will get a picture and show you guys. A before and after. I tell you... its amazing.
Its all worth it!!!!

Back